• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vincent George

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My shoe Brother,
This is becoming a pattern...
My Daddy believed that every damn life lesson required an ass-whooping (to help remember).
Ironing my clothes was one of those lessons...
2 mins in the dryer with a spritz of water does the trick for old Vincent here...

Vincent George

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
1990 pebbled posh-macs (a Brooks Bros. Edition) purchased for $45.

And I did the dryer thing with the pants, too.
08986EBC-6E96-4A3D-9028-606F30E71A13.jpeg

Lauren_A

Reaction score
Hello all,

I think this post is more than appropriate for Wingtip Wednesday:

I wanted to give a quick reminder that our current Limited Drop is now available to order on the Web! Your local store associates are more than happy to help you as well, whether it be in person or over the phone.

Please keep in mind we are crafting unlimited pairs until June 1st.

Did you already snag a pair? Or maybe 2? Let me know down below!

Also…there are a few different side shots on the web that really showcase the McAllister Oxford and Sneakers beautifully:

https://www.allenedmonds.com/mcalli...nNs5XnMhxeJvWs7mSFA4MEHiFycIyQkObj2cIbAuwy5lQ

Vincent George

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hello all,

I wanted to give a quick reminder that our current Limited Drop is now available to order on the Web! Your local store associates are more than happy to help you as well, whether it be in person or over the phone.

Also…there are a few different side shots on the web that really showcase the McAllister Oxford and Sneakers beautifully:

https://www.allenedmonds.com/mcalli...nNs5XnMhxeJvWs7mSFA4MEHiFycIyQkObj2cIbAuwy5lQ

Purchased chili within moments of drop! Very excited for this cool new shoe.

blewnote1

Reaction score
Hello all,

Welcome to our nerd club Lauren! Sad to see Ashley go but happy for her in her new endeavors.

I'm putting in an order for the Chili today because my wide ass feet need 3E shoes and they're hard to come by with other shoe manufacturers (and spectator shoes are even less common), but I will say that I wish the design department was a little more in tune with the fine details... the weird little bits of linen in on the sides kinda break up the visual effect of the mixed media. I realize this is because that's the McAllister layout and it looks fine when it's all leather, but just moving the one piece of leather to come down more in the middle of the section of linen would make it look more balanced.

For example, like these ones from C & J:

https://cached.bensilver.com/RS/SR/...ne-Canvas-and-Tan-Leather_5608_R_2683ea1b.jpg

My second suggestion would have been not fully lining them. They're summer shoes with linen for breathability and then there's a layer of leather covering it up!?!?!?!? I suppose they would be more delicate with just linen, but wow what a cool detail that would have been. Oh well, you can't have everything.

donkeyhoatie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Freeports in the rain. Such an underrated boot. You Tongue Tag Deniers are really missing out on a quality pair of footwear. I know it's pretty obvious from this shot that the tag throws off the entire balance of the boot, but you learn to live with it.

IMG_6007.jpg

marker2037

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hello all,

I really want to order a pair, but are these really 9 weeks out for a size 10D in dark chili? I have a wedding in July in Italy that I would love to wear these in, but 9 weeks out is far too long for me.

MajorDash

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The more I look at it, the less and less I like the mixed media on the sneakers and the more I do like on the dress shoes. I will probably break down and cop a chili pair and pass on the sneakers. The white pair of sneakers is definitely the one to get, but my white sneaker pool is already three feet (hah) deep at this point.

Just something about the linen and leather being almost the same color, but not. Had we gotten a blueberry suede with the grey linen on the sneaker, I'd be all over it.

MajorDash

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I really want to order a pair, but are these really 9 weeks out for a size 10D in dark chili? I have a wedding in July in Italy that I would love to wear these in, but 9 weeks out is far too long for me.

It says 9, but you'll probably get it way sooner... Or it could wind up being like 12 weeks for some reason.

sam67

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hello all,

I don’t wear sneakers except to do yardwork around the house.
I love the navy McAllister spectator but I think the rest of my wardrobe would limit me. It will be chili if anything. I have four other spectators but live in the South ;) and accidentally killed my regular McAllisters with maple syrup recently.

MajorDash

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Non-AE post here, but another MIUSA (or at least partially assembled here) footwear company.

I purchased these Thorogood GYW steel toe work boots for my previous job in a factory. I wore these boots 5 days a week for 2.5 years, and I have literally never done anything with them care wise. No cleaning, no conditioning, nada.

Now that I work from home, I figured that I should clean them up and see what patina has developed over the last 2.5 years. The left boot was cleaned this weekend with some Dawn dish soap and a toothbrush. The right boot has been left untouched.

Here is what the boots looked like on their first proper outing.
E3A428C5-BD49-4870-B2F7-A7514FCAFF01.jpeg

Here is what they look like 2.5 years of domestic abuse later.

3C29D2CE-3B88-4051-874A-A4BDFEE952F3.jpeg
60F35DD0-312A-471F-81FF-34CF7D7C2949.jpeg
141A6077-17C5-4E1E-A6AF-1079295A02F4.jpeg
64F658CA-2E3D-425D-AB1B-8217265A82C5.jpeg
D528C4B3-C081-4A69-A1E7-FC49570F3ECC.jpeg

What do you guys think? Should I get some saddle soap to get *all* of the of the weld soot out of them or just slather them up with Bick 4 and call it a day?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads