• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MajorDash

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I had a pair of Alden boots for sale, a member on this, and the Alden thread said they would buy them...got my PP address, never sent the money, never responded to inquiries...if anyone wants to know who the a*hole is....PM me and dont to business with him.

Don't tell me that you shipped the boots first??

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Don't tell me that you shipped the boots first??
Nope, didn't ship, member promised to pay, then didn't, no explanation as to "NO I dont want them, or anything" just nothing..Having spent career in sales, telling someone No, I've changed my mind is ok, but no contact, no response is NOT OK. It is the indicator of an ass*ole. Will gladly give you the user name if you PM me;

Hisheirness23

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
First day of vacation, and I still had to go to the office today. Oh well; not a big deal. Gave me a chance to wear my brown shell Strands…ya know, @bluejazzmonkey ’s fav color 😁

View attachment 1795304
Brown Shell Strands are amazing! Would love to see AE continue expanding their Shell Cordovan lineup by including the Hamilton and possibly other colors of shell.

donkeyhoatie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
People have been posting recently about their first AEs. Here are mine. Golden CXL Longbranch boots in a 12D from the RDA sale in 2014. They don't get a ton of wear these days because I pretty much got everything wrong. If I could go back and do it again, I'd do the following:​
  • Buy the right size for AEs, rather than going with what was my sneaker size at the time. 11.5D would have been a much better choice.
  • Buy the dark brown version. The Golden CXL gets darker and darker every year, but dark brown would have been way more versatile.
  • Actually, I take that back. If I could go back and do it all over again, I would have got in on the MTO for the Dublin version of these with the Vibram lug soles, again, in the right size.
  • If I couldn't do the MTO, I'd buy 2nds versions from the Shoebank. I didn't even know such a thing even existed. But, I wear boots and do boot stuff in them. Cosmetic blemishes don't bother me one whit, since they're going to get dinged over the years.
  • Get into AE footwear much earlier in my life than at age 43. I think about all the decades of GYW footwear I missed out on and I want to kick myself in my GYW backside. Of course, back in the day, AE didn't really have a great boot lineup, so maybe I didn't miss out as much as I'm thinking I did. Still, I could have had a pair of Eagle County in Dublin with the wedge sole (really the only makeup of that boot that I really love).
    IMG_6042.jpg
But, yeah, other than that, No Ragrets!

EdwardWilson

Reaction score
People have been posting recently about their first AEs. Here are mine. Golden CXL Longbranch boots in a 12D from the RDA sale in 2014. They don't get a ton of wear these days because I pretty much got everything wrong. If I could go back and do it again, I'd do the following:​
  • Buy the right size for AEs, rather than going with what was my sneaker size at the time. 11.5D would have been a much better choice.
  • Buy the dark brown version. The Golden CXL gets darker and darker every year, but dark brown would have been way more versatile.
  • Actually, I take that back. If I could go back and do it all over again, I would have got in on the MTO for the Dublin version of these with the Vibram lug soles, again, in the right size.
  • If I couldn't do the MTO, I'd buy 2nds versions from the Shoebank. I didn't even know such a thing even existed. But, I wear boots and do boot stuff in them. Cosmetic blemishes don't bother me one whit, since they're going to get dinged over the years.
  • Get into AE footwear much earlier in my life than at age 43. I think about all the decades of GYW footwear I missed out on and I want to kick myself in my GYW backside. Of course, back in the day, AE didn't really have a great boot lineup, so maybe I didn't miss out as much as I'm thinking I did. Still, I could have had a pair of Eagle County in Dublin with the wedge sole (really the only makeup of that boot that I really love).
    View attachment 1795414
But, yeah, other than that, No Ragrets!

My friend the Chromexcel golden brown Long Branch was also my first pair of AEs, I think 2012 or 2013. Like yours I also had sordid issues with mine.

But I absolutely adore them. Last year a new-old stock came on eBay and I picked them up, and I still kick myself for not buying another pair from AE in 2018-2020 when they were selling for approximately $150. Life is full of regrets I fear.

EdwardWilson

Reaction score
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads