• We would like to welcome American Trench as an official Affiliate Vendor. American Trench is a Philadelphia based outerwear, apparel, and accessories brand, making all of its products in the United States at (mostly) family owned factories. . Please visit the American Trench thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
sfmdoc if you have a pair of Alden long wing blucher made using the Barrie last how does the fit compare to AE's Macneil model ?
I find the Barrie to be a better fit for the shape of my foot. I wear 11EEE on Barrie and the MacNeil is best for me at 11.5 EEE and the fit is not quite as good. At first glance, one would conclude the MacNeil is a bit smaller, but the general rule of thumb is that people should size down 1/2 for the Barrie from their normal size. With that said, I wear the same 11EEE in the Hampton last which they do not recommend to downsize like they do for the Barrie. Overall, the shape of the Barrie last is a better fit for my feet than the shape of the 97 last for the MacNeil.

EdwardWilson

Reaction score

DG123

Reaction score
I find the Barrie to be a better fit for the shape of my foot. I wear 11EEE on Barrie and the MacNeil is best for me at 11.5 EEE and the fit is not quite as good. At first glance, one would conclude the MacNeil is a bit smaller, but the general rule of thumb is that people should size down 1/2 for the Barrie from their normal size. With that said, I wear the same 11EEE in the Hampton last which they do not recommend to downsize like they do for the Barrie. Overall, the shape of the Barrie last is a better fit for my feet than the shape of the 97 last for the MacNeil.
Thank you for your helpful reply. If you don't mind, please let me know what is your Indy True Balance size ?

Shoenut

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Flash Sale:
I am not enthusiastic about these.
I seem only able to buy a PA or Strand in my size. I just bought an F2 because it is in my size. Ugh!

Shoenut

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just put on the Patriot for the Flash sale that I cannot participate in.
E5E9580E-B993-4ABD-829E-B4955300B93A.jpeg

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Thank you for your helpful reply. If you don't mind, please let me know what is your Indy True Balance size ?
The Barrie and TB are the same for me. 11EEE works fine, but I have gone to 11.5EEE to get more room for a pair of boots that I want to close tighter and have more room for thick winter socks.

Shoenut

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anybody get the Fathers Day flier?
Overall not too bad, the only two dress shoes are Patent Carlisle and PA’s. See below for the pairing suggestion on the Carlisle.
E5102E75-0EC7-4FAB-9521-1E393F53232E.jpeg

I realize the flier is fashion forward, but you think at least one guy would be wearing a relaxed tux or suit.

DG123

Reaction score
The Barrie and TB are the same for me. 11EEE works fine, but I have gone to 11.5EEE to get more room for a pair of boots that I want to close tighter and have more room for thick winter socks.
Thanks again for your helpful replies.

HCapLonghorn

Reaction score
The world of Strandmok is a strange place indeed. Not all Strandmok styles fit the same at all. For instance the black CXL is unlined and fits very large. My blue suede Strandmok is fully lined and fits smaller. My Woollymok fits the smallest of all. They are sized 9.5B, 9.5C, and 9.5D. The 9.5B is almost too big.
I had my Woollymoks stretched

bluejazzmonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Weasels, here are my redrafted Bordeaux Randolph’s after they screwed up my v tread order. Would you guys return them?
I don’t complain a lot but the shoes don’t have even close to similar toes/stitching.

After a few wears, the normal wrinkles in the vamp will make the toe imperfection nonexistent.
Mine are similar and now they are right on.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

What's the biggest deciding factor for you when making a clothing purchase?

• Style of an item

• Price of an item

• Material of an item

• Brand

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pooja577