• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

donkeyhoatie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'll be the ref for the fight between @donkeyhoatie and @polojock615 over blue dainite.
Blue Dainite for life.

I'm not sure why we'd need a ref for a fight, since we're on the same page here. I don't currently own any blue Dainite, but that's mostly because I'd rather have v-tread if I can get it. If I were choosing a color for Dainite, blue would definitely be in the mix, and the lead contender. Especially if I'm going with a cognac or tan Dublin. Gimme all of dat blue, yo!

For the black shaved marble, however, I do think the other colors of Dainite pair better, as they pull from the colors of the shell itself. To me, that shell should be the star and I wouldn't want the blue to detract from it. But, that's me, and I'm usually drunk.

EdwardWilson

Reaction score
To me, all of those colors pair well. The only exception might be the blue, but I feel like someone who chooses blue Dainite for their shoe knows exactly what they're doing and how to do it with confidence, or at least some well-intentioned false bravado. When the day comes and I get my Dublin trunk show, if you think I'm not getting a HM makeup and not at least considering a blue Dainite sole, then I don't think you know this Donkey at all.

Then again, what do I know? I'm just a Donkey. I fell in some ice and later got thawed out by your scientists. Your shoe world frightens and confuses me. My primitive mind can't grasp these concepts.

Heck, I'm the Donkey who buys a pair of Longbranch boots in the wrong size for his first pair of AEs ever around 7 years ago and continues to wear them to this day, with cheap olive chinos, no less. You know, for sentiment and stuff. Original red laces and everything!

View attachment 1691886
Incorrect size or not those are stupendous. Honestly the Long Branch is a great boot, particularly in that colour.

manowar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think their olive green complements the green suede nicely. It’s a matter of taste of course so there’s no wrong answer.

View attachment 1691720
View attachment 1691721

That's a great makeup and should be stock for Loden Higgins IMO! The included black lug sole throws off the earthy vibes that make Loden so appealing to begin with. Are these a recent order or from the suede TS? Asking because the welt/edge color seems lighter than the current model.

I just ordered a pair in light tan and you're making me reconsider! My solace is the green dainite waxed brown HM's already on my feet today.

Adhazem

Reaction score
That's a great makeup and should be stock for Loden Higgins IMO! The included black lug sole throws off the earthy vibes that make Loden so appealing to begin with. Are these a recent order or from the suede TS? Asking because the welt/edge color seems lighter than the current model.

I just ordered a pair in light tan and you're making me reconsider! My solace is the green dainite waxed brown HM's already on my feet today.

I bought those during this current sale. You know on day 1 when they had a collectors special day? I picked the loden Higgins and for $40 up charge you can change the sole and I picked olive green dainites. It said it will be done in 8 weeks but really took 2 weeks to ship. I’m real happy with how they turned out!

manowar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I bought those during this current sale. You know on day 1 when they had a collectors special day? I picked the loden Higgins and for $40 up charge you can change the sole and I picked olive green dainites. It said it will be done in 8 weeks but really took 2 weeks to ship. I’m real happy with how they turned out!
They look fantastic. I also ordered a custom (commando lug) sole on my light brown pair. For some reason my collector account has a perpetual 15% off and I like it. This is about my 4th order of RDA.

Adhazem

Reaction score
They look fantastic. I also ordered a custom (commando lug) sole on my light brown pair. For some reason my collector account has a perpetual 15% off and I like it. This is about my 4th order of RDA.

Yeah I kinda went 4 orders on that day 1. I guess I’m in the dog house. Although one was a bad specimen and I sent it back. I tried to point that out at dinner the other day and it didn’t go well…?

SumDude

Reaction score
Based pm the description of snuff and the soft sole I don't think these are waxed suede but Repello (first listed as Kudu). I have a waxed boot and agree there are patches in that version.
My snuff HMs should show up today. Fingers crossed for no bald spots.

Unfortunately the description is still not accurate. They are indeed waxed suede.

ptfly

Reaction score

klawso9

Reaction score
Cambridge to get the week started.

AACE0252-3057-4975-881C-80755369BB5A.jpeg

SumDude

Reaction score

ptfly

Reaction score
Both of these AE boots list the same leather on the description. Premium Repello weatherproof suede . Is the freeport waxed as well?
I see these two options from the Stead site.

Attachments

• FreeportBoot_4917_SnuffSuede_Angle_web.jpg
    FreeportBoot_4917_SnuffSuede_Angle_web.jpg
    142.3 KB · Views: 13
  • HigginsMill_4590_SnuffSuede_Profile_web.jpg
    HigginsMill_4590_SnuffSuede_Profile_web.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 17
  • Desert-Oasis-Dr.-Martens-1.jpg
    Desert-Oasis-Dr.-Martens-1.jpg
    609.9 KB · Views: 19
  • Desert-Oasis-Waxed-1-1.jpg
    Desert-Oasis-Waxed-1-1.jpg
    749.7 KB · Views: 21
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads