• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Can you spot the huge scratch I rubbed out with my thumb this morning?
B523211D-5712-4296-B526-DC16FF3659FF.jpeg

Shoenut

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Shoenut

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I've got a wife now, and I'm not a spring chicken, so gotta be more strategic than your implications. :D
I am older than you and my wife still fears that there is enough to go around for other women. Lol.

MajorDash

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I saw those on eBay last night and had to do a double take lmao. I also saw one of those cool grey Neumoks in kind of my size, but the left shoe looks to be a bit damaged and the seller wants over $200 for the pair. Boo.

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I saw those on eBay last night and had to do a double take lmao. I also saw one of those cool grey Neumoks in kind of my size, but the left shoe looks to be a bit damaged and the seller wants over $200 for the pair. Boo.

What damage are you seeing?

donkeyhoatie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quick shell shot today. Need to give these #8 HMs a little bit of TLC after the dog trounced all over them during a spirited bout of tug-of-war the last time I wore them.

As much as I'm enjoying these unnaturally cool May dates in the Chicago area, I've got a couple of complicated glue-ups in the workshop that need some extended set time at temperatures above 50. These nights dropping down into the 40s are killing my productivity. But, at least they're making it easier to reach for boots every day. You win some, you lose some, I guess.

IMG_6041.jpg

MajorDash

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What damage are you seeing?

All of this junk in through here. Maybe not damage, but the shoe looks like it was laying flattened for a while. I'd bite if it was 8EEE, but the 201 is just kinda 'ehhh' fitting in the 8.5E for me.

1653318427345.png

Shoenut

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I am older than you and my wife still fears that there is enough to go around for other women. Lol.
My wife must be reading. She just said that if I didn’t have Goldilocks eyes, she wouldn’t worry about me. So, I asked what are Goldilocks eyes? Her response: 4 women walked past you yesterday and your eyes darted back and forth. Young butt, big butt, no butt, and Ahhh just right. It is times like these that I wish my wife was occasionally wrong!

Shoenut

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
All of this junk in through here. Maybe not damage, but the shoe looks like it was laying flattened for a while. I'd bite if it was 8EEE, but the 201 is just kinda 'ehhh' fitting in the 8.5E for me.

View attachment 1795071
Belly fat. Either you are ok with it, or you are not. I like it if both shoes are affected.

Patrick1053

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I can explain why the 73 last is appealing to women. It is the girth that women crave. Oh sure, a certain length is desired, but the girth gives them pleasure. The 73 last has the girth without excessive cone height. There I said it.
No one wants to hear what you are rubbing out in the morning.
My wife must be reading. She just said that if I didn’t have Goldilocks eyes, she wouldn’t worry about me. So, I asked what are Goldilocks eyes? Her response: 4 women walked past you yesterday and your eyes darted back and forth. Young butt, big butt, no butt, and Ahhh just right. It is times like these that I wish my wife was occasionally wrong!

@Shoenut is in some unique form today

I Dont Know What To Think GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

Rithrin

Reaction score
No wife, so cannot contribute to that portion of the conversation...

I got a question for you guys.

So, I think it is pretty much known on these forums that the two most desired vault styles would be the Mac Neil and the Dundee. They get all the praise. Sometimes you also hear the Sullivan Boot (I've said that). What other styles would you like to see make a return?

Myself, it's simple: The Chester. It's just such a gorgeous full brogue and it fits me perfectly. I don't see AE as actually going for it, given they have the Cambridge and the like, but I'd love to see it make an appearance again.

But I can put my two cents here. I would love to see the Rogue return:

1653320413337.png

Just so much more character than the currently offered Boulevards. It's on the 65 last so it won't help folks who need other shapes, but it's so dang charming! And everything AE is all Oxford, all the time, or a sneaker. We need some open laced styles!

Vincent George

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

View attachment 1795102

Just so much more character than the currently offered Boulevards. It's on the 65 last so it won't help folks who need other shapes, but it's so dang charming! And everything AE is all Oxford, all the time, or a sneaker. We need some open laced styles!
Think Rogue is 201.

I hate that I don't have these!

mreams99

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

View attachment 1795102

The Rogue was on the 201 last, as I recall.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads