• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BFT9000

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This might not come as much of a surprise, but I don't own any Allen Edmonds boots. I've been thinking about expanding my range and getting a pair, and I think I've narrowed it down to the Higgins Mill in tan suede vs. the Freeport in brown suede. Or if I'm feeling cute maybe I'll just get both...

mreams99

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This might not come as much of a surprise, but I don't own any Allen Edmonds boots. I've been thinking about expanding my range and getting a pair, and I think I've narrowed it down to the Higgins Mill in tan suede vs. the Freeport in brown suede. Or if I'm feeling cute maybe I'll just get both...
I really thought you were going to say “Hamilton.”

Genericuser1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It was my understanding the Higgins Mill was the best selling boot, but perhaps there were too many models. I think I counted over ten different options.

Cautiously optimistic about the return of some styles. Don’t want to get my heart broken.
They routinely phase out certain colors or leathers annually otherwise they would have too many styles. Some recent ones have been burnished copper, burnished olive, olive an walnut wooly moks, etc.

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Seems obvious to me; I mean I even dubbed my flat welted suede TS pairs Strandboots.

Shoenut

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Seems obvious to me; I mean I even dubbed my flat welted suede TS pairs Strandboots.
You really went flat welt on the HamilStrand? I thought you were against that.
02520F17-9F9F-4D77-BC17-A945F711CDCA.jpeg

ProfilaBinding

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Well, do you really need boots where you live? This is an honest question. When I was living in CA, I didn't really need any boots. I wore them a few times a year when it was really rainy and cool outside, but it was just a luxury to have them. Where I live now (in TN), it's a lot easier to wear them and they keep me warmer in months like right now.

BFT9000

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Ordered the brown suede Freeports, which makes me an official member of the boot owners club!

This warehouse sale was pretty rough on the wallet. I've got a couple new Strandmoks on the way and now these new boots.

I was planning on going the Alden Indy route, but the price for both Strandmoks plus the off-brand Indys came out to around the same price range...

BFT9000

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well, do you really need boots where you live? This is an honest question. When I was living in CA, I didn't really need any boots. I wore them a few times a year when it was really rainy and cool outside, but it was just a luxury to have them. Where I live now (in TN), it's a lot easier to wear them and they keep me warmer in months like right now.

Yup, the main driving factor for this purchase is because the winter weather here can get pretty rough. As much as I love my lug sole Strandmoks, they're useless for keeping out the snow and rain.

EdwardWilson

Reaction score
Ordered the brown suede Freeports, which makes me an official member of the boot owners club!

This warehouse sale was pretty rough on the wallet. I've got a couple new Strandmoks on the way and now these new boots.

I was planning on going the Alden Indy route, but the price for both Strandmoks plus the off-brand Indys came out to around the same price range...

How many non-Strands do you own?

If the Strand King wears Freeports and Strandmoks, is he betraying his lineage? Don't blow your wad I expect to see you in Mac Neils.

Shoenut

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
How many non-Strands do you own?

If the Strand King wears Freeports and Strandmoks, is he betraying his lineage? Don't blow your wad I expect to see you in Mac Neils.
As long as the pattern is Strand like, he is good. Freeport though? Wow!

mreams99

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

They make more than one version of the Freeport. Is it possible that we’re witnessing the birth of a second universe?

DawgPound

Reaction score

Interesting. Chances are that I’ll pick up a pair of Alden Indy boots this year, depending if I can find what I want. With a pretty good collection, I’m kind of waiting to see what AE offers this year and just go for something that becomes special to me. Although most of my collection is AE, and I am not overly picky (I have plenty of F2’s), the run of purchases this past year that were F1 that I’ve had to return (after checking with AE first) due to various issues has dampened my interest. Recently, I’ve added several Grant Stone pair.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads