• Our featured affiliate vendor of the week is Larimars Luxury Menswear Larimars, based in Ontario, Canada, specializes in handmade and semi-handmade shirts made in their family owned factory, with over 1000 fabrics from which to choose!

Please check them out and take advantage of their introductory offer for Styleforum. The discount code is in thread!

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MajorDash

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I agree, the Dalton’s design could be improved. The vamp and wings are imbalanced, which seems like an easy fix that AE could make. However, my Daltons are in a EEE width, which oddly enough makes the vamp look slightly more balanced.

The other complaints I have with the Dalton are the eyelets being spaced too far apart, and the heel being too loose due to the straight heel design as opposed to the curved heel of the Higgins Mill.

My pair is also an EEE as well, but I don't see the eyelets as being too far apart. I think that on my feet, the eyelets are pretty on point. It is still really a solid boot, it just doesn't fit my tastes as well as other patterns. But heck... can't get chili shell from Alden.

ProfilaBinding

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm not able to look at other store's inventory anymore, sorry friend. :(
This makes me really sad to read. I will still order through a store, but it stinks that they cannot search other stores.

TNshoefan

Reaction score
My pair is also an EEE as well, but I don't see the eyelets as being too far apart. I think that on my feet, the eyelets are pretty on point. It is still really a solid boot, it just doesn't fit my tastes as well as other patterns. But heck... can't get chili shell from Alden.
Comparing my shell Dalton to my Alden shell boots, I feel the Dalton is overall a better constructed boot, even though I prefer the design and fit of my Aldens. Dalton has the JR double soles, the gold standard, while Alden’s is ambiguously sourced. I also find the leather lining on my Dalton to be much nicer than on my Aldens, especially under the tongue.

ProfilaBinding

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Definitely noticed a big difference in feel when I put these on today vs. the Grant Stone boots I've been breaking in. Chili Higgins on this unusually cool day.

IMG_20221201_123714057.jpg

JFWR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Now that I actually have these side by side with a different wingtip boot, I understand why I don’t really care for them compared to others. It’s like, the wing doesn’t come as far back and it is more on the side instead of the top of the vamp. The Daltons are nice, but I strongly prefer the “busier” pattern of these Sir Walter boots.

View attachment 1862829 View attachment 1862830
I think both are handsome.

I am a fan of my Daltons. They are comfortable, well constructed, and sexy.

Those other brogued derby boots are nice as hell too, though.

dpgaloot

Reaction score
It makes me happy to see my favorite boot being discussed. One reason I love AE is that I don't have a lot of other options given my 14EEE size. Lack of options will probably explain owning 1 pair of Daltons. Only love can explain the 8 I currently own, by far the highest quantity of any AE model in my collection.

My favorite boots are:
  1. Dalton
  2. First Ave.
  3. Eagle County
  4. Freeport
  5. Patton
  6. Landon
  7. HM
I think the size I wear helps the Dalton, and makes the Landon and HM look like oil tankers. I still wear them, but that's a mighty big boot. No booths in restaurants wearing those, I'll bruise everyone else's shins.

Caper Freeports today.

Freeport_Caper_3_25.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

Corduroy…who wore it best?

• @khughes44

Votes: 8 11.9%
  • @duke santos

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • @DavidLane

Votes: 18 26.9%