• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shoenut

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I’m wearing my natty Freeports today. I really love these boots — maybe even more than the Higgins Mill.

View attachment 1744502

I think that one of the reasons I like this is that it’s a boot on the 1757, and that’s a good fit for me.

It got me to thinking…. Should AE add another boot to the 1757 lineup? We’ve got the Higgins Mill, Freeport, and the Patton. The Patton is not as tall as the others, and all three are fairly casual.

How about a cap-toe version of the HM, with a simple line of brogueing along the edge of the cap-toe? I think with a flat welt the boot would look slightly slimmer. And hidden eyelets might dress it up a little more. I wondered if Alden made anything along those lines, and I found these two.

View attachment 1744506 View attachment 1744507

My suggestion would almost be a mashup of these two. I’d want the hidden eyelets and flat welt combined with the brogued cap-toe.

What do you think?
So, a 1A on the 1757 last.

Shoenut

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
This is the silhouette that my wife wants to see for the Liverpool.
9EFADBCC-7623-4102-A4C7-6A25D0320E74.jpeg

donkeyhoatie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Did someone say 1757? I'm not sure if I've mentioned it before, but I really like that last. In fact, I'm wearing the pair that started my love affair with it. The lighter colored and wrinklier these get, the better. It just means that they're working.

IMG_5710.jpg

DawgPound

Reaction score
Happy Thursday forum buddies! After working 14 hr days to birth a proposal, today is more casual.
3CEA19A6-AF9B-4F59-A989-9FE65B3F650D.jpeg

…and since everyone is sharing their cold and snow pics, here’s the view looking out my office window. I’m guessing upper 60’s today. Don’t know for sure…not something I need to check often. And when the weather actually changes, people talk about it and I’ll figure it out then. It usually means leaving my light jacket at home :cool:
92E2FC73-0444-465D-81B0-B49E66001C8C.jpeg

Thatguy92

Reaction score
Anyone else still awaiting trunk show orders? Feels like we’re coming up on the eight week mark (believe the quote was 6-8 weeks)?

mreams99

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone else still awaiting trunk show orders? Feels like we’re coming up on the eight week mark (believe the quote was 6-8 weeks)?
My trunk show order has already arrived.

But… my last trunk show order took at least 8 weeks. They were flawless when they arrived though!

The Christmas-New Year holiday season may have delayed things for this trunk show. The sales associate that you ordered from can look up the status for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads