• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ProfilaBinding

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not my listing but someone needs to buy this pair. NOS 8E Elgin (65 last) This pair seems a bit dark and burnished apparently... but I don't think I have seen a new Elgin in years and it's a terrific shoe (and a good deal, at that!)

Wow, those might work for me. I can sometimes get away with an E width on the 65 depending on the model. But I'm going to have to pass and see if Strand King is interested.

Genericuser1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think on weekends I'm just going to have to start changing shoes once or twice a day so I feel I'm getting good use out of my collection.

polojock615

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What could this be??

239EAA7C-44C2-426B-99BB-4D601C767639.jpeg

suuteebird

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
First I want to thank Allen Edmonds and it’s incredible Team of professionals for hosting a few AE Enthusiasts in Port Washington yesterday. They could not have been more kind, more genuine, and more gracious.

The brand is in excellent hands. They pulled back the curtain and showed us everything within its inner sanctum. The tour was impressive! It is unbelievable to see firsthand the skilled craftsmen and women demonstrating their artistry. You better believe that they take pride in their work and in its quality and construction.

Additionally they took several hours with us to meet with members of their marketing, manufacturing, web and in-store Teams to discuss, ask and answer questions about styles, trends, details and the over all customer experience. Bottom line: Allen Edmonds cares about its customers and wants to continue to deliver exceptional product.

This 100th anniversary year will highlight so many of the offerings you’ve been yearning for. Get your wallets ready because this will be the greatest year ever for the Allen Edmonds Enthusiast!

suuteebird

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
To be crystal clear to those who fear that Allen Edmonds is becoming a sneaker mill - calm your fears. Allen Edmonds is going to blow you away with their dress shoes and casual shoe lineup this year. They are more committed to their main lines than ever! Sneakers are in addition to, not in place of, what they have always done so well. There’s no reason for them not to make these offerings also. We get more Allen Edmonds and they are doing it better than anyone.

BFT9000

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
First I want to thank Allen Edmonds and it’s incredible Team of professionals for hosting a few AE Enthusiasts in Port Washington yesterday. They could not have been more kind, more genuine, and more gracious.

The brand is in excellent hands. They pulled back the curtain and showed us everything within its inner sanctum. The tour was impressive! It is unbelievable to see firsthand the skilled craftsmen and women demonstrating their artistry. You better believe that they take pride in their work and in its quality and construction.

Additionally they took several hours with us to meet with members of their marketing, manufacturing, web and in-store Teams to discuss, ask and answer questions about styles, trends, details and the over all customer experience. Bottom line: Allen Edmonds cares about its customers and wants to continue to deliver exceptional product.

This 100th anniversary year will highlight so many of the offerings you’ve been yearning for. Get your wallets ready because this will be the greatest year ever for the Allen Edmonds Enthusiast!

I'm here living vicariously through these posts looking at all these smiling faces while changing dirty diaper #387.

Genericuser1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Google-Fu

Saunders
380895-ccf6fd8372e9f46511f57137470e4881.jpg

Krause (Stolen from Reddit)
Named for Wolverine’s founder, G.A. Krause, the Krause boot is made in America from Horween Dublin Leather. The leather is tanned in a process similar to the process used to make shell horsehide, resulting in great depth of color that is highlighted in the Krause by contrast stitching along the archival pattern line and cap toe. The full lace-up boot has a butyl-treated leather outsole, Vibram heel lift, and a classic leather storm-welt with traditional Goodyear Welt construction. Similar to Wolverine’s 744 and 721 LTDs, the Krause was made by Allen Edmonds for Wolverine.
IOCfmrP_I77LPGlTR3mKilv_Nln3lKDGle5WyCmmLoQ.jpg

And of course the MacNeil.
DSC_0843-e1443319585725.jpg

middlepP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Horween and Port were added as bucket list trips almost as soon as I got into quality footwear, so I totally understand that kid-in-a-candy-store look we are all seeing!!! Thanks for sharing your experience, fellas. Queen Wease, thanks for always thinking about your customer, facilitating this trip, and letting us all live vicariously through the pictures.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads