• We are thrilled to welcome Capra Leather to the Styleforum family of official Affiliate Vendors.They are a hand crafted, made to order leather goods family company. Their products have unique designs with a aesthetic that blend minimalism, tradition and functionality. Focused on sustainability they offer a lifetime warranty on every piece.

Give Capra a warm welcome on their Official Affiliate Thread

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Hisheirness23

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
thanks for taking the time to reply. I agree with everything you wrote, I pulled the trigger on one pair of Fifth Streets in Chili. I may get another pair in burgundy/brown as shoenut suggested, and I'll probably have to eat ramen for the rest of the year if I pick up the strands (Green and/or Navy).
Green and Navy are fun colors for the Strand. I would also factor in your style and wardrobe to estimate how often you will wear a Green or Navy Strand. A Chili Fifth Street could easily be a boot worn weekly, same with Burgundy and Brown. With Fall upon us, those boots would all get significant on-feet miles, but make sure you balance your wants with your wears.

EZB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

joman8390

Reaction score
Some years ago I saw a billboard which said something like “It’s the shoes you didn’t buy that hurt the most.” In my opinion few truer words have been written, you can always resell your poor purchases but you’ll always regret those you didn’t buy and can’t get anymore!

Vincent George

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Some years ago I saw a billboard which said something like “It’s the shoes you didn’t buy that hurt the most.” In my opinion few truer words have been written, you can always resell your poor purchases but you’ll always regret those you didn’t buy and can’t get anymore!
“The time to buy it is when you see it.”

mreams99

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone with Red Wing experience?

I normally wear boots in size range of 13B to 14AA. I got these Red Wing 10877s in a 14B, expecting to use an insole and wear slightly thicker socks.

Will these break in faster if I wear them without an insole for a while?

528C7F38-E534-48FA-BCD6-5A8107106A0C.jpeg

DG123

Reaction score
Anyone with Red Wing experience?

I normally wear boots in size range of 13B to 14AA. I got these Red Wing 10877s in a 14B, expecting to use an insole and wear slightly thicker socks.

Will these break in faster if I wear them without an insole for a while?

View attachment 1839235
Without an insole are the boots too big for you ? I believe removable insoles are designed for fitting purposes. Regarding break in I expect that after 15 to 20 hours of wear your pair's wedge sole will
become less rigid.
Good looking classic Red Wing work boot !

mreams99

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Without an insole are the boots too big for you ? I believe removable insoles are designed for fitting purposes. Regarding break in I expect that after 15 to 20 hours of wear your pair's wedge sole will
become less rigid.
Good looking classic Red Wing work boot !
They are a little big without an insole.

DG123

Reaction score
They are a little big without an insole.
If you are looking for an insole, this one is good quality and designed to reduce volume and snug up the fit:

Featured Sponsor

What do you normally wear on Mondays at work?

• Suit, shirt, and tie

• Suit and shirt, no tie

• Dress shirt and trousers, jacket or sport coat, tie

• Dress shirt and trousers, jacket or sport coat, no tie

• Dress shirt and trousers, no tie or jacket

• Casual trousers and shirt (polo, t-shirt, etc.)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biolyfeketogummiesge