• We would like to welcome Arterton as an official Affiliate Vendor. Arterton, based in the UK, specializes in fine accessories such as garment bags, umbrellas, and shoe care, as well as fine shoes and boots from Yearn Footwear Please visit their thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

ALLEN EDMONDS APPRECIATION THREAD EDITION 2O22

Shoe Martian

Reaction score
FYI I just called the Mebane, NC outlet store and they said they are going out of business in the next 2 weeks. Not looking good for AE these days.
I just got those navy Oak Streets I recently posted from Mebane less than 2 weeks ago. I had a nice chat and a good experience with Peggy, was hoping to have her be my "go to" for ordering going forward. Deliberating a couple of sale pair now, but....?

Southwick

Reaction score
It seems that they are closing them one-by-one. It’s been a trend over the last few years. I suspect that they’ll all be gone within a year or two. It sucks, because the outlets are the only stores that ever had shoes in my size in stock.

If outlets are closing, I think they need to reconsider the decision of only stocking D-width shoes in the main stores. What’s the point of getting fitted only to be told that they don’t have anything in your size to try on?
Dear Lord, I hope I’m wrong, but does anyone else foresee Famous Footwear brick and mortar stores having a section for AE seconds?

Shoenut

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Conversation between SA and mamá Calares.
SA: If I had more sizes, I could sell more shoes.
MamaCaleres: If you want more sizes, sell them and we will stock.
SA: But buyers are walking out of the store.
MamaCaleres: Learn how to ship shoes to the customer.
SA: The only odd sizes that I sell are from internet sales that bring them here for returns.
MamaClares: Turn those buyers into brick and mortar buyers. Work those buyers for all your worth.
SA: I do sell a lot of C widths, can we stock some of those?
MamaCalares: Shoenut don’t count, we have him for life.

Maybe not. Mama Calares!

Shoenut

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Back to shoes! Woollymok for the win. I swear these AE socks match my pants. I swear.
A13134FD-0591-42B5-9A05-7FA2527BA66F.jpeg

pedarius

Reaction score
@pedarius @jet-stream
Some pics of the olive Lombard. Tried to get some in full sun, outside in shade, and inside. You’ll also see them next to an olive (?) Shannon Drive and a couple of Hamiltons for comparison of color. (Sizing is likely different on each model, so don’t make any conclusions on length from the group shot.)
Super helpful — thanks so much!

gantman

Reaction score
Conversation between SA and mamá Calares.
SA: If I had more sizes, I could sell more shoes.
MamaCaleres: If you want more sizes, sell them and we will stock.
SA: But buyers are walking out of the store.
MamaCaleres: Learn how to ship shoes to the customer.
SA: The only odd sizes that I sell are from internet sales that bring them here for returns.
MamaClares: Turn those buyers into brick and mortar buyers. Work those buyers for all your worth.
SA: I do sell a lot of C widths, can we stock some of those?
MamaCalares: Shoenut don’t count, we have him for life.

Maybe not. Mama Calares!
In a past life, I worked at the headquarters of a shoe retailer. It is sad and unfortunate how close to reality your conversation is.

EdwardWilson

Reaction score
Couldn't resist a couple throwback pics of the MacNeils - it is a shame they are no longer. I'm a longwing junkie by heart... working from home has really curbed my contributions, but here is to a better 2022! View attachment 1736703 View attachment 1736704 View attachment 1736706 View attachment 1736707 View attachment 1736708 View attachment 1736710 View attachment 1736711
Splendid.

I feel you have an obligation to wear these long wings more often and post photos of these gun boats more often.

MajorDash

Reaction score
From what I was told, the Tanger Outlets didn't renew the lease with AE for the Mebane store; same fate as the Charleston store.

TNshoefan

Reaction score
From what I was told, the Tanger Outlets didn't renew the lease with AE for the Mebane store; same fate as the Charleston store.
I was told the same thing when I spoke to Charleston and Mebane - that the closing was caused by Tanger abruptly ending the lease, as opposed to a decision made by AE to close those stores.

stook1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Kills me that this pair of Elgins are not my size. Someone should grab these 9Ds (not my listing)... they are a really nice pair at a fair price and are pretty darn tough to find. Still searching for a replacement pair for mine, sigh.

JFWR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
FYI I just called the Mebane, NC outlet store and they said they are going out of business in the next 2 weeks. Not looking good for AE these days.
The outlets would often be in weird spots.

Featured Sponsor

Friday Challenge "Suited and Booted" VOTE NOW

• An Acute Style

Votes: 17 30.9%
  • Bernoulli

Votes: 16 29.1%
  • Brennenman

Votes: 3 5.5%
  • cr2596

Votes: 3 5.5%
  • Crafty Cumbrian

Votes: 7 12.7%