• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Epaulet x Styleforum Alpine Loden Collection

Loden wool, woven in Tirol for centuries, is known for its resistance to cold and wetness. Our project in collaboration with Epaulet introduces Alpine Loden, a modern 18oz fabric blend of 75% merino wool and 25% nylon, woven in Italy. It's lighter, more durable, wind-resistant, and more comfortable than traditional Loden fabric. Partnering with Rochester Tailored Clothing, we offer custom garments like sportcoats, suits, and overcoats, made to your specifications. Learn more about the Loden collection here.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MajorDash

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@EdwardWilson in shambles.

I love my brown suede Freeport... maybe it's time to upgrade to shell?

In all seriousness, the Freeport gets slept on *HARD*. My pair I got last year in natty on double JR blew me away. I wasn’t too enthusiastic about it until I put it on and wore it a few times, but it is an amazing looking boot once you take it off of the goofy lugs.

manowar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Definitely would like to see more marbled chili examples. The example provided doesn’t really sell me on marbled chili. As it sits now I’m probably in for natty shell fifths. Was hoping I’d be sold on marbled chili parks but right now I’m not so sure.

Marbled chili looks like a matured natural, more versatile than the lighter color. Would be interested to see more samples of it as well!

Bourbon > Natural IMO also, but I'm not complaining!

I'm glad they stayed away from "watermelon-like" marbling this time, although granted, marbled blue shell is a weakness of mine. That green does take on a bit of the turquoise that I love though.

As for the Freeport: looks best in suede with contrast stitching, I think. What holds it back for me is that the moc-toe and stitching isn't more pronounced. Also, the "goofy lugs" really grew on me, but maybe not with shell.

Last edited:

ProfilaBinding

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, not including the MacNeils and/or the Leeds is super weak!

I'm a huge Leeds fan, but I understand if they were trying to shake things up a bit. The Leeds is usually offered, so I was a little surprised to not see it.

They have green Strands this time with the option of an antique flat welt. I may need to stay away from this site for a few weeks, or just be content with my watermelon Strands.

MajorDash

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, not including the MacNeils and/or the Leeds is super weak!

No derby/blucher styles in general is a bit of an odd choice. The Sanford, Leeds, Boulevard, Rogue, or Bradley would have been really welcomed. Only have one vault style really kinda blows.

Also, not to mention…. No wingtips? No short wings, long wings, wing boots, nothin’.

Lauren_A

Reaction score
The desert boot chukka is definitely a bit of a strange choice for shell.

Is there any chance we can see some shots of just the marbled chili shells on their own like we did last year with the black marbled shells? The variation is so big from shell to shell that being able to see, more or less, the whole possible range of color variation. @AE_Lauren
Here you go! Some hides have a lot of marbling whereas others have a little.
IMG_2360.jpeg

Hisheirness23

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Happy Shelltember, gents! You’ve been asking…and I’m here to deliver ALL of the details for you! Introducing…

THE 2022 SHELL CORDOVAN TRUNK SHOW!

When & How:
  • Orders can be placed in any store or online from September 23rd - October 3rd.
  • You’re able to call, visit or email your favorite store to place your order.
  • 10 stores will be hosting an in-person Trunk Show Event featuring samples of each style and color-way. Date & location of each event will be listed at the bottom of this post.

Styles Available:
Park Avenue, Higgins Mill, Strand, Landon, Park Sneaker, Freeport Boot, Randolph, Fifth Street Boot (Vault Style!), Chandler (NEW!), and Carlyle.

Colors Available:
Burgundy, Black, Chili, Brown Cognac, Natural, Navy, Green, and Chili Marbled (NEW!).

Soles Available (fully customizable!):
Rendenbach, V-Tread, Dainite, XL Henry, or Commando.

Welt Colors Available (fully customizable!):
Black, Dark Brown, Chili, or Antique.

Things to know:
  • There will be NO customizations on welt type (switching from flat to split welt or vice versa).
  • All Sales are FINAL. We encourage you to be certain of your size!
  • Natural Shell and Marbled Shell have a lot of variation.
  • If you choose to customize your welt color, you can only do so by ordering through a store.
  • The $40 SMU fee will be waived if you order through a store.
  • The Park Sneaker can only be customized with a blue, black or red refined up sole.
  • The Natural Park Avenue, Landon and Randolph will only be available to order through a store.
  • All current styles are on the same size chart as their standard, non-Trunk Show version. Please see the product detail page on our website for available sizes.

But wait…there’s more! A store near you will be hosting an in-person Trunk Show Event where you will have access to all 10 cordovan style samples! Here are the dates down below:

(Call, email or visit your location to inquire about time of their event).

September 23rd Event
King of Prussia, PA
Scottsdale, AZ
Los Angeles, CA
Rock Center, NY

September 24th Event
Madison Avenue, NY

September 25th Event
South Coast Plaza,CA

September 30th Event
Chicago Michigan Ave, IL
Boston Newbury, MA
Denver, CO
Roseville, CA

**If you don’t have a store near you, I urge you to reach out to an associate via our live chat function if you have any questions. To access the live chat, go to our website and click on the bottom right widget that says “Chat with an Allen Edmonds Expert!”. We’re more than happy to chat all things cordovan with you!

Personally, I’m loving the green Carlyle, and I couldn’t be more happy we brought the Fifth Street back. Friendly reminder, the new Chandler Boot is crafted on the same last as the Higgins Mill. I’m excited to see what customizations everyone comes up with - its time to let those creative juices flow!

Sound off below with all your thoughts & questions!

View attachment 1830266

View attachment 1830267
Fifth Street Boot, Navy, Brown Flat Welt
View attachment 1830268
Carlyle, Green, Brown Flat Welt
View attachment 1830269
Strand, Natural, Antique Flat Welt
View attachment 1830270
Randolph, Chili, Chili Flat Welt
View attachment 1830271
Park Avenue, Navy, Brown Flat Welt
View attachment 1830272
Chandler, Chili Marbeled, Chili Split Welt
View attachment 1830273
Higgins mill, Green, Brown Split Welt
View attachment 1830274
Park Sneaker, Black, No Welt
View attachment 1830275
Landon, Brown Cognac, Brown Split Welt
View attachment 1830276
Freeport Boot, Burgundy, Black Split Welt
View attachment 1830277
No Hamilton...😭😭😭

Strands will be my go-to. On the fence with the Fifth Street, but the no split welt customization would make it difficult for me.

@AE_Lauren does the Hamilton not sell well? I hope it's not a casualty of wasted leather like the MacNiel due to a less efficient pattern? How can I become Hamilton King without Hamilton TS Shell make-ups? 😢😢😢

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

Invisible Socks: Convenience or Curse?

• Convenience

• Curse

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RedHarris