• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ProfilaBinding

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Bourbon Strands for today (the calf version from 2017). It doesn't show in this picture, but this is one of the few pairs I do try to keep a high shine on.

20220125_090538.jpg

dpgaloot

Reaction score
Happy Tuesday,

It has been unusually warm in Salt Lake this year for a January. Like, no snow and mid 40's in the valleys. Like, we could have @AEfaninTampa or one of the many TX weasels to visit warm. I have a trip to ATV in Moab planned the first week of March, I hope this weather holds.

Breaking in a new pair today. I once heard there was a man who didn't like chili shell. I was relieved to find out it was not true.

Landon_Chili_1_25.jpg

JFWR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Why would Allen Edmonds get rid of the alpine? It's a great winter boot. The Arctic vibram sole is amazing.

Is the Higgins and Landon supposed to be offered as a winter boot replacement?

Shoenut

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Why would Allen Edmonds get rid of the alpine? It's a great winter boot. The Arctic vibram sole is amazing.

Is the Higgins and Landon supposed to be offered as a winter boot replacement?
I think the “Weatherproof” campaign has worked well enough to push the Alpine out of AE’s product line.

Shoenut

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
How many of you use leather lotion?

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I think the “Weatherproof” campaign has worked well enough to push the Alpine out of AE’s product line.
Yeah, but they should keep the soles...
How many of you use leather lotion?
I gave mine to a coworker that beats the hell out of his bicycle toe J&Ms. It was the lowest on the usage totem pole; I just felt like the others do it better.
Maiden voyage of these beautiful brown suede Freeports today. Paired with Rogue Territory Neppy 12oz Stantons that I really should get hemmed sooner than later.

View attachment 1743311
Strand King! Nooooooo!!! You have betrayed your pattern! Y U NO Hamilton?!?
But seriously, these boots look great in the snuff suede. I wonder if they look better in person? I'd probably get the Caper since it's closer to olive and to avoid redundancy...I have two snuff Indy boots (Trubal with leather, Plaza with commando). I just don't have the budget for it right now...
Though, if I do, I have considered taking a hot wire knife to the soles and trimming down/off the lugs.

BFT9000

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, but they should keep the soles...

I gave mine to a coworker that beats the hell out of his bicycle toe J&Ms. It was the lowest on the usage totem pole; I just felt like the others do it better.

Strand King! Nooooooo!!! You have betrayed your pattern! Y U NO Hamilton?!?
But seriously, these boots look great in the snuff suede. I wonder if they look better in person? I'd probably get the Caper since it's closer to olive and to avoid redundancy...I have two snuff Indy boots (Trubal with leather, Plaza with commando). I just don't have the budget for it right now...
Though, if I do, I have considered taking a hot wire knife to the soles and trimming down/off the lugs.

Can confirm that they look great in photos and even better in person. The 1757 fits me almost perfectly, only minor issue is that there's a bit too much room in the heel.

Once these go on sale again I'm considering grabbing another pair in natural cxl.

savvysartorial

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yup…we started communicating when I asked about purchasing from him my first pair of Aldens and first pair of shell, my cap toe #8 Atoms.

Love it! What a community this!

ProfilaBinding

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The 1757 fits me almost perfectly, only minor issue is that there's a bit too much room in the heel.

The Landon heel is more narrow than the Higgins. It's the narrowest heel in any of my boots, but not in a bad way (for me). But the Landon last has other issues to consider...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads