• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patrick1053

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I understand the need for sneakers as a doctor. That is acceptable - no one is going to ***** that you are wearing a pair of sneakers when you need to meet the needs of your job, anymore than I would disparage you for wearing muddy work boots if you were a construction worker.

Nevertheless, for things like wine tastings, which are not really rugged affairs, I would suggest you go with your loafers or some type of dress shoe.

Either that or buy a pair of actual sneakers. The dress sneaker is kind of a franken shoe. I know lots of people like them here, and ALlen Edmonds do put out some of the least offensive, but it is not a good look - especially on a man who is middle aged.

You're a handsome dude, objectively speaking, but I think you'd look like a plum ass if you wore dress sneakers.
I had an ACL surgery not too long ago and at every appointment the doctor had a different pair of Allen Edmonds dress shoe on.

It was quite distracting, and I always forgot to tell him something that I would remember within 5 min of leaving the vicinity of the Allen Edmonds.

Duke Santos

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Alright, I can't hold my tongue any longer. A former AE employee shared this with me in confidence, and I swore to her i would not to spill the beans, but I can't help myself!

AE is reaching deep into the vault for this split-toe beauty! Back by popular demand, the next drop will be...

The AE Vinny
Available in your choice of 14 Corfam° colors!
View attachment 1793588

Save your 💰 Gentlemen!

Perfect. I'll wear them with this.
leisure-suit-noiseprofessordotorg.jpg

Vincent George

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Are you sure? The PA and Strand sneakers could be made in USA--not sure... The trunk show and special models should be though.
Website says “imported” for PA sneaker—but fair point about the trunk show models.

FatTuesday

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My father wore the working man's version of that "jump suit" my entire life. He worked in an office but often would have to go out to the "field", so he always had this at the ready. I bet my shoe collection there is one in the back of his truck right now, along with field boots. As kids, we wanted "jump suits" too, to be like Dad.

donkeyhoatie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Alright, I can't hold my tongue any longer. A former AE employee shared this with me in confidence, and I swore to her i would not to spill the beans, but I can't help myself!

AE is reaching deep into the vault for this split-toe beauty! Back by popular demand, the next drop will be...

The AE Vinny
Available in your choice of 14 Corfam° colors!
View attachment 1793588

Save your 💰 Gentlemen!

As long as we have the option to change soles to something like this at no upcharge, I'm ALL-IN on this model. Who else would love to see AE make this a standard sole option?

Screen Shot 2022-05-19 at 10.00.25 AM.png

Rithrin

Reaction score
Hey guys, my name is Lauren and I’m your new AE Insider! I’m seriously so excited to be here...it’s a bittersweet moment for me as much as it is for you to see Ashley go. She has been such an inspiration to me, and I’m grateful to continue the work she started. Thank you, Ashley <3.

I’ve been with Allen Edmonds for a little over 5 years now, starting out as an Assistant Manager and then evolving to Store Manager. Over the years I’ve become extremely passionate about AE, and I have a sizable collection of shoes to prove it, 20 pairs to be exact 😉.

Many of my clients have been with me since my store opened back in 2017. I love connecting with people and bonding over our love for AE. I’ve always been the girl rocking men’s dress shoes, and I wouldn’t have it any other way. I believe you should wear what makes you feel good.

My goal is to continue strengthening the relationship between Allen Edmonds and our most loyal enthusiasts – YOU! I’m here to listen and communicate your thoughts on what you want to see from Allen Edmonds. And maybe post a meme here and there.

Lastly, I think it’s pretty cool I’m stepping into this role during our 100th year...there is so much to be excited about, and I’m looking forward to sharing information about the upcoming Trunk Show and other limited releases.

I can’t wait to get to know you all and have some fun along the way.

Thanks for having me,

Your newbie AE Insider, Lauren

Welcome and glad to have you!

Not sure which I love more, the fact that this was considered to be good marketing copy, or the vastly different conception of what a sexy man looked like at the time.

donkeyhoatie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've had these achilles-shredding versions of the Maritime kicking around for a couple of years. Every year, I think to myself, "THIS is the year I break them in." Will this be the year? Or, will I cry like a little kid and give them up after a few days, like I do every year?

Let's see if a looser lacing job helps at all. It seems to be, but I've been burned so many times in the past. So. Many. Times. Still, I just can't quit you nubuck Maritimes. You'll never be half the shoe that the CXL version is, but I'm not ready to give up on you just yet.

I think I remember someone long ago told me to just submerge them entirely in water at the beach and then wear them around. Not sure I'm ready for that step, but I'm planning to head up to the family lake house in Michigan over Memorial Day. We'll see if I do it then.

IMG_6008.jpg

MajorDash

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
…and they are not made in USA (I know. I know. Pissing on a bee nest.)

Do you know where the sneakers are made?

I posted this siren suit in a different thread ...

Winston-Churchill-2.png

I honestly love stuff like that or like a boiler suit... Now whether I could pull it off or even have any place to wear it is a different story.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads