• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SumDude

Reaction score
Wore my AE chukka's Wednesday (forgot to snap a pic), mahogany Landons yesterday (again forgot pic) and Landons today.
Landon.jpeg

donkeyhoatie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Was working on my Little House on the Prairie/I Was a Teenage Werewolf fanfiction mashup today which reminded me that I really should be wearing my Landons when I'm doing this. So, I wore them for synergy and stuff. You're welcome.

IMG_5470.jpg

Roycru

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wore Lombards today since I seldom wear them and Lombards seldom appear in this thread.

IMG_7598.jpeg

For fans of "A-E In The Wild" pictures, American Arts & Crafts architecture and me.

IMG_7608.jpeg

For fans of food pictures in shoe threads, "C's The Day."

October 22 is Champagne Day.

Wanted the keep things mostly in the "C" Section so had Champagne with chili and cornbread at the Alcove Cafe on Hillhurst Avenue in East Hollywood/Los Feliz and wore a camelhair jacket with a chrysanthemum boutonniere.

A quote from "These Are Our Failures" by Christian Chensvold:

“If ‘dressing up’ were a person, it would not be a boulevardier fawned over by the society pages. It would be an old man in a nursing home, sporting a boutonniere that foreshadows the flowers at his own coming funeral. Ties have literally tied everything together, menswear-wise, for more than 200 years. The very concept of what it means to be well dressed falls apart without the necktie.”

IMG_7605.jpeg

Ashley_S

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Trunk Show Host Store Spotlight: DALLAS!

I had the pleasure of having a brief interview with our tenured Dallas store manager Barbara, and she and Larry are excited to be part of our first wave of host stores for week 1!

Her in-store event will be held on Friday Oct. 29th from 5pm to 8pm, though you can place your order with this location from opening.

? [email protected]
☎️ 469-587-0800 _________________________________________

A: Tell me a little about your team!

Barbara: "Larry and I have worked together for Allen Edmonds for many years. We play off each other’s knowledge and strengths as we help the customers with those hard decisions, like colors or styles, by inviting the other person’s opinions into the mix. #teamwork"

A: What styles and color combinations are you most excited for this trunk show?

Barbara: "My favorite style as always is the Strand in the natural cordovan. Larry’s favorite is the Park Ave in the black marbled."

123_1(1).jpeg

Note: I'll be posting about a host store every so often leading up to their event, so you can get to know some of our resident dream teams. Remember, you can place your order with any store (even if they aren't a host store) but if you don't have a go-to team, consider one of these amazing locations, either in person or remotely via phone or email.

ptfly

Reaction score

I had the pleasure of having a brief interview with our tenured Dallas store manager Barbara, and she and Larry are excited to be part of our first wave of host stores for week 1!

Her in-store event will be held on Friday Oct. 29th from 5pm to 8pm, though you can place your order with this location from opening.

? [email protected]
☎ 469-587-0800 _________________________________________

Barbara: "Larry and I have worked together for Allen Edmonds for many years. We play off each other’s knowledge and strengths as we help the customers with those hard decisions, like colors or styles, by inviting the other person’s opinions into the mix. #teamwork"

Barbara: "My favorite style as always is the Strand in the natural cordovan. Larry’s favorite is the Park Ave in the black marbled."

View attachment 1690556

Note: I'll be posting about a host store every so often leading up to their event, so you can get to know some of our resident dream teams. Remember, you can place your order with any store (even if they aren't a host store) but if you don't have a go-to team, consider one of these amazing locations, either in person or remotely via phone or email.
Larry is great. Fellow B-width and full of the love of shoes. Always a pleasure to work with.

Hisheirness23

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

? [email protected]
☎ 469-587-0800 _________________________________________

View attachment 1690556

This is fantastic! Feel like this should also be posted on AE's Instagram as a story post, along with any future posts on host stores!

gantman

Reaction score
The strand looks fantastic in dark brown.
They are Cigar and the Arizona sunshine brings out the best. I really love the Mahogany color too, but my only other pair of Strands are Dark Chili. I felt it was too close.

JFWR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They are Cigar and the Arizona sunshine brings out the best. I really love the Mahogany color too, but my only other pair of Strands are Dark Chili. I felt it was too close.

Cigar is a great colour for the strand. Like, for real. Really nice.

Reactions: EZB

bluejazzmonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
? This just in: We are extending the RDA sale for one week! The sale will now end Monday, November 1. More time to get those savings in!

This won't affect in store trunk show events. They're still scheduled to kick off Oct. 29th (next friday), so connect with your stores and make sure they know what you have your eye on. No, trunk show product is NOT part of the RDA sale.

If you were planning on placing an online trunk show order, you won't see that go live until after RDA. Looks like stores will have a bit of a head start. Remember, we are all well equipped to help you via phone and internet. You don't have to be local! Let me know if you need help connecting with a team! ?

Why does the AE website does NOT show Shell Strand, Landon, or Higgins Mill?

Shoenut

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Ok guys. Official answer:

Most of the welted uppers are cut and sewn in the DR. Uppers are sent to Port and the shoes are lasted, welted, filled, bottomed, finished and packaged in PW.

There are zero welted styles that are done completely in the DR anymore. None.
That is basically what common sense has led me to believe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads