• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MajorDash

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wondering if anyone has any recommendations on a protectant to apply to the linen part of these latest drops to help prevent them from getting dirty.

Also, I remember people talking about some saphir product to spray on suede to protect it but it was OOS everywhere at the time and I can't remember what the exact product was. What do people like to spray on their AE suedes for waterproofing/dirt protection?

shahtirthak

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
McTavish in English Tan Dublin, no product in the last 2+ years and its showing...
20220630_175642.jpg
20220630_174841.jpg
20220630_174853.jpg
20220630_175028.jpg

EdwardWilson

Reaction score
Poll for my friends this Thursday before Canada Day:

Your favourite shoe conditioner:

(1) Renovateur
(2) Bick 4
(3) Venetian Shoe Cream
(4) Pure Polish
(5) Collonil
(6) Lexol
(6) other

Shoenut

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

(1) Renovateur
(2) Bick 4
(3) Venetian Shoe Cream
(4) Pure Polish
(5) Collonil
(6) Lexol
(6) other
3. VSC

Geoff928

Reaction score
Today started with a pair of #8 Park Avenues.
20220630_154603.jpg

When I came home for lunch I switched to some hole filling weatherproof Higgins as it had started to rain.
20220630_150850.jpg

20220630_150901.jpg

I think @Vincent George hit the nail on the head with his ordering. I think there is a time to use one over the other, but you can never go wrong with Bick-4.

In a moment of clarity I came to realize I could never purchase the crimson red Strandmok as it was reminiscent of Alabama Crimson Tide. As a Clemson guy, I felt ashamed at my inattention to this glaring detail. Nothing against 'Bama fans, but I just can't. I really liked the color too. The nagging guilt I felt could only be cured by one thing.

shipped.jpg

I'd like to thank @donkeyhoatie and others for the thread posts regarding this shoe. The posts truly helped in my decision to purchase a shoe that I originally dismissed and scoffed at because of the tongue branding. Having said that ... I still might take a seam ripper to it, for science of course.

Vincent George

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
View attachment 1808141

When I came home for lunch I switched to some hole filling weatherproof Higgins as it had started to rain.
View attachment 1808142
View attachment 1808143

I think @Vincent George hit the nail on the head with his ordering. I think there is a time to use one over the other, but you can never go wrong with Bick-4.

In a moment of clarity I came to realize I could never purchase the crimson red Strandmok as it was reminiscent of Alabama Crimson Tide. As a Clemson guy, I felt ashamed at my inattention to this glaring detail. Nothing against 'Bama fans, but I just can't. I really liked the color too. The nagging guilt I felt could only be cured by one thing.

View attachment 1808144

I'd like to thank @donkeyhoatie and others for the thread posts regarding this shoe. The posts truly helped in my decision to purchase a shoe that I originally dismissed and scoffed at because of the tongue branding. Having said that ... I still might take a seam ripper to it, for science of course.
Bick 4 is the most versatile and most forgiving. I’ve bled some color with Renovateur before—but it’s probably a better product when used in a more targeted way (especially on black calf). I love Venetian on shell for a little gloss up, but it doesn’t feel like I’m hydrating enough with it.

PS tried to order the crimson Strandmok myself today. No 10 eee in stock (even though website claims it was). State St. called the warehouse for me:(

donkeyhoatie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

(1) Renovateur
(2) Bick 4
(3) Venetian Shoe Cream
(4) Pure Polish
(5) Collonil
(6) Lexol
(6) other

I just did a mass batch of conditioning last night. Bick 4 was the clear winner. I used it on everything except shell, so it hit up CXL, calfskin, pebble grain, kudu, and saddle. Handled everything like a champ. For shell, I used VSC, but that's just because I think I remember reading at one point that Nick Horween recommended it. I bought a small bottle a while back, and continue using it on shell, and that's it.

View attachment 1808141

View attachment 1808142
View attachment 1808143

View attachment 1808144

I wholeheartedly approve of all your choices today from the shell PA to the Freeports. Seeing that you have a pair of HMs, I'm sure you'll love the Freeports as much once the tongue tag stigma diminishes. And, if you do take a seam ripper to it, let me know how that turns out. I'd love to see what it looks like with a naked tongue. Plus, you picked the best Freeport makeup, so you're obviously a man of some integrity, although I question your allegiance to Clemson when everyone knows the Fighting Illini is where it's at.

Vincent George

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
View attachment 1808141

View attachment 1808142
View attachment 1808143

View attachment 1808144

The Park Aves in 8 really don’t get enough credit. Lookin’ good.

MajorDash

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
View attachment 1808141

View attachment 1808142
View attachment 1808143

View attachment 1808144

Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but good luck with that homie.

F4481D63-3B1C-4325-ADCF-6453DE463FCA.jpeg
E7C8FE4F-E360-441D-9605-6308010F5099.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads