We would like to welcome American Trench as an official Affiliate Vendor. American Trench is a Philadelphia based outerwear, apparel, and accessories brand, making all of its products in the United States at (mostly) family owned factories. . Please visit the American Trench thread and welcome them to the forum.
STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.
Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.
Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!
I had a pair of Alden boots for sale, a member on this, and the Alden thread said they would buy them...got my PP address, never sent the money, never responded to inquiries...if anyone wants to know who the a*hole is....PM me and dont to business with him.
Nope, didn't ship, member promised to pay, then didn't, no explanation as to "NO I dont want them, or anything" just nothing..Having spent career in sales, telling someone No, I've changed my mind is ok, but no contact, no response is NOT OK. It is the indicator of an ass*ole. Will gladly give you the user name if you PM me;Don't tell me that you shipped the boots first??
Brown Shell Strands are amazing! Would love to see AE continue expanding their Shell Cordovan lineup by including the Hamilton and possibly other colors of shell.
My friend the Chromexcel golden brown Long Branch was also my first pair of AEs, I think 2012 or 2013. Like yours I also had sordid issues with mine.People have been posting recently about their first AEs. Here are mine. Golden CXL Longbranch boots in a 12D from the RDA sale in 2014. They don't get a ton of wear these days because I pretty much got everything wrong. If I could go back and do it again, I'd do the following:But, yeah, other than that, No Ragrets!
- Buy the right size for AEs, rather than going with what was my sneaker size at the time. 11.5D would have been a much better choice.
- Buy the dark brown version. The Golden CXL gets darker and darker every year, but dark brown would have been way more versatile.
- Actually, I take that back. If I could go back and do it all over again, I would have got in on the MTO for the Dublin version of these with the Vibram lug soles, again, in the right size.
- If I couldn't do the MTO, I'd buy 2nds versions from the Shoebank. I didn't even know such a thing even existed. But, I wear boots and do boot stuff in them. Cosmetic blemishes don't bother me one whit, since they're going to get dinged over the years.
- Get into AE footwear much earlier in my life than at age 43. I think about all the decades of GYW footwear I missed out on and I want to kick myself in my GYW backside. Of course, back in the day, AE didn't really have a great boot lineup, so maybe I didn't miss out as much as I'm thinking I did. Still, I could have had a pair of Eagle County in Dublin with the wedge sole (really the only makeup of that boot that I really love).
View attachment 1795414