• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MajorDash

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wait — the factory second is SUPPOSED to be priced higher than the first quality pair?
I can’t order the first quality pair because it’s not available in my size 13B.

If you called the ShoeBank and asked nicely, they might price match the F2 pair for the lower F1 price.

FatTuesday

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Pardon the breach of forum etiquette -

Longwing spectators...

Bourbon shell and bourbon hatch shell LWBs
Carmina Bourbon 01.jpg
Carmina Bourbon 02.jpg

Shoenut

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Strandmok in black today.
62BA3556-83ED-43FB-B058-CC511659BB90.jpeg

Roycru

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A final conclusion to my efforts at rescuing my Alden suede cap toe boots I sent in 5 months ago. An LA forum member (who I will not name as I do not have his permission) was EXTREMELY kind to interrupt his busy schedule and attempt a rescue of the boots from Willie's Shoe service. The short version is that the hook replacements had not been performed. (Well, 1 hook out of 8 on one boot had been changed.) The cobbler asked him to return in 30 minutes while he finished the work and looked for the other boot. Yes, he lost one of the boots somewhere in his shop. 30 minutes later the second boot remained lost and the forum member was asked to leave. There is the smallest of chances that they will ever surface again and find their way back to me, but at this point I am cutting my losses, thankful that I had not sent him some rare shell boots. I am eding the effort after 4 months of phone attempts and broken promises from the cobbler. My very public thanks to the efforts of this forum member and others who reached out to offer assistance.

Used to go to Willie's Shoe Service. Hadn't been there since 2018;

Was thinking about going there again to have metal toe tips put on a pair of Neumok 2.0's.

Looked at the most recent Yelp reviews and decided not to go to Willie's Shoe Service. Something there has gone quite horribly wrong.

JFWR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
True. I left an accurate google review of the business and I will now move on. It is sad that a guy took a long established business and then ran it himself successfully before driving it into the ground. My review is out there, but realistically he will probably have to close down (his assessment) rather soon.

Damn, shoe brother, what an awful story. As a fellow fat footed man, I feel your pain.

JFWR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Where you guys finding these sales? I don't see anything on the AE website?

EZB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anybody have experience using Saphir Invulner on regular, full-grain leather? I have used it on suede and nubuck with great success. I want to use it on the white parts of my spectator shoes. I conditioned them all and plan to use painter's tape to cover the non-white parts (since I can polish those). Then I will spray the shoe with invulner. The purpose is to protect the white from stains and wetness.

Geoff928

Reaction score
I've been busy this week and had no time to post. My apologies for the spam wall of pictures.

I had to let my car air out, so I took a picture while waiting. The dashboard told me it was 113f on that asphalt.
20220519_154533.jpg

Parks for this day.
20220524_145920.jpg

20220524_145911.jpg

20220524_145928.jpg

My least loved pair of AE shoes, the Lake Forest. They just don't fit well.
20220521_115350.jpg

20220521_115332.jpg

Was waiting for my car to get some new shoes, so took some pictures of my shoes.
20220523_155658.jpg

20220523_155705.jpg

Happy Wingtip Wednesday.
20220525_130804.jpg

20220525_130944.jpg

Now to play catch-up with this weeks discussions.
  • My first AE was a full priced pair of black Park Avenues. Sadly, I never wear them.
  • The two styles that I would love to see at some point this year would be the Grid Iron and the Promontory Point boot. Football leather and green leather/shell is my dream.
  • I'm 40 years young and still get carded to buy booze.
This was how I found out about the Memorial Day Sale.
memorialo say.png

The quality assurance team strikes again? I hope this didn't go out to many people before they saw the typo. The Memorial Say Sale still got me, I just made a call to Jeff at State Street in Boston for my first pair of Strandmoks.

Shoenut

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I've been busy this week and had no time to post. My apologies for the spam wall of pictures.

I had to let my car air out, so I took a picture while waiting. The dashboard told me it was 113f on that asphalt.
View attachment 1796067

Parks for this day.
View attachment 1796068
View attachment 1796069
View attachment 1796071

View attachment 1796072
View attachment 1796074

Was waiting for my car to get some new shoes, so took some pictures of my shoes.
View attachment 1796076
View attachment 1796077

Happy Wingtip Wednesday.
View attachment 1796079
View attachment 1796080

• My first AE was a full priced pair of black Park Avenues. Sadly, I never wear them.
  • The two styles that I would love to see at some point this year would be the Grid Iron and the Promontory Point boot. Football leather and green leather/shell is my dream.
This was how I found out about the Memorial Day Sale.
View attachment 1796084

The quality assurance team strikes again? I hope this didn't go out to many people before they saw the typo. The Memorial Say Sale still got me, I just made a call to Jeff at State Street in Boston for my first pair of Strandmoks.
I would never catch that. I just skim my AE emails for sale.

pbrandes

Reaction score

View attachment 1796067

Parks for this day.
View attachment 1796068
View attachment 1796069
View attachment 1796071

View attachment 1796072
View attachment 1796074

View attachment 1796076
View attachment 1796077

Happy Wingtip Wednesday.
View attachment 1796079
View attachment 1796080

Nice foundational collection — fortunately there are frequent Say sales with opportunities for you to build on it. The black Parks are admittedly a specialized style, but on the occasions when you need them you'll be really glad you have them.

jaasher

Reaction score
Strandmok in black today.
View attachment 1795937
I love these shoes. I tried to buy a pair during the last sale. I tried an 11 1/2 D on in store and thought I fit just OK. I tried on a 12D 5th Ave just for size and it was amazing. So, we ordered a 12D from the factory. When I got them they were huge. I measured them against the 5th Aves (yes, I bought the ”try on for size” pair) and they were indeed larger - like maybe a 13 or 14. I returned them and gave up. I’m guessing that I just got an anomaly, but I read in the reviews that people think Standmoks run big. How have you found them?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads