• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

EdwardWilson

Reaction score
It is a credit to Allen Edmonds that they not only listen to their loyal customers, but invite some enthusiastic (possibly maniacs) to the workshop for feedback and early reveal.
0106A555-08CE-4ED1-9F3A-7FC48B67DD14.jpeg

Patrick1053

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I picked the perfect time to figure out the right size for me with AE. About three years ago I went crazy trying every realistic size combination under the sun from 10 EEE to 12 B and nothing ever felt right. Apparently, I skipped 10.5 E and of course, that was the one for me.

MajorDash

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you go on the Facebook group, it is hilarious to see all of the people complaining about this little insider event at PW. All they see is people that aren’t themselves getting to go and complaining. It’s very cool that AE is doing little PR events like this and letting ENTHUSIASTS tell us that there is very neat stuff coming this year.

EdwardWilson

Reaction score
If you go on the Facebook group, it is hilarious to see all of the people complaining about this little insider event at PW. All they see is people that aren’t themselves getting to go and complaining. It’s very cool that AE is doing little PR events like this and letting ENTHUSIASTS tell us that there is very neat stuff coming this year.

Honestly I hate Facebook and left it in 2016. I truly believe it brings out the worst in people. From the politics to the photo-bragging to the general antagonizing, I found myself constantly vacillating from envy to reactionary and it is terribly unhealthy.

So it should come as no surprise that the AE FB forum is the same.

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'm here living vicariously through these posts looking at all these smiling faces while changing dirty diaper #387.

In my experience, every time a baby cries they eat. Every time they eat, they poop. Every time they poop they cry.

Hisheirness23

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Honestly I hate Facebook and left it in 2016. I truly believe it brings out the worst in people. From the politics to the photo-bragging to the general antagonizing, I found myself constantly vacillating from envy to reactionary and it is terribly unhealthy.

So it should come as no surprise that the AE FB forum is the same.
I had to remove myself from that FB group. It was so toxic that I almost felt ashamed to be labeled an AE Enthusiast. People nit-picking the most minute details and debating whether they should send it back or put up with these "defects" was difficult for me to take. If you don't like them, for whatever reason, return them! AE has an extremely generous return policy, so take advantage of that instead of spewing disdain.

Congrats to all who participated in this event and thank you to @ae_ashley and Allen Edmonds for doing something so special (especially during these tough times). 2022 will easily be my most expensive year for shoes with all of the 100th Anniversary specials and re-editions (fingers crossed!!!). Plan accordingly!

MajorDash

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I had to remove myself from that FB group. It was so toxic that I almost felt ashamed to be labeled an AE Enthusiast. People nit-picking the most minute details and debating whether they should send it back or put up with these "defects" was difficult for me to take. If you don't like them, for whatever reason, return them! AE has an extremely generous return policy, so take advantage of that instead of spewing disdain.

Congrats to all who participated in this event and thank you to @ae_ashley and Allen Edmonds for doing something so special (especially during these tough times). 2022 will easily be my most expensive year for shoes with all of the 100th Anniversary specials and re-editions (fingers crossed!!!). Plan accordingly!

I enjoy being in that group just to see people’s photos, but there is definitely a lot of people expecting perfection from an ENTRY LEVEL gyw shoe brand. People posting pictures of welt joints asking if they should return them. Go buy some G&G if you don’t like welt gaps.

Also the number of people recommending black shoes as your first or only pair in that group… bunch of old men with no style. Unlike @Roycru who is an old man with enough style to share with the rest of us and have plenty left over.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 89 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads