• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

savvysartorial

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wore black Rutledges today.

View attachment 1744829

For fans of "A-E In The Wild" pictures, people are posting pictures taken ten years apart on Facebook.

Don't have any pictures taken ten years apart.

Do have two pictures taken fifty two years apart.

This picture was taken today, January 27th 2022, aboard Amtrak Train 770, a southbound Pacific Surfliner, enroute to San Juan Capistrano.

The second picture was taken in April 1968 aboard Santa Fe Railway Train 17, the westbound Super Chief, enroute to Los Angeles.

View attachment 1744830

View attachment 1744831

For fans of food pictures in shoe threads, my version of "James And The Giant Peach", Roy and the giant scone, at the Tea House On Los Rios in San Juan Capistrano.

View attachment 1744832

Also had Chicken Curry (without coconut).

View attachment 1744835

For fans of random train pictures in shoe threads, Amtrak Train 774, a southbound Pacific Surfliner, arriving in San Juan Capistrano while I was waiting for Amtrak Train 777, a northbound Pacific Surfliner, to go back where I came from.

View attachment 1744836

For fans of "The Joys Of Travel" pictures in shoe threads, an Amsink in an Ambathrom aboard Amtrak Train 770.

View attachment 1744837

Extra Added Attraction: Waving at the YouTube San Juan Capistrano depot cam after Train 770 arrived fifteen minutes late.

View attachment 1744838
Love these photos!!
I would love to see other members post old photos like this… I love older clothes and fun to see differences.
Old school cool I tell ya!

I know I’ve seen a few retro photos of the good Doc @smfdoc from the 70s or 80s and got a good laugh!

LOL!! Can’t wait to see you in the Lou!

That train photo from 1968 is splendiferous. Perhaps this was covered in prior posts, but what is your relationship with Amtrak? I thought I read previously that you were a physician.

May have already been answered, but I believe he worked for Amtrak for many years. @smfdoc is our resident retired physician, there may be others.

Shoenut

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
1A for today.
3A57785B-191A-42AB-AFF9-23C11F3B9C09.jpeg
519A08F2-BC82-4CD6-B309-0F0F333F85C4.jpeg

Last edited:

stook1

Master Builder
Reaction score
Not my listing but someone needs to buy this pair. NOS 8E Elgin (65 last) This pair seems a bit dark and burnished apparently... but I don't think I have seen a new Elgin in years and it's a terrific shoe (and a good deal, at that!)

Genericuser1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If I wasn't wearing black I would have gone with the Rockies today but the Surrey captoe will have to do.
IMG_5946.jpg

I could be in a Land's End catalog today....well maybe if I were prettier and had a full head of hair.
IMG_5949.jpg

Mock turtleneck, flannel shirt, moleskin jacket, pants, socks and hat all Land's End today.

mreams99

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
We got a dusting of snow overnight. The lug soles of the Freeport can handle that.

F0E1C537-7E56-4F53-9079-2DD62D2CA591.jpeg

I had thought about wearing these vintage Johnson & Murphy boots today. I really didn’t want to wear leather soles in the snow though.
7F9B1BC6-3343-4F51-AEC5-6BEEE9CA6CCF.jpeg

04068B64-4EDC-4904-9496-B299AFDE1C96.jpeg

Now that’s something you don’t see everyday.

stook1

Master Builder
Reaction score

mreams99

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You've got one heck of a Lonnnngggggg and Narrrowwwwwww shoe as best I can tell. I have no idea who the maker is but they are pretty awesome. I'd post them to the vintage thread and see if someone can help figure it out.
I just posted them on the vintage thread.
I usually wear a 13B, but sometimes that is a little too short for my left foot. Unfortunately, AE does not make a 13-1/2 (just about nobody does). I stumbled across these 14AA boots and they seem to fit pretty well.

ProfilaBinding

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm sure I've said before... Mahogany is my new favorite AE color.
View attachment 1745026
View attachment 1745024 i

I tried to order a pair of those from Charleston before they closed, but Jason told me that they were in such bad shape that he couldn't sell them to me in good faith. I've always appreciated Jason for being honest about his inventory. Anyway, those look great!

middlepP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not my listing but someone needs to buy this pair. NOS 8E Elgin (65 last) This pair seems a bit dark and burnished apparently... but I don't think I have seen a new Elgin in years and it's a terrific shoe (and a good deal, at that!)

Beautiful shoe that is built like a friggin tank! The Elgins are some of my most worn, and most complimented, AEs.

These might work for someone that typically takes the 65 in 8.5D or even 8.5EE. Like some of the other waxy leather/rough collection, they fit slightly larger. Mostly in the width, though I can circle back and compare lengths if anyone is interested. (not my listing)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads