• Our featured affiliate vendor of the week is Larimars Luxury Menswear Larimars, based in Ontario, Canada, specializes in handmade and semi-handmade shirts made in their family owned factory, with over 1000 fabrics from which to choose!

Please check them out and take advantage of their introductory offer for Styleforum. The discount code is in thread!

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ProfilaBinding

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
First: Congrats.

Second: I love the commitment to the shoes. Shoe pics on the day of your child's birth? I love it.

You should name your kid Allen or Higgins, just sayin'.

Thanks! When we were considering names, I suggested "Allen" to my wife. She rolled her eyes and said "We're not naming after your shoes." Then I suggested "Alan", but she said it didn't fit for our boy. @audog We named his middle name after my dad who I lost earlier this year.

donkeyhoatie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving, if you celebrate it. Yes, even you weirdo Canadians with your earlier celebration date and stronger beer and your poutine and your loonie currency and your. . . well, I'm not quite sure why I haven't moved to Canada, yet. Maybe my old Canadian roommate in high school was right. I hate it when that happens!

Took last week off and spent most of it in workboots, with a few AEs thrown in for good measure (and Alden Indy boots yesterday). Back to the normal AE rotation now.

IMG_6400.jpg

Shoenut

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Thanks! When we were considering names, I suggested "Allen" to my wife. She rolled her eyes and said "We're not naming after your shoes." Then I suggested "Alan", but she said it didn't fit for our boy. @audog We named his middle name after my dad who I lost earlier this year.
Did you ever decide on a first name?

ProfilaBinding

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

middlepP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
After having surgery last week I’ve been living in these.
View attachment 1862290
Hope you are on the mend!

Are these the ones with the (fake) shearling lining? What sizes did you take them? I really wanted them to work as house shoes, but they felt way to snug. Going up another half size in length just created heel slip problems.

Genericuser1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hope you are on the mend!

Are these the ones with the (fake) shearling lining? What sizes did you take them? I really wanted them to work as house shoes, but they felt way to snug. Going up another half size in length just created heel slip problems.
I took my regular size 9eee. Not sure on the lining but it’s a hell of a lot better than my slippers from Lands End.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

Corduroy…who wore it best?

• @khughes44

Votes: 9 12.7%
  • @duke santos

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • @DavidLane

Votes: 19 26.8%
  • @Old Red

Votes: 3 4.2%