• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ptfly

Reaction score
If you haven't sent them back yet, consider shooting them over to me. I'll make sure these are looked at, and I'll make sure your next pair are made with special attention. I'm sorry for this.
Ashley, thank you for the offer. I thought about messaging you before I sent them back. It is the same patchy, waxy leather as the old liverpool distressed brown pair I have. The description led me to belief it was kudu or plain suede which is why I ordered. I didn't think they would make a custom pair out of regular snuff so I returned them.
Maybe next season.

Shoenut

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Black and Blue today.
8FCDBC06-A614-4A2D-AB16-87BFCCD6562D.jpeg

donkeyhoatie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No specific reason for breaking out the brown kudu Normandy other than the fact that they're comfortable, good-looking, and smell great. Wore some freshly laundered selvedge just to trigger some folks who may be in the "never wash selvedge" camp. Mine get washed and air dried and spend the first couple of post-wash wears working out all those weird wrinkles that come from air drying. Oh well.

IMG_5492.jpg

Although, I am a little concerned that this photo and post may have violated the terms around explicit content listed at the top of the page. Please don't ban me!
Screen Shot 2021-10-27 at 9.38.08 AM.png

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
No specific reason for breaking out the brown kudu Normandy other than the fact that they're comfortable, good-looking, and smell great. Wore some freshly laundered selvedge just to trigger some folks who may be in the "never wash selvedge" camp. Mine get washed and air dried and spend the first couple of post-wash wears working out all those weird wrinkles that come from air drying. Oh well.

View attachment 1692916

Although, I am a little concerned that this photo and post may have violated the terms around explicit content listed at the top of the page. Please don't ban me!
View attachment 1692919

I, too, saw the ban warning for the posting of "misinformation." I now realize I run the risk of being irreversibly banned for advocating the acceptance of "brown in town."

JFWR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

View attachment 1692916

View attachment 1692919

Are you not supposed to iron selvedge?

JFWR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I, too, saw the ban warning for the posting of "misinformation." I now realize I run the risk of being irreversibly banned for advocating the acceptance of "brown in town."

Uh oh. Maybe I'll be banned for some recent discussions regarding my sartorial preferences...

Egads!

donkeyhoatie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Are you not supposed to iron selvedge?

Not when your legs themselves are stronger than iron. Fear my calves!!!! If my legs can't get these jeans in shape, no modern contraption will be able to, either.

In all honesty, I'm just way too lazy to iron jeans that nobody else will see today as I WFH, especially when the wrinkles are gone after one good morning of wear.

JFWR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not when your legs themselves are stronger than iron. Fear my calves!!!! If my legs can't get these jeans in shape, no modern contraption will be able to, either.

In all honesty, I'm just way too lazy to iron jeans that nobody else will see today as I WFH, especially when the wrinkles are gone after one good morning of wear.

I do so fear.

TheLawBeard

Reaction score
Today’s first wear. Recently found these, got them resoled by Wyatt and Dad. They fit like a glove and are already one of my favorite pairs. Alligator saddles!

Attachments

• 18A9B2D3-B834-4B76-AA46-DCA219785450.jpeg
    18A9B2D3-B834-4B76-AA46-DCA219785450.jpeg
    117.2 KB · Views: 20
  • 22301BD3-2350-4267-B3D8-2BABB36BD411.jpeg
    22301BD3-2350-4267-B3D8-2BABB36BD411.jpeg
    141.9 KB · Views: 25
  • EBE4EBFC-D3DF-4766-8E5B-28C6B389CE2D.jpeg
    EBE4EBFC-D3DF-4766-8E5B-28C6B389CE2D.jpeg
    115.5 KB · Views: 24

Ashley_S

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Today, an email went out outlining host store locations, and mentioned Madison Ave. Although they are well equipped to help you, Rock Center remains the actual host store. I'm sorry for the error.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads