• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vincent George

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@ae_ashley and Charleston are responsible for these gems in my collection... I invite you all to post your favorites in tribute...

IMG_5826 copy.jpg
IMG_4321 copy.jpg

JFWR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Regretfully, I'll be sharing some tough news today. Our Charleston outlet location will be closing at the end of the month. Many of you are familiar with my store, and I want to emphasize that this was not a decision made by Allen Edmonds, just unforseen circumstances regarding the volatile real estate environment today.

Jason and Aliyah will moving on to seek other opportunities, and I have complete faith that they will land on their feet as they are incredible hardworking, bright people. I have accepted a new role as Events and Grassroots Efforts Manager, where I will be planning and overseeing all events with Allen Edmonds, continuing to help brainstorm ideas for limited events, and advocating for enthusiasts like you. I'll be working remotely for a while and eventually moving to our headquarters in St. Louis next year, so I can do a better job at relaying your thoughts and wishes to our leadership team directly. Charleston's last day of business will be December 27th, and until then you can take 50% off whatever I have physically in my store, starting tomorrow. Phone and email orders will be accepted but please be patient as we will probably be fielding a lot of questions, emails, and calls. I truly hope that you'll reach out or stop in before that day, we would love to hear from you. I'd love for Charleston to go out with a bang.

If I have been your sales associate over the years, it has been an absolute honor. I will spend my last few weeks in the store making sure that you all are connected personally with an incredible sales associate in your area (or someone I know you can rely wholeheartedly on if you aren't near a store). I've said before that there are MANY unsung heroes in this company, and I'd like to personally introduce you to them.

Ashley

Nooooooooooooooo!!!!

I am very sad.

But alongside @savvysartorial I'd totally like to see you in person. I'd figure out a way to get down to St. Louis from central Illinois if we were to set up a meet and greet.

Ashley_S

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nooooooooooooooo!!!!

I am very sad.

But alongside @savvysartorial I'd totally like to see you in person. I'd figure out a way to get down to St. Louis from central Illinois if we were to set up a meet and greet.
And in the year that I'm working remotely, I'll be helping stores ALL OVER who are understaffed or new. So maybe I'll see a ton of you! I'm traveling about 50% of my time which is new. Maybe I can give you guys a heads up on what market I am in so you can swing by.

JFWR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
And in the year that I'm working remotely, I'll be helping stores ALL OVER who are understaffed or new. So maybe I'll see a ton of you! I'm traveling about 50% of my time which is new. Maybe I can give you guys a heads up on what market I am in so you can swing by.

Please do so! If you are ever in NY when I am there, I'd definitely want to come say hi!

Also, I sent you guys an e-mail re: the 50% sale. So keep in touch, please!

Neo1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

If you're ever going to be in my closest store in the mall over here please give me some advance notice so I can get there - I have a Family Feud list of top things I dislike about AE these days and having the store open 11-7 instead of 10-9 basically means I never visit in person anymore as the only potential free time I would get is 7-9.

Met some great people there over the years - Jay Clay, Vincenzo Vitale, even James P & Kristen worked the store simultaneously at one point.

Southwick

Reaction score
Regretfully, I'll be sharing some tough news today. Our Charleston outlet location will be closing at the end of the month. Many of you are familiar with my store, and I want to emphasize that this was not a decision made by Allen Edmonds, just unforseen circumstances regarding the volatile real estate environment today.

Jason and Aliyah will moving on to seek other opportunities, and I have complete faith that they will land on their feet as they are incredible hardworking, bright people. I have accepted a new role as Events and Grassroots Efforts Manager, where I will be planning and overseeing all events with Allen Edmonds, continuing to help brainstorm ideas for limited events, and advocating for enthusiasts like you. I'll be working remotely for a while and eventually moving to our headquarters in St. Louis next year, so I can do a better job at relaying your thoughts and wishes to our leadership team directly. Charleston's last day of business will be December 27th, and until then you can take 50% off whatever I have physically in my store, starting tomorrow. Phone and email orders will be accepted but please be patient as we will probably be fielding a lot of questions, emails, and calls. I truly hope that you'll reach out or stop in before that day, we would love to hear from you. I'd love for Charleston to go out with a bang.

If I have been your sales associate over the years, it has been an absolute honor. I will spend my last few weeks in the store making sure that you all are connected personally with an incredible sales associate in your area (or someone I know you can rely wholeheartedly on if you aren't near a store). I've said before that there are MANY unsung heroes in this company, and I'd like to personally introduce you to them.

Ashley
This is an incredibly classy post. Caleres is fortunate to have you.

Neo1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The silver lining is that Ashley will be only 4 hours away from me. Still cannot believe the Charleston store is closing. That hit pretty hard today.

I hate to say this, but the news didn't surprise me at all. Not a gambling man but I would wager that around this time, next year, factory 2nds are only available via the online (i.e. no more outlets left standing).

Neo1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This is an incredibly classy post. Caleres is fortunate to have you.

Hate to be so cheesy but I've seen them lose a TON of really good people...I hope they love her as much as she loves them.

Southwick

Reaction score
It's the end of an era. When you do land in St. Louis, let me know. Would love to show you around and catch a drink with the famous weasel herself!
I went to law school in St. Louis many moons ago. It’s a great place, relatively low cost of living in the County, and you’ll never run out of restaurant choices in the City. Best of luck to you.

Neo1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Question for the group - I have a friend at work who wears...um...crap to put it mildly. He had one pair of Redwings in a 12D that he says are extremely uncomfortable (shocker!) but are the "correct size" - they are some kind of chukka platform, no insole/padding added. He wears some other sneakers, mainly Stan Smiths, all 12D.

He would LOVE to get his hands on a Landon but can't afford it. I see Ashley's store has a bunch of 12Ds - I bet I could weasel him but I'm thinking he must need an 11.5D. What do you guys think?

Shoenut

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Question for the group - I have a friend at work who wears...um...crap to put it mildly. He had one pair of Redwings in a 12D that he says are extremely uncomfortable (shocker!) but are the "correct size" - they are some kind of chukka platform, no insole/padding added. He wears some other sneakers, mainly Stan Smiths, all 12D.

He would LOVE to get his hands on a Landon but can't afford it. I see Ashley's store has a bunch of 12Ds - I bet I could weasel him but I'm thinking he must need an 11.5D. What do you guys think?
Depending on the makeup, I think the 12D could work. I just tried on the woolly version and it fit much smaller than the smooth and grain version. My Shell Landons are all 9.5B with a good fit. The Woolly in 9.5D felt the same. But some of the leather versions fit way bigger. This one is very dependent on materials.

mreams99

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Ashley

I am always sad to see the closing of another brick & mortar store, and the impact to hard-working employees. I worked with Kristle at my local outlet until it closed a few years ago. After that, I enjoyed working with Ashley and Jason.

Thank you for all of your great work.

pedarius

Reaction score

Ashley

Others have said it well and better than I could, but also shocked and saddened at the news. I'm nowhere near your best customer, but you and Jason have sold me at least half my 30-odd AE, and your service was always so great that I even felt uncomfortable, bordering on disloyal, dealing with my local store as it seemed like taking a sale away from you all who had earned it. Wish all of you the best; glad Caleres at least seems to have the sense to recognize what a tremendous asset you personally are for their brand.

Thanks to your whole team for all your help and great work.

BFT9000

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Ashley

Awful news. I think at least a quarter of my collection has come directly through Charleston, including all of my shell shoes.

I've had an incredible experience working with/spending frivolously through all of the wonderful Charleston sales associates, and I'm really sad to hear I won't be able to do so again next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 45 40.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 44 39.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 18 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 25 22.5%

Forum statistics

Threads