• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

munchau

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Jefferson 2.0 today.
30E51084-D0A8-48CB-9EC3-1477F82CB7EC.jpeg
FFEAE806-C2F8-45C2-8A88-D8DB60BFC139.jpeg
6C6A162F-7060-4799-AB04-B05976DC540C.jpeg
DCA1E55B-1015-4806-8BC4-F53F989307CE.jpeg

Shoenut

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Leiden weave has really got a lot of weave.
9F0D93DC-9096-41C2-B144-72DC19361974.jpeg

Last edited:

Adhazem

Reaction score

middlepP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yesterday in anticipation of the TS, I order the Freeport in a few sizes to test fit. Hoping the volume isn't too great and a pair in natty is in my future!

To share my excitement, MTO Burgundy Daltons with reverse welt from the good ole days. First time out of the box in a long time. Bloom wasn't terrible but these definitely need lots of brushing, preferably while sitting on the couch watching a ball game.

I'm ready for new laces in these and y'all are pros... What are your recs?
20211019_110505.jpg
20211019_110351.jpg

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yesterday in anticipation of the TS, I order the Freeport in a few sizes to test fit. Hoping the volume isn't too great and a pair in natty is in my future!

To share my excitement, MTO Burgundy Daltons with reverse welt from the good ole days. First time out of the box in a long time. Bloom wasn't terrible but these definitely need lots of brushing, preferably while sitting on the couch watching a ball game.

I'm ready for new laces in these and y'all are pros... What are your recs?
View attachment 1688383 View attachment 1688384
What's your preference? Keep rounds?
https://www.fabmania-shoe-laces.com/collections/round-waxed-cotton-laces-2-mm I use these, and select the 120cm (~47"). That works for my boots.

donkeyhoatie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Spent the weekend visiting Little Donkey at school for her homecoming weekend and watching her marching bad perform a tremendous halftime show. Wore the new Landons both days and they handled all the miles like a champ. No pictures because I was soaking in all the atmosphere and didn't find my mind wandering and looking at my boots.

Today, the weather might hit the 70s, so I figured I should break these bad boys out for what looks to be the last time this calendar year. Ridiculously comfortable, once you get used to wearing a chukka that's this unstructured.

IMG_5459.jpg

marker2037

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Heyoo! Shaved black and natural shell is what. :D
I noticed. Pretty awesome. I just saw the new Freeports today and they are very nice. Machine stitch Indy's @madhat? :)

@ae_ashley I just booked a trip to Charleston for a few days in December before Christmas. I have to get over to the store in person!

ProfilaBinding

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I love this shoe. Sizes are coming and going on the site so I keep checking. Ordered a D width when normally I’m an E but didn’t look great. The V was more like a U so will return. Hoping to snag an 11E before they are all gone.

Yep. If the bottom of the V is fat like a U, that's a sign the fit is not ideal. I've had that happen a few times when I bought the wrong size (hoping it would work). I would continue to check Ebay and other similar sites, as Jefferson 2.0 shoes do pop up often.

Adhazem

Reaction score
Just got a Hopkinson 11E delivered today. Will send back as the stitching is frayed and there’s a puncture in the upper. Here’s the kicker. I had the same shoe delivered a few months ago that I sent back for the same problem. Like the identical pair. So instead of trying to fix it -not really sure what you can do with a hole in the upper- or send it to the seconds AE offered it for sale again. I have been tryin g to get an independence series pair for a while this year and have not been fortunate. So when a Hopkinson 11E popped up I got stoked…until I unboxed. I will no longer be looking for Independence Hopkinson in black…
72EB8512-AE53-4F5D-825B-3B18BC238584.jpeg
DA77079C-1215-412C-BCFF-CC023C341B8F.jpeg

Last edited:

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Just got a Hopkinson 11E delivered today. Will send back as the stitching is frayed and there’s a puncture in the upper. Here’s the kicker. I had the same shoe delivered a few months ago that I sent back for the same problem. Like the identical pair. So instead of trying to fix it -not really sure what you can do with a hole in the upper- or send it to the seconds AE offered it for sale again. I have been tryin g to get an independence series pair for a while this year and have not been fortunate. So when a Hopkinson 11E popped up I got stoked…until I unboxed. I will no longer be looking for Independence Hopkinson in black… View attachment 1688520 View attachment 1688522
The puncture I get, but the stitching can be easily fixed with a lighter. The puncture would be a bit more work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads