• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

dpgaloot

Reaction score
How about a little green for Wingtip Wednesday?

MacNeil_Green_4_25.jpg

EdwardWilson

Reaction score

Genericuser1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I feel like that watch has a story.
That strap is bussin.

This particular watch is styled after the Trench watches of WWI. Prior to this the pocket watch was the norm but service men found that not very practical or safe and started adding lugs and strapping their pocket watches to their wrists.

The strap is a Bund strap and also originated in WWI as German pilots were issued them to keep a protective layer between the metal watch and their skin due to temperature extremes they might encounter. Bund straps were also used I believe my Japanese mountaineers or mountaineers in general for the same reason. Seiko's first Alpinist was on a bund I believe.

Below are two other color bunds I have for it.
IMG_5602.jpg
IMG_5588.jpg

pbrandes

Reaction score
All right, I need advice from folks with culture and taste. Until I locate some, y’all will have to do. ? (rimshot)

I’ve received some lambs wool flannel trousers in what O’Connell’s calls “brick.” They are a bit darker and richer than the photo below suggests. They would be worn with either odd jacket & tie or just a sweater. Either way, I’m stumped as to the best color shoe to go with (you’d have thought I would have worked that out before buying, right?).

Black would seem to be obvious but I have an adversion to black shoes when not with a suit. So, all my black shoes are oxford cap toes; I have nothing in black less formal than that.

So my choices would seem to be (i) buy a less formal black shoe I wouldn’t wear much or (ii) make use of a different color. No, I don’t have any green or blue shoes apart from a blue suede chukka. Well, I take that back, I have a greenish brown chukka that C&J calls “ earth” or something.

Thoughts?
View attachment 1712442
Grey suede Strandmoks. (I think grey Strand sneaks would be even better if you can handle the rules transgression).

bluejazzmonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You plan on fighting some fires today?

My brother-in-law is a plant supervisor (25 years). He gives me the hand-me-downs (great work pants and shirts). I have a casual Christmas party this weekend, and the client requested that I do NOT wear a suit. I'm breaking in the Landons so I can wear them with chinos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads