• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vincent George

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Hisheirness23

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Flight to Burbank has been delayed over an hour and a half! Finally boarded the flight and able to take my customary pre-flight photo of my shoes. Unlined MD Chukkas for the weekend in SoCal!
PXL_20220701_040141391.jpg

ProfilaBinding

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I use Bick 4 for everything including shell. Renovateur ruined my Alden tan calf longwings…caused color to bleed and spots that cannot be fixed.

Similar thing happened to me. It darkened one of my shoes. I caution people to be careful with it. I also cannot stand the smell of it.

shahtirthak

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
MacNeil in Oxblood which needs a coat or three of Saphir Renovateur + Hermes Red.
20220701_173919.jpg
20220701_173823.jpg
20220701_173849.jpg
20220701_173940.jpg

Ashley_S

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Took two steps into work and my (admittedly just Zara) shoe disintegrated. I'm going to file this away as "things that don't happen to you when you wear AE to work". So often, women's shoes really are made like trash, and we consume a lot of products that are basically intended to be disposable. I wonder if I'd just shrug and move on if I didn't actually understand what I was missing, having learned so much about quality over the years.

20220701_093821.jpg

Last edited:

Patrick1053

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Took two steps into work and my (admittedly just Zara) shoe disintegrated. I'm going to file this away as "things that don't happen to you when you wear AE to work". So often, women's shoes really are made like trash, and we consume a lot of products that are basically intended to be disposable. I wonder if I'd just shrug and move on if I didn't actually understand what I was missing, having learned so much about quality over the years.

View attachment 1808329
Gonna have to carry some emergency strands around with you.

I have a friend who refuses to pay $200 for a pair of shoes. He's burned through like 3 pairs of Clarks and Bostonians in the last year and looked awful the whole time.

Genericuser1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Gonna have to carry some emergency strands around with you.

I have a friend who refuses to pay $200 for a pair of shoes. He's burned through like 3 pairs of Clarks and Bostonians in the last year and looked awful the whole time.
It is something that you need to accept, I used to be that way until the shoes I was buying cracked or were just crap and I started looking into something better and eventually found SF.

I wore my Ebay Shaker Heights to work a while back and we had a meeting. One of my coworkers (who is the same grade as me and no kids and doesn't seem to spend money on clothes, cars or anything I can see) really liked them and asked about them. I told him they were AE but a discontinued model, of course he asked how much and nearly had an embolism.

Perhaps that is exaggerating a touch but the impression was "No way I'm paying that!". I was thinking to myself, umm I wonder what he do if I told him I had 60-70 pairs? 🤔

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

View attachment 1808329

Ouch! It's hard to look fierce when the vamp strap gives out.

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Happy Friday forum pals. I elected to wear some vintage Hanover PTBs to go in to this three day weekend. These are LB Sheppard signature, which was their top of the line at the time. This pair was made around the early 1980s.

IMG_1911.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads