• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shoenut

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Mrs. Shoenut decided to hang out in Mexico for a while. So, I am out for dinner in a low light restaurant. PA for tonight.
CF0D36B2-9635-406B-921A-4107AFE6E93E.jpeg

Had to resort to a bathroom pic.
My wife wants me to miss her. She finally sent me a picture of us.
9F050E23-DDF9-4AF2-9BA7-650CF4A72A9D.jpeg

EdwardWilson

Reaction score
Golden brown chromexcel Long Branches for the Canucks- Penguins hockey game. Most comfortable boot I have ever owned.
4E36F4AF-B3F0-434A-9145-E8D23D9A22BE.jpeg

jet-stream

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Still wondering if I am the only member of this group who has a pair of black Rutledges?

Wore them again last night. May decide to wear them more often in the future and fill this thread with pictures of them.

View attachment 1714609

For fans of "A-E In The Wild" pictures, a holiday fiesta of them.

In the lobby of the Biltmore Hotel in downtown Los Angeles before going up the stairs to the Art Deco Society Of Los Angeles "Cocktails In Historic Places" event in the Gallery Bar.

View attachment 1714620

Interacting with one of the Christmas decorations before going up the stairs.

View attachment 1714622

The entrance to the Gallery Bar.

View attachment 1714625

Once again went to an event and discovered I was underdressed.

View attachment 1714633

For fans of food pictures in shoe threads, didn't have any food, just champagne, so you will have to settle for a champagne picture with a moral.

The moral is when you are old your grey hairs show up more in pictures taken with a flash or taken out in bright sunlight.

View attachment 1714636

For fans of Christmas Tree pictures in shoe threads, one of the Biltmore Hotel's Christmas Trees.

View attachment 1714643

The last event I went to at the Biltmore Hotel was the Tweed Pub Crawl in November 2019.

View attachment 1714648

For fans of historic pictures in shoe threads, the Santa Fe Railway Los Angeles City Ticket Office (and a Fred Harvey shop and office) used to be in the Biltmore Hotel.

My career started there in June 1965 when my friend who worked there told me to go over to the Los Angeles General Office at 6th and Main (now called "Santa Fe Lofts" and converted into hipster housing), see the Chief Clerk in the Passenger Traffic Department, and get hired.

If Amtrak hadn't happened at 11:59pm EST on April 30th 1971 I would probably still be working for the railroad.

View attachment 1714651
No sir - you are not alone! At least, not with respect to black Rutledges. When referring to your posts in general, you are without peer.

I actually have all three colors of Rutledge, though I cannot find a photo of the walnut pair. I am quite fond of Adelaides, and a few of the longtime forum members are familiar with my affection fir the 333. IIRC, though, your Rutledges were MTO with a different sole.

A6B93894-E05E-4AC6-B68C-4093861B98C7.jpeg

64458476-5152-451B-9E04-50D8EEFD6FC6.jpeg

bemk

Reaction score
Well, next time I order a pair of boots from their sales, I will probably wait until a Sunday. While my Landon ordered on Thursday should be shipped any day now, I cannot take advantage, but probably some of you can:

Screenshot2021-12-05.jpg

Ashley_S

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
? TODAY ONLY, take an EXTRA 10% off all boots except the Q1 Higgins Mill. ?

No exlusions on factory second boots. 25% and then an extra 10% today.

This is not a drill! Call your SA asap!

Shoenut

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
One benefit of living in TN is that my Landon boots will arrive very quickly (basically get 2 day shipping for free). I forgot that AE has a warehouse near Nashville.
banana.gif
Hopefully they don’t take that weird Colorado, LA, New Mexico ride.

Shoenut

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Trying to see if the Freeport is something that I would wear often.
E27ED173-04E8-4C86-8092-501CE663E1CB.jpeg

Shoenut

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I don't even care to see pictures of your fantastic shoe collection (unless your lovely wife is in the photograph). We have become spoiled.
That is only because you have never had to deal with her crap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 45 40.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 44 39.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 18 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 25 22.5%

Forum statistics

Threads