• We are thrilled to welcome Capra Leather to the Styleforum family of official Affiliate Vendors.They are a hand crafted, made to order leather goods family company. Their products have unique designs with a aesthetic that blend minimalism, tradition and functionality. Focused on sustainability they offer a lifetime warranty on every piece.

Give Capra a warm welcome on their Official Affiliate Thread

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

ProfilaBinding

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can I entice anyone to consider navy shell HMs???
View attachment 1837686
Oh how I regret not picking those up for $250 when I had the chance... back when Charleston still existed. I live in the past too much.

Anyway, I did actually wear these today.

IMG_20220928_110357071_HDR.jpg

jch1

Reaction score
Please excuse my ignorance, but does anybody know whether chili shell Randolphs are available as a standard makeup? I can't tell if that's a standard offering or a TS exclusive. If it's the former, it probably would make sense to wait for RDA for that pair and get a Carlyle of some sort during the TS.

EZB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Vincent George

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Please excuse my ignorance, but does anybody know whether chili shell Randolphs are available as a standard makeup? I can't tell if that's a standard offering or a TS exclusive. If it's the former, it probably would make sense to wait for RDA for that pair and get a Carlyle of some sort during the TS.
Chili=TS

IIRC (edit=shell) Randolphs are available in Black, Burgundy, and Brown outside of TS. (I’ve actually been thinking about getting a pair of brown shell, so I would, myself, be waiting until RDA, because I’m not considering any welt color adjustments.)

Last edited:

MajorDash

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Chili=TS

IIRC (edit=shell) Randolphs are available in Black, Burgundy, and Brown outside of TS. (I’ve actually been thinking about getting a pair of brown shell, so I would, myself, be waiting until RDA, because I’m not considering any welt color adjustments.)

Do you know what the discount on shell usually is for RDA? I have been thinking about getting the Daltons in chili shell...

Vincent George

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Do you know what the discount on shell usually is for RDA? I have been thinking about getting the Daltons in chili shell...
Grapevine only. Shell is usually +/- 15% off for RDA. Last year, they had a preview day of an additional 15% off for Collectors—I’ve heard that this is NOT happening this year as AE is looking for more “points-driven incentives” rather than straight discounts.

MajorDash

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Grapevine only. Shell is usually +/- 15% off for RDA. Last year, they had a preview day of an additional 15% off for Collectors—I’ve heard that this is NOT happening this year as AE is looking for more “points-driven incentives” rather than straight discounts.
That makes sense to me. I remember not jumping on the deal last year because I was hoping out hope for a good TS, but that didn’t really pan out.

You will still be getting back essentially $40 from the loyalty program which would be roughly an additional 7% back?

Vincent George

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That makes sense to me. I remember not jumping on the deal last year because I was hoping out hope for a good TS, but that didn’t really pan out.

You will still be getting back essentially $40 from the loyalty program which would be roughly an additional 7% back?
Think so. It’s funny to me—this whole points thing feels very cheap. Famous Footwear does this stuff and, of course, Caleres owns both FF and AE. Am I excited to use the Edmonds Bucks? Sure, though.

MajorDash

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Think so. It’s funny to me—this whole points thing feels very cheap. Famous Footwear does this stuff and, of course, Caleres owns both FF and AE. Am I excited to use the Edmonds Bucks? Sure, though.
The way I see it... You buy a pair of shoes, you get just about enough Edmonds Bucks to get a pair of shoe trees.

EZB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Rewards that redeem discounts on future purposes are extremely common. You can do all kinds of rewards promotions (2x points, games, surveys, etc.) to drive up sales. Starbucks is REALLY good at that.

For a regular collector, rewards systems can mean much more significant discounts than sales can create. For example, I don't much buy regular shoes or boots anymore. Maybe a sale purchase here or there on a new model I want to add to my collection. The bulk of my spend, though, is on trunk shows and specials that were traditionally full price. If I can get points from AND REDEEM POINTS ON these purchases, I am getting discounts that I didn't used to get.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

What do you normally wear on Mondays at work?

• Suit, shirt, and tie

• Suit and shirt, no tie

• Dress shirt and trousers, jacket or sport coat, tie

• Dress shirt and trousers, jacket or sport coat, no tie

• Dress shirt and trousers, no tie or jacket

• Casual trousers and shirt (polo, t-shirt, etc.)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clarencmorrise