• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

shahtirthak

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Walton....i would like to see more shoes and boots on the 73 last....at the moment there are none.
20220629_101643.jpg
20220629_101840.jpg

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Below, my mystery shoe has arrived. And as @Vincent George and @madhat kindly informed, it is the Winhall. So I put them on, took this mouse eye pic, proudly slapped on a banner, took them off and stuffed in a stretcher, cranking it a half turn daily until she cries uncle, half hoping to turn a single E into a triple. It's worked before.

View attachment 1807705
I find a better starting point if you are having to get an E is to go up half a size, so 11.5E is a better starting place than 11E if I'm trying to achieve my 11EEE/11.5EE size.

They look great! I'm glad you got them and are liking them. Do you use any fluids to aid in the stretch? I like to get mine good and sweaty then put a stretching device in.

Garrister

Reaction score
Below, my mystery shoe has arrived. And as @Vincent George and @madhat kindly informed, it is the Winhall. So I put them on, took this mouse eye pic, proudly slapped on a banner, took them off and stuffed in a stretcher, cranking it a half turn daily until she cries uncle, half hoping to turn a single E into a triple. It's worked before.

View attachment 1807705
A rubbing alcohol and water blend applied to the inside of the shoe will help in your endeavor to stretch the shoe.

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

View attachment 1807705

The woven Winhall, from my collection of photos of the shoes I used to own.

IMG_0393.jpg

IMG_1906.jpg

Peak and Pine

Reaction score
Do you use any fluids to aid in the stretch? I like to get mine good and sweaty then put a stretching device in.
I do not have fussy feet and can and do wear all kinds of crazy sizes, but my preferred in a decent shoe is 10.5 EEE.

Wanting a bit more width, I take a soaked and wrung out face cloth and plop it in the micro on hi for 30 seconds, put it in a fold-over plastic sandwich bag and stuff it into the foot of the shoe and leave for 5 minutes. The leather does not get wet, but very, very warm. Removed, the stretcher immediately goes in and cranked until it feels the sides, then one full crank and let rest for 24 hours. Then a half turn a day for maybe a week.

Any shoe that I have that needs a stretch, and quite a few did, is treated as a show shoe, meaning what it sounds like and is worn for the shortest duration possible, like a restaurant with friends. Or a seance with a medium. Or a tiger taming class. Those are always very short.

Geoff928

Reaction score
I've been away for too long.

Done with work for the day, so I finally used the Reptan I bought a year ago to shine some AE reptile belts. This stuff works well.
20220629_112903.jpg

I recently purchased these Strandmoks from Jason on State Street. I see more Strandmok purchases and more suede purchases in my future.
20220607_121126.jpg

20220607_152113.jpg

As of this moment I have my eye on a snuff Freeport or a crimson red Strandmok.

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Those had surprisingly good V gap for you; it looks like you bought them larger than the 11EEE I think you started buying at?

I can't recall their size, but they may have been larger than 11EEE. I also found that the v gap would be better with woven uppers. They seemed to have a bit more give and could be tightened down to reduce the gap. It is hard to remember the details as I have owned so many different shoes over the years in my search for those that fit really well.

ProfilaBinding

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Finally found the best laces for my AE boots. The chili Higgins has the light brown from Guarded Goods, which was out of stock for a long time. It matches the welt pretty well. The olive Landon has Laccico khaki green laces. They are thicker than I prefer, but the color looks better than anything else I've tried.

boots.JPG

Also, I used the Saphir shampoo on my suede Strandmoks and it removed whatever stain I got on it last week.

stain gone.JPG

blewnote1

Reaction score
Wondering if anyone has any recommendations on a protectant to apply to the linen part of these latest drops to help prevent them from getting dirty.

Also, I remember people talking about some saphir product to spray on suede to protect it but it was OOS everywhere at the time and I can't remember what the exact product was. What do people like to spray on their AE suedes for waterproofing/dirt protection?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads