• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
@AE_Lauren

One thing that was nice for the trunk show back in Fall 2019 is that Ealdwine was offering shell cordovan belts to match all of the limited colors for the trunk show (including the marbled color 8).

Do we think there is any possibility that AE would do belts in the limited colors to be sold during the show as well? Even if it were a priced over the current cordovan belt offerings? Maybe not this year, but potentially for 2023 perhaps?

On a separate note, my search for a shell belt that isn’t more than my car payment has led me to this gem.

View attachment 1792945
While it's a fun take on a bow tie, the resident Bow Tie Guy will not purchase due to it being pre-tied. I was gifted a peacock feather tie (for serious peacocking) and a cork tie...they never really got much wear because they were so gimmicky (and pre-tied).

FatTuesday

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was thinking about flying to Brazil in July, and a nonrefundable basic economy middle seat, by the bathroom, is over $2000.

(Business class was over $10,000)
Have you considered driving??
How hard can it be?

Toyota Overland.JPG

Ashley_S

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
While it's a fun take on a bow tie, the resident Bow Tie Guy will not purchase due to it being pre-tied. I was gifted a peacock feather tie (for serious peacocking) and a cork tie...they never really got much wear because they were so gimmicky (and pre-tied).
Brackish Bow Ties maybe? They're based out of Charleston, and they were the first example of a feather bow tie I'd ever seen. Flashy, but beautiful.

Geoff928

Reaction score
Welcome to the Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread @AE_Lauren

Kenilworth shoes today. I haven't seen many posts with pictures of Kenilworths, but I really love these shoes. They fit great and hold a shine well.
20220517_164831.jpg

20220517_164848.jpg

This came in the mail today. I have to thank @mreams99 again for posting the link. I never would have imagined I could find a NOS football grain belt from AE. Now if I could just find a pair of shoes with football grain to match. (hint hint @AE_Lauren )
20220517_162301.jpg

20220517_162400.jpg

Last edited:

armedferret

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
there's a number of places that offer wood and feather bow ties. I have a peacock one somewhere around here....

(as in bow ties made from wood, and others made from feathers....not a combination)

Roycru

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wore the brown Kudu Neumok 2.0's again today. They are very comfortable to walk around in and since they just got new heels they are now good for another ten miles before they need new heels again.

IMG_1830.jpeg

For fans of "A-E In The Wild" pictures, went to Century City (West Los Angeles) this morning. Went to the Container Store, the Allen-Edmonds store, and the Apple Store, where the iPhone was updated to iOS 15.5.

As I get older keep shrinking and have to have my trousers shortended over and over again.

IMG_1847 2.jpeg

For fans of "A-E in A-E Stores" pictures, got some black heel and edge dressing at the A-E Store in Century City.

@AEfaninTampa, after seeing your Brackish pictures now want a Brackish hat feather for my hat (but do not want a matching Brackish bow tie).

IMG_1859.jpeg

For fans of food pictures in shoes threads, after getting the iPhone updated went to Gelson's Market and had a turkey sandwich. At Gelson's they use actual dead turkeys sliced by an actual person to make turkey sandwiches.

IMG_1869.jpeg

Between the Apple Store and Gelson's walked through the TV+ "Prehistoric Planet" pop-up exhibit.

IMG_1861.jpeg

Since I began by mentioned new heels will end by mentioning new heels.

Some may recall after ten years of always getting white heels put on the tan suede Strandmok 0.0's, had to find a new place since the two places I previously went to closed forever during the pandemic.

Found a new place that put grey heels that were too thin on the Strandmok 0.0's so had to find another new place.

Found another new place, Bedford Shoe Repair on Santa Monica Blvd just east of Sepulveda, and had new white heels that were the correct thickness put on. Bedford Shoe Repair also cleaned all the dark marks off the while sole and heel edges.

IMG_1872.jpeg

mreams99

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread @AE_Lauren

Kenilworth shoes today. I haven't seen many posts with pictures of Kenilworths, but I really love these shoes. They fit great and hold a shine well.
View attachment 1793005
View attachment 1793006

This came in the mail today. I have to thank @mreams99 again for posting the link. I never would have imagined I could find a NOS football grain belt from AE. Now if I could just find a pair of shoes with football grain to match. (hint hint @AE_Lauren )
View attachment 1793007
View attachment 1793008
I wore my football leather belt with my brown suede Freeports today.

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Brackish Bow Ties maybe? They're based out of Charleston, and they were the first example of a feather bow tie I'd ever seen. Flashy, but beautiful.
Yup. That’s the one! The cork one was Quork or something like that

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 61 39.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 17.9%

Forum statistics

Threads