• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

FatTuesday

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well, we're stuck in @Shoenut's 2OH22 boat now - 2zero21 thread has been shut down!

Now - Shoes!

Landon Love...

20220101_164742.jpg

Last edited:

Hisheirness23

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
These got a little beat up from last week and travel, etc. It's nice not having to care if these get blemished because it often enhances the look of them. Chili Higgins are so comfortable and my only regret is not knowing my best size before 2021.

View attachment 1729486
At least you're aware of the correct year. AE's IG is 1 day into the new year and already messing up the date!

***EDIT***
They updated the year, finally!

Last edited:

Count de Monet

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thank you, my shoe brothers.
@Duke Santos
@Count de Monet - you must be referring to the AE lug sole.

Let me ‘s plain. Your dark snuff with the dark lug look great. That default, ie non-trunk or customizable combination works great.

But, in my opinion, the lighter lug with the “caper” suede and all the lugs paired with the smooth leather uppers on the stock offerings don’t look as nice as the double leather or commando soles shown on the various trunk show creations.

YOur dark top with dark lug looks right to me.

VeritasAequitas

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This year I resolve to finally participate in a trunk show/some other special sale.

I've finally finished and moved into a new house, I'm no longer paying for grad school... so basically I have no excuses for not throwing money at AE anymore :)

Shoe Martian

Reaction score
Trunk show Landons. Not really watermelon, mostly green shades with a touch of camo pattern. Good shine and pretty comfy. I was hoping for more of the variegated look with the orangey browns, but there is just a touch here and there. I rather like them regardless.
A300F566-027D-40C8-B2F9-5AA55EEBB481.jpeg

03A03449-2626-4023-A4AE-6A72E0CFB931.jpeg

Happy New Year!

donkeyhoatie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Didn't have time to check the new thread out until late. Too busy shoveling snow and then installing a new light fixture in the foyer. Broke out the little-worn and little-loved (on this board) monkey boot Alpines. Great do-anything boot with an Arctic Grip sole that does wonders on slippery surfaces. You can probably still find a couple of versions of the Alpine on clearance in your size. If you live in a foul winter area and don't have a pair, do yourself a favor and pick one up. You may not win too many style prizes with them, but you won't end up on your rear, either.

Glad to ring in the New Year with my fellow filthy barnweasels. Looking forward to everything this AE centennial has to offer all of us weirdos.
IMG_5678.jpg

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Trunk show Landons. Not really watermelon, mostly green shades with a touch of camo pattern. Good shine and pretty comfy. I was hoping for more of the variegated look with the orangey browns, but there is just a touch here and there. I rather like them regardless.
View attachment 1729819

View attachment 1729820

Happy New Year!
That might be how I’d prefer it…ditch the brown altogether like these

Rithrin

Reaction score
Happy New Year!

With 2022 comes all sorts of opportunities, a fresh start, an important year for Allen Edmonds - a centennial! - and many other things. So what's the first wear of the year? Is it a stunning marbled derby? A ruggedly beautiful rare pattern boot? Immaculately polished oxford?

Of course it's boat shoes!

1641149118903.png

Starting off 2022 with a 9AM stay in a piping hot bath house and sauna! Don't want to slip on the way in or out! Just what these Force 10s were made for.

1641149245651.png

Ah, and @Shoenut has given us the gift that will keep on giving for the whole year.
1641148944433.png

Oh yes, that's definitely going to bother me every time I visit the site. lol

Hope everyone has a fantastic year ahead of them!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads