• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JFWR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
We live opposite lives!

I rarely wear shoes at all, but when I do, sneakers get the call almost exclusively now.
I don't do yard work--ever.
I do also love the Navy McAllster, but my wardrobe just won't work with any of the non-sneaker models. I have 2 other spectators, neither of which have ever actually been worn once so far (but I love them)! I don't eat maple syrup.

Sir....

SIR...

Wear your dress shoes like a proud member of this internet shoe community. Please and thank you.

bluejazzmonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You're about to catch these hands, Shoe Brother.

I was with you with the loafers. I was with you with the boots. I was with you with the shoes of all sorts. But I draw the line here, man, I draw the line.

My closet is full of all types of dress shoes and boots. Many of them have never been worn because I'm in the medical field.

This weekend, a lady friend and I visited a winery. In this Texas heat, dress sneakers would have been perfect.

I'm looking for an excuse to continue to spend money on shoes that I don't need.

JFWR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My closet is full of all types of dress shoes and boots. Many of them have never been worn because I'm in the medical field.

This weekend, a lady friend and I visited a winery. In this Texas heat, dress sneakers would have been perfect.

I'm looking for an excuse to continue to spend money on shoes that I don't need.

I understand the need for sneakers as a doctor. That is acceptable - no one is going to ***** that you are wearing a pair of sneakers when you need to meet the needs of your job, anymore than I would disparage you for wearing muddy work boots if you were a construction worker.

Nevertheless, for things like wine tastings, which are not really rugged affairs, I would suggest you go with your loafers or some type of dress shoe.

Either that or buy a pair of actual sneakers. The dress sneaker is kind of a franken shoe. I know lots of people like them here, and ALlen Edmonds do put out some of the least offensive, but it is not a good look - especially on a man who is middle aged.

You're a handsome dude, objectively speaking, but I think you'd look like a plum ass if you wore dress sneakers.

marker2037

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Dammit, I really want these McAllister spectators. I've been waiting years for a good spectator and now when one finally comes along I am not sure I can pull the trigger as I literally hardly wear shoes anymore these days. I work from home so don't dress up at all and most of the shoes I wear end up just being loafers. Frankly, I wear boots most of the time now and have been much more into them for the past few years than shoes.

I'm not sure I can justify the spectators if they don't make it to me in time for July. I was originally planning to wear the Leiden weaves or a tassle/string loafer, but these would match the outfit perfectly.

MrOxford

Reaction score
Love.... anniversary..... sales.

Mr.Cambridge.

Attachments

• 20220518_155635.jpg
    20220518_155635.jpg
    662.5 KB · Views: 21
  • 20220518_151456.jpg
    20220518_151456.jpg
    139.7 KB · Views: 20
  • 20220518_165055.jpg
    20220518_165055.jpg
    344.3 KB · Views: 29
  • 20220503_143624.jpg
    20220503_143624.jpg
    694 KB · Views: 33

Shoenut

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
A little cold outside, so Woollymok for sure.
6C08B9D1-3432-4E52-9C6F-48564A5E771F.jpeg

fyi. Pulling out the Sea Islands tonight.

EZB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm waiting on my first pair of "dress sneakers" (PA in shell). If I love them, the remainder of my shoe purchases will be dress sneakers (till I die).
I'm already planning on shell sneakers for the upcoming trunk show.

I have two PA sneakers in shell and love them both.

EZB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Freeports in the rain. Such an underrated boot. You Tongue Tag Deniers are really missing out on a quality pair of footwear. I know it's pretty obvious from this shot that the tag throws off the entire balance of the boot, but you learn to live with it.

View attachment 1793335
The Freeport is a great boot. I’ll get smacked for saying this, though, but I just don’t love the 1757 last

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads