• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BFT9000

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hell, I'm glad you were NOT there as it means the special something is a Strand. ;)

Haha. You might be disappointed to find out that @ae_ashley offered me a spot, but the expected due date of my second son was around the same time.

It was tough having to turn her down, but now I'm a couple weeks into paternity leave with a beautiful baby boy in my lap. Obviously I'm going to hold this over him as soon as he's old enough to understand what shoes are :rotflmao:

Southwick

Reaction score
So, is it ceramic pieces that are mixed in the sole? I imagine as the rubber gets colder and shrinks a bit, the gritty embedded part of the sole will be slightly more exposed for better grip. But wouldn’t the grit just recede with the sole material?
As near as I can tell, you are correct, but I’ll be damned if I know for sure. I’ve wondered about whether the sole loses effectiveness with wear, but I’ll worry about that later!

EdwardWilson

Reaction score
Haha. You might be disappointed to find out that @ae_ashley offered me a spot, but the expected due date of my second son was around the same time.

It was tough having to turn her down, but now I'm a couple weeks into paternity leave with a beautiful baby boy in my lap. Obviously I'm going to hold this over him as soon as he's old enough to understand what shoes are :rotflmao:

I’m going to assume Strandy was the leading name for your son. If you had known earlier about this cabal perhaps Resentment or Prince Resentment would have been fitting.

Coffandcig

Reaction score
So let's talk about that.
Our focus is the 100th year.
We have a lot of limited drops planned for the year. I'm just going to let you guys know right now that we aren't doing a February trunk show. We want to focus on some other projects I know you'll freak out about and a really strong September show. So...there will be a lot to save for.
September trunkshow + Football = Football grain trunkshow. QED.

EZB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I went out today to take my son to the bus stop and then later to sign papers for two refinances, so I got to wear things on my feet! I chose these chocolate suede Nomads, which probably haven’t been worn in over a year.
B1274DF7-2E79-421A-BC47-29884D185C1B.jpeg

Hisheirness23

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So let's talk about that.
Our focus is the 100th year.
We have a lot of limited drops planned for the year. I'm just going to let you guys know right now that we aren't doing a February trunk show. We want to focus on some other projects I know you'll freak out about and a really strong September show. So...there will be a lot to save for.
My new closet has room, and I want grail shoes now mostly! It's actually a relief that there isn't a TS in Feb so I can be sure to take part in the other 100-year madness!
Couldn't have said it any better than @EZB that this should give me time to save monies for September! Unless, the other projects for the 100-year celebration begin February??? ?

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

mreams99

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
September trunkshow + Football = Football grain trunkshow. QED.
September is too late for a football grain trunk show. By the time the shoes arrived eight weeks later, there would only be a couple games left in the season.

I hope that somebody at AE understands the football season as it relates to real fans. Fans get excited when practice starts in August. College football games usually start around the last week of August. Pro football plays pre-season games during August. It would be ideal to have the shoes for the entire season, which would mean late August or the beginning of September at the latest.

Schedule-wise, this would suggest that AE should offer a special football grain webgem at the beginning of July, OR maybe have a regular model available in stock in August.

I hope someone is listening….

Ashley_S

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
September is too late for a football grain trunk show. By the time the shoes arrived eight weeks later, there would only be a couple games left in the season.

I hope that somebody at AE understands the football season as it relates to real fans. Fans get excited when practice starts in August. College football games usually start around the last week of August. Pro football plays pre-season games during August. It would be ideal to have the shoes for the entire season, which would mean late August or the beginning of September at the latest.

Schedule-wise, this would suggest that AE should offer a special football grain webgem at the beginning of July, OR maybe have a regular model available in stock in August.

I hope someone is listening….
Someone is listening.

cincytri

Reaction score
View attachment 1743960
What would you say if I told you that as I post this, a secret band of enthusiasts and I were making our way to the mothership to kick off something very special due to be released on the 17th?

All hypothetical of course. That would be pretty awesome. If that was happening as we speak. Theoretically.

View attachment 1743964
I went crazy buying AE shell shoes and boots from 2016 to 2020. I call that time in my life the Kristen Years. I haven't been very active with purchases recently, but I did move about 5 miles down the road from the factory last year, so I am ready to get back in the game. Fingers crossed you guys are up to some great things so I can get off the sidelines! BTW, you picked a super cold day to check out SE WI- it was negative 10 this am and I'm still not used to that kind of cold. Be safe!

EdwardWilson

Reaction score
I went crazy buying AE shell shoes and boots from 2016 to 2020. I call that time in my life the Kristen Years. I haven't been very active with purchases recently, but I did move about 5 miles down the road from the factory last year, so I am ready to get back in the game. Fingers crossed you guys are up to some great things so I can get off the sidelines! BTW, you picked a super cold day to check out SE WI- it was negative 10 this am and I'm still not used to that kind of cold. Be safe!

I think 2019 was my crazy year - 3 pairs of MacNeils, 1 Dalton, 1 Sullivan, 1 Liverpool, 1 Long Branch, 1 Chester, 1 Strandmok.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads