• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adhazem

Reaction score
I don't like the silly colours of dainite. I think they clash with anything. Dainite should be in subdued colours, or they really don't belong on dress boots, dress shoes, or work boots. Grey or the brown dainite are the only two I think are worth considering.

I think their olive green complements the green suede nicely. It’s a matter of taste of course so there’s no wrong answer.

0B0AB11D-E1BD-4C9C-A658-79277606396E.jpeg

71FBFEC4-18D6-4BEF-AAB3-B3075F4AB452.jpeg

EZB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Wore the Black Hills today to finish up preparing for the start of our move tomorrow. The truck is coming tomorrow (thanks smfdoc for his suggestion on the company). I'm excited about that we're supposed to get heavy rain tomorrow, but why does it always rain in LA when I'm moving? I'll still be around in LA for another week or so.

View attachment 1691608

For some reason it was pouring buckets of rain the day I left LA as well.

ptfly

Reaction score
Yes, I would like to echo that these should be exchanged. Waxed suede styles tend to be a little distressed, so some of this can be expected, but not to this degree, and not in the burnt sugar pair. Feel free to PM me if you aren't working with a store and bought them online. I want those, so I can send them to QC to take a look at.
Based pm the description of snuff and the soft sole I don't think these are waxed suede but Repello (first listed as Kudu). I have a waxed boot and agree there are patches in that version.
My snuff HMs should show up today. Fingers crossed for no bald spots.

Shoenut

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Genericuser1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
It's a suede Monday.

IMG_0990.jpg

donkeyhoatie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Tried to capture a look at a piece of marbled black shell cordovan against various dainite colors in indoor lighting.
View attachment 1691660 View attachment 1691661 View attachment 1691662 View attachment 1691663
What are your thoughts and impressions?

To me, all of those colors pair well. The only exception might be the blue, but I feel like someone who chooses blue Dainite for their shoe knows exactly what they're doing and how to do it with confidence, or at least some well-intentioned false bravado. When the day comes and I get my Dublin trunk show, if you think I'm not getting a HM makeup and not at least considering a blue Dainite sole, then I don't think you know this Donkey at all.

Then again, what do I know? I'm just a Donkey. I fell in some ice and later got thawed out by your scientists. Your shoe world frightens and confuses me. My primitive mind can't grasp these concepts.

Heck, I'm the Donkey who buys a pair of Longbranch boots in the wrong size for his first pair of AEs ever around 7 years ago and continues to wear them to this day, with cheap olive chinos, no less. You know, for sentiment and stuff. Original red laces and everything!

IMG_5484.jpg

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
To me, all of those colors pair well. The only exception might be the blue, but I feel like someone who chooses blue Dainite for their shoe knows exactly what they're doing and how to do it with confidence, or at least some well-intentioned false bravado. When the day comes and I get my Dublin trunk show, if you think I'm not getting a HM makeup and not at least considering a blue Dainite sole, then I don't think you know this Donkey at all.

Then again, what do I know? I'm just a Donkey. I fell in some ice and later got thawed out by your scientists. Your shoe world frightens and confuses me. My primitive mind can't grasp these concepts.

Heck, I'm the Donkey who buys a pair of Longbranch boots in the wrong size for his first pair of AEs ever around 7 years ago and continues to wear them to this day, with cheap olive chinos, no less. You know, for sentiment and stuff. Original red laces and everything!

View attachment 1691886
I'll be the ref for the fight between @donkeyhoatie and @polojock615 over blue dainite.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads