• We would like to welcome American Trench as an official Affiliate Vendor. American Trench is a Philadelphia based outerwear, apparel, and accessories brand, making all of its products in the United States at (mostly) family owned factories. . Please visit the American Trench thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

EdwardWilson

Reaction score
I had to remove myself from that FB group. It was so toxic that I almost felt ashamed to be labeled an AE Enthusiast. People nit-picking the most minute details and debating whether they should send it back or put up with these "defects" was difficult for me to take. If you don't like them, for whatever reason, return them! AE has an extremely generous return policy, so take advantage of that instead of spewing disdain.

Congrats to all who participated in this event and thank you to @ae_ashley and Allen Edmonds for doing something so special (especially during these tough times). 2022 will easily be my most expensive year for shoes with all of the 100th Anniversary specials and re-editions (fingers crossed!!!). Plan accordingly!
I found the Ask Andy to forums to be similarly toxic. Any suit below Brioni is considered rubbish and any shoe below Edward Greene beastly.

One of the things I like about our forum is the lack of pretension. The shoe flaunting is taken with a sense of humour, there seems to be a kindness and goodwill towards other members. That is with the exception of the arrogance and condescension of the Strand King, who looks down on us from his cordovan throne and tells us to eat Factory Seconds.

BFT9000

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I found the Ask Andy to forums to be similarly toxic. Any suit below Brioni is considered rubbish and any shoe below Edward Greene beastly.

One of the things I like about our forum is the lack of pretension. The shoe flaunting is taken with a sense of humour, there seems to be a kindness and goodwill towards other members. That is with the exception of the arrogance and condescension of the Strand King, who looks down on us from his cordovan throne and tells us to eat Factory Seconds.
Hey! You better watch yourself or I'm taking MacNeils off the anniversary menu.

Shoenut

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
In my experience, every time a baby cries they eat. Every time they eat, they poop. Every time they poop they cry.
And this is how my wife makes me fat.

Shoenut

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have over $500 of shoes waiting for me at the Oakbrook store and none of them will be for me. :brick:

James1051

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Shoenut

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Hisheirness23

Reaction score
View attachment 1745252
Brown nubuck Hammies — first AE non-SMU purchase in a couple of years . . . an impulse buy that I ended up liking a lot more than expected.
You have additional pictures of these? I've always wanted to see these in person, but they were never at the stores I visited.

EdwardWilson

Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

What's the biggest deciding factor for you when making a clothing purchase?

• Style of an item

• Price of an item

• Material of an item

• Brand

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
telleqrnally