• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

James1051

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Interesting. I got an email from AE saying Everything on Sale 25% off.
Just out of curiosity, I checked the website to see if shell is included.
The cordovan collection has disappeared from the site.
?

ProfilaBinding

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I get the impression that someone was updating the site for after BF, but perhaps inadvertently removed the shell. I saw the shell was discounted on Friday, so I would think if you called a store, they would honor it. I doubt it was a conspiracy to hide the shell. BTW, remember that time the Dalton was selling for $100 or something like that? Not the first time we've seen a mistake from AE's website.

mosy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
?

Came here to say the same thing. Very strange and I suspect intentional.

DawgPound

Reaction score
?
I get the impression that someone was updating the site for after BF, but perhaps inadvertently removed the shell. I saw the shell was discounted on Friday, so I would think if you called a store, they would honor it. I doubt it was a conspiracy to hide the shell. BTW, remember that time the Dalton was selling for $100 or something like that? Not the first time we've seen a mistake from AE's website.
Came here to say the same thing. Very strange and I suspect intentional.
That all said, shell was on sale not long ago for about 15% off I recall. I made a purchase, but still waiting on them.

mosy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That all said, shell was on sale not long ago for about 15% off I recall. I made a purchase, but still waiting on them.

Hope you get them soon, which model did you get?
But for AE to declare 25% off site wide and then remove all shell is disingenuous.

DawgPound

Reaction score
Hope you get them soon, which model did you get?
But for AE to declare 25% off site wide and then remove all shell is disingenuous.
Don’t disagree with you. They have done site-wide sales in the past and normally just exclude shell. Oh well.

Ordered some Daltons in the right size. I bought some Daltons before I had my size figured out for the 511 last. Those are now on the B/S/T thread, but about to move them to eBay. Gave them a try for a few wears and finally shelved them. I like the ladyboy (?) Dalton, so when they went on sale, jumped on them.

ProfilaBinding

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Don’t disagree with you. They have done site-wide sales in the past and normally just exclude shell. Oh well.

Ordered some Daltons in the right size. I bought some Daltons before I had my size figured out for the 511 last. Those are now on the B/S/T thread, but about to move them to eBay. Gave them a try for a few wears and finally shelved them. I like the ladyboy (?) Dalton, so when they went on sale, jumped on them.

On the second thought, I guess it's possible that they have made an error in the discount they wanted applied. In the past, it's usually 15% on shell. 25% does seem a little generous for shell. But it also seems odd that they would have the shell on sale at the beginning and then remove it. I'm sure we'll get some answers next week.

manowar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
$375 for shell seconds, not bad. A few sizes available on the site and plenty on Shoebank.

VintageZealot

Reaction score
Does the FR stamped on the sole stand for Factory Reject, Factory Recraft, or something else?

Allen Edmonds Winchester zipper boots in 9476 Burgundy Polished Calf (not cobbler) from 1985. These boots fit very well and get a lot of attention. Since it's been rainy/snowy weather for a few weeks now I've been wearing these a lot more. The pictures were taken when the weather was nicer.
20211116_160412 - Copy.jpg
20211116_160945 - Copy.jpg
20211116_161038 - Copy.jpg
The date code suggests these were made on October 3rd 1985.
20211116_161154 - Copy.jpg
20211116_161234 - Copy.jpg

Hisheirness23

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Shoeshine Sunday while watching The Walking Dead. Never seen this show, before, and am binge watching it. Already on Season 7 and it's really captivating! Wanted to give these a good brushing due to all the glorious bloom and some cordovan cream polish to see if I can give these Burgundy Shell Strands a lighter tone. They look black, but are really the darkest shade of burgundy I've ever encountered.

Before
PXL_20211129_023525376.jpg

PXL_20211129_023611062.jpg

During
PXL_20211129_041118663.jpg

After
PXL_20211129_052534531.jpg

BFT9000

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Now that Thanksgiving weekend has come and passed, I'm ready for those sweet sweet trunk show orders to come rolling in... Here's hoping a shipping notification shows up this week or next.

Hisheirness23

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Now that Thanksgiving weekend has come and passed, I'm ready for those sweet sweet trunk show orders to come rolling in... Here's hoping a shipping notification shows up this week or next.
As optimistic as I am, I wouldn't expect these to arrive until Christmas at the earliest. Possibly after New Year. But, would make for a wonderful Christmas present, especially with the Grails I was able to order!

Shoenut

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
My coffee vs my wife’s tea. I didn’t know this was Patriot week, otherwise I would have brought just Patriots to Mexico. How quickly my wife reverts to her old ways. Last night we went out for some coffee and what does she do? Takes the coffee cup because it is our first coffee of this trip. She will be taking towels at the Hotel also, so I have to explain that my wife is going to steal stuff and work out a price behind her back. Shopping is also very different. My wife will only buy what she needs each day to cook. I am even talking spices. I think it is weird that we shop for 30 minutes and come home with a bunch of dime and nickel bags of herbs and spices.
BCAC14C2-9993-4E4A-BADD-40B4CF593493.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 83 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 85 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.1%

Staff online

Forum statistics