• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

M2511

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey guys hope you all had a Happy Thanksgiving! Looking forward to seeing the most recent trunk show goodies. No pictures but I’ve been sporting the JBM which always draw stares lol. I’ll have em out again today, if I remember I’ll snap a photo.

I have a few pairs listed in my signature for sale if anyone is interested let me know. They’ve been listed there a while but I never posted them. A friend of mine has fallen on some hard times so any pairs I sell there in my signature I’m giving the funds to him along with the 2 pairs on the Alden BST thread. It won’t solve his problems but any little bit helps and god knows I’m not suffering for a lack of shoes lol. Thanks guys!

bemk

Reaction score
Dear all, I would love to get your input on the Landon respectively the last 2622: Does it run long in size?

I mean, would you for example say a size 9 is a short 9 or a long 9?

My issue is I am not firm with US sizes and when I look around on the web, there is no clear equation of international sizes, in fact the more charts I look up the more I get confused.
I am wearing RM Williams boots (Craftsman and Gardener) in 8.5 AU/UK and these are perfect. As I have wider feet I'm wearing the H-Fit, so I want the Landon in EEE and I feel safe on the width. But I'm wondering if I should pick US 9 or 9.5.

AU/UK 8.5 on RMW's charts is EU 43 and US 9.5, Allen Edmonds equates UK 8.5 to US 9. I understand that the Landon/last 2622 is a "relaxed fit" that "has added space in the toe box. This extra room allows for thicker socks and foot expansion that occurs at the end of the day or during a long flight."
So I would guess US 9 on the Landon would be a 'long' US 9. Do you agree or would you beg to differ?

Last edited:

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Dear all, I would love to get your input on the Landon respectively the last 2622: Does it run long in size?

My issue is I am not firm with US sizes and when I look around on the web, there is no clear equation of international sizes, in fact the more charts I look up the more I get confused.
I am wearing RM Williams boots (Craftsman and Gardener) in 8.5 AU/UK and these are perfect. As I have wider feet I'm wearing the H-Fit, so I want the Landon in EEE and I feel safe on the width. But I'm wondering if I should pick US 9 or 9.5.

AU/UK 8.5 on RMW's charts is EU 43 and US 9.5, Allen Edmonds equates UK 8.5 to US 9. I understand that the Landon/last 2622 is a "relaxed fit" that "has added space in the toe box. This extra room allows for thicker socks and foot expansion that occurs at the end of the day or during a long flight."
So I would guess US 9 on the Landon would be a 'long' US 9. Do you agree or would you beg to differ?
I really need AE/Alden/Carmina/Rancourt sizing to give you more specific advice, but I will tell you I ordered 11.5EEE (11.5EE is normal TTS size for me, 11EEE for Higgins Mill on 1757). It does feel long, but I needed it for width in the toebox! The taper is too much like Alden's Barrie and is no bueno for my pinkie toe. I would say a 9 if you have easier fitting feet, but if you struggle with toe tapers hurting your toes then 9.5 might be the way to go. Really depends on the relationship between your heel-toe and heel-ball measurements. Hopefully you have a higher instep...they have a LOT of vamp room for thick/tall feet.

savvysartorial

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Genericuser1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have this watch with the stainless steel case. I like it because I don’t have anything else quite like it.
This was the reason I picked it up, I have tons of divers and a variety of other styles but nothing remotely like the Vario 1918. I'll likely pick up their jump hour watch as well when it releases.

Hopefully I can help I am a 9 EEE Brannock and take a 9 EEE in most AE lasts. The Landon is no different I take a 9 EEE it will just fit like a relaxed boot style similar to the Higgins Mills on the 1757 (rounded toe). For UK shoes I only have experience F-Fit so I size up to 8.5UK for most (to gain a touch more width) and they are snug so I'd say if you are an 8UK in a casual relaxed boot style you would be a 9 in the Landon. For my Italian boots I'm a 44 and that is do to length not width.

I'd say if you want to wear thick socks then a 9.5EEE but if wearing normal dress socks I'd go with a 9EEE. A EEE is comparable to a G-Fit to my understanding so if the H-fit is good for you I'd definitely go with a 9 EEE.

bemk

Reaction score
I really need AE/Alden/Carmina/Rancourt sizing to give you more specific advice, but I will tell you I ordered 11.5EEE (11.5EE is normal TTS size for me, 11EEE for Higgins Mill on 1757). It does feel long, but I needed it for width in the toebox! The taper is too much like Alden's Barrie and is no bueno for my pinkie toe. I would say a 9 if you have easier fitting feet, but if you struggle with toe tapers hurting your toes then 9.5 might be the way to go. Really depends on the relationship between your heel-toe and heel-ball measurements. Hopefully you have a higher instep...they have a LOT of vamp room for thick/tall feet.

Thank you so much! I can't provide these as I'm essentially exclusively wearing these RMW Chelseas for many years. All I can say in addition that I have a Timberland Mock-Toe (Britton Hill) in US 9 which is fine in it's length for me, neither towards either end short or long. But it's slightly tight in width.
And I have (but never wear) a Redwing Blacksmith in US 9.5 D. This is slightly too long, but much too narrow.

bemk

Reaction score

Thank you very much! Cool!

Please let me ask about this:

... so I'd say if you are an 8UK in a casual relaxed boot style you would be a 9 in the Landon. For my Italian boots I'm a 44 and that is do to length not width.

Do you mean 8 UK or 8.5 UK, which I wear in RMWs? If you mean 8 I would rather opt for 9.5 with the Landon.

I'd say if you want to wear thick socks then a 9.5EEE but if wearing normal dress socks I'd go with a 9EEE. A EEE is comparable to a G-Fit to my understanding so if the H-fit is good for you I'd definitely go with a 9 EEE.

If AE's EEE is more a G-fit than an H-fit, this would suggest also to me, that 9.5 could be the better choice, first to more meet the H-fit and have a bit of free space for thicker socks. Though I have read that the Landon has a rather thin leather, I want to wear it in colder seasons when my Chelseas are a bit borderline. But as I'm living in urban Germany, I don't see much snow or when not for long and I have some Meindl boots if I need to shovel snow. ;)

Genericuser1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thank you very much! Cool!

Please let me ask about this:

Do you mean 8 UK or 8.5 UK, which I wear in RMWs? If you mean 8 I would rather opt for 9.5 with the Landon.

If AE's EEE is more a G-fit than an H-fit, this would suggest also to me, that 9.5 could be the better choice, first to more meet the H-fit and have a bit of free space for thicker socks. Though I have read that the Landon has a rather thin leather, I want to wear it in colder seasons when my Chelseas are a bit borderline. But as I'm living in urban Germany, I don't see much snow or when not for long and I have some Meindl boots if I need to shovel snow. ;)
Not sure why I thought G-Fit was wider than H, lol I blame not having enough coffee yet. Yes, if you want warmer/thicker socks I'd say 9.5EEE

donkeyhoatie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
In the 50s here in the Chicago 'burbs. Gotta take advantage of unlined-footwear weather. Brown OG Normandy boots with basic, thin socks got the call today. No wool socks in December is a weird feeling, but I'll take it.
IMG_5616.jpg

bemk

Reaction score
It does feel long, but I needed it for width in the toebox! The taper is too much like Alden's Barrie and is no bueno for my pinkie toe. I would say a 9 if you have easier fitting feet, but if you struggle with toe tapers hurting your toes then 9.5 might be the way to go. Really depends on the relationship between your heel-toe and heel-ball measurements. Hopefully you have a higher instep...they have a LOT of vamp room for thick/tall feet.

P.S.: It's not a toe-thing for me, it's about my wider joint (ball) under my toes, which hurts when the shoe is too tight.

Not sure why I thought G-Fit was wider than H, lol I blame not having enough coffee yet. Yes, if you want warmer/thicker socks I'd say 9.5EEE

Aha, so then EEE should be fine for me as H in RMW is slightly generous (not anyway near tight). Now I have to think about 9 or 9.5. I tend to the latter.

Thank you all! ?

Shoenut

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
P.S.: It's not a toe-thing for me, it's about my wider joint (ball) under my toes, which hurts when the shoe is too tight.

Aha, so then EEE should be fine for me as H in RMW is slightly generous (not anyway near tight). Now I have to think about 9 or 9.5. I tend to the latter.

Thank you all! ?
There is no way that I could join any conversation on fit. Landon fits me much looser than HM. Go figure. And the Chapman last is so tight that a D widths fits me fine. The stupid Freeport is too loose in a D width but I feel would be too tight in a B width. And let’s not talk about the 65. I have that last in good fits, in 3 different widths.

Genericuser1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Fit will definitely vary for me depending on how it was lasted. I have shoes on the same last, same size that either cause me instep discomfort or are perfect. This isn't an AE thing I have a boot from another maker that I need to sell because of instep pain and I have 3 other boots on the same last that cause no issue.

dpgaloot

Reaction score
Spending time here has certainly made me more aware of my own fit issues. Like many, I used to just get shoes in my size and not worry too much about fit or comfort. I have been tracking AE lasts for some time and have favorites (234 and 678) and no-go choices (42N). I have yet to try different sizes in the same last, that may be in my future.

OG Distressed Leather McTavish today. Some of my favorites with the jeans I wear almost exclusively.

McTavish_Distressed_5_25.jpg

ProfilaBinding

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The olive Landons arrived, and they look fantastic. However, I must have weird feet because I definitely do not feel like this last is larger than the 1757. These might actually be too small, and I might need to size up just like I did with the most recent chili Higgins. I don't want to return this pair because they look so good for being factory seconds. Pics later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads