• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ashley_S

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Non AE- living around the ATL area now. Wandered into the Cobbler Union store today and the guys there were very nice. They seemed very knowledgeable.

20220625_113849.jpg

20220625_113803.jpg

20220625_114151.jpg

EZB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

MajorDash

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Non AE- living around the ATL area now. Wandered into the Cobbler Union store today and the guys there were very nice. They seemed very knowledgeable.

View attachment 1806552
View attachment 1806553
View attachment 1806554

I think you'll like being near Atlanta. There are a lot of good opportunities for shopping, and even better opportunities for food.

Also....

The absolute best thing to do in Atlanta.....

Ashley_S

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think you'll like being near Atlanta. There are a lot of good opportunities for shopping, and even better opportunities for food.

Also....

The absolute best thing to do in Atlanta.....

Agreed entirely on the food front. I'm at Ponce City Market right now. They have kind of a food court/hall situation (but seriously elevated) that I find very charming. My family split up and grabbed meals from different eateries and now we have a little feast going on. Tikka Masala sandwich for me from Botiwalla.

20220625_124011.jpg

MajorDash

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Agreed entirely on the food front. I'm at Ponce City Market right now. They have kind of a food court/hall situation (but seriously elevated) that I find very charming. My family split up and grabbed meals from different eateries and now we have a little feast going on. Tikka Masala sandwich for me from Botiwalla.

View attachment 1806599

Never considered eating it in sandwich form, but it can't be all that bad. I may have to try that at some point. The real question is what kind of bread was it?

Seriously though. If you like stuff like aquariums, the Atlanta aquarium is very very nice. It has a lot of cool viewing spots for some really impressive animals. I want to say that it is the largest aquarium in the US.

I went back in the fall of 2020 for the express purpose of going for the sea and sealion encounters, but they were all closed for Covid. I was devastated, but it was still a fantastic time.

Ashley_S

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Never considered eating it in sandwich form, but it can't be all that bad. I may have to try that at some point. The real question is what kind of bread was it?

Seriously though. If you like stuff like aquariums, the Atlanta aquarium is very very nice. It has a lot of cool viewing spots for some really impressive animals. I want to say that it is the largest aquarium in the US.

I went back in the fall of 2020 for the express purpose of going for the sea and sealion encounters, but they were all closed for Covid. I was devastated, but it was still a fantastic time.
I love that aquarium. We went last year (during a trip to see Tame Impala), and I'd love to go back, but I think I'm going to refrain until my niece and nephew visit.

pbrandes

Reaction score
View attachment 1806374 I Just bought these. Do not have in hand. Poshmark, $42. I have no idea what they are. Yes I am an ill informed, stupid consumer. That aside, someone here knows about these and I ask that that knowledge be slapped upon the table so I can finally get a good day's upside down, hanging from the rafters nap. Thank ye for any help that shoots thru cyber space, hot spot's on.

Those in are fantastic! My vote for an Anniversary drop.

pbrandes

Reaction score
Enjoying the maiden voyage of my mineral rights (the mineral yellow on both Strandmoks is so, so right)...

IMG_5725.jpg

Perfect for foraging at the Santa Barbara Farmers Market before the return of the local Summer Solstice parade—the first following a two-year COVID break. Had to celebrate with an appropriate outfit...

IMG_5731.JPG

Bonus watch shot:

IMG_5733.JPG

Happy summer, weasels!

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Vincent George

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Enjoying the maiden voyage of my mineral rights (the mineral yellow on both Strandmoks is so, so right)...

View attachment 1806610

Perfect for foraging at the Santa Barbara Farmers Market before the return of the local Summer Solstice parade—the first following a two-year COVID break. Had to celebrate with an appropriate outfit...

View attachment 1806612

Bonus watch shot:

View attachment 1806615

Happy summer, weasels!

oooo...how do you like the Ming? I track the drops/preorders, but haven't purchased one yet...

pbrandes

Reaction score
oooo...how do you like the Ming? I track the drops/preorders, but haven't purchased one yet...

The Ming 27.01 may be the most beautiful thing I own. For a thin minimalist watch, it has remarkable depth and layering at only 6.9 mm. It amazes me how well-thought out the design is—each detail is so distinctive and yet they all work together so coherently. Ming's signature flared lugs are shortened to balance the flatter look. The white strap thread is the same width as the engraved chapter ring, hour markers and skeleton hands. The skeleton shape recurs on the band clasp. And being a hand wound, the full mechanism is visible through the caseback. I was lucky to snag this one as the drop was sold within seconds, They seem to have gotten their ordering act together far better these days.

IMG_5737.jpg

IMG_5736.jpg

IMG_5743.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads