• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

blewnote1

Reaction score
Thinking about picking up a pair of Williamsburg Chukka Boot does anyone know how they fit? Are they similar to the Park Avenues in sizing? I am an 11D in Park Avenue should I purchase a 11 in the Williamsburg Chukka Boots?

Should I go with 1 size larger than normal for thicker winter socks?

They are priced at $199 is this a good sale?

View attachment 1687074

It's on the same last as the Park Ave, but mine feel looser (more room on top I think?). I have 9 3e in both fwiw. I've only tried mine on with dress socks but I feel like they would fit better with a thicker sock so I think I would stick to your normal size.

I got mine this summer when they were an additional 30% off the $199 sale price, but who knows if they'll have a deal like that again while they still have your size in stock. I feel like $200 for quality leather boots is a fair price.

miggyramone

Reaction score
Sorry if this question has been beaten to death but...

How do you size in the Rnadolph compared to a Strand?

My sister bought me a pair of Randolphs for my birthday. We went to the AE store and the really really nice sales rep recommended I go with my 65 last size.

Does this sound right to y'all?

SJTM

Reaction score

My sister bought me a pair of Randolphs for my birthday. We went to the AE store and the really really nice sales rep recommended I go with my 65 last size.

Agreed on all points. Have these in black and brown. Wore black to a funeral this week and brown gets lots of wears - it has a beautiful coloration and, like the black, is very versatile with many slacks / sportcoats, chinos and even jeans. The narrower profile of the toe seems to let them be a bit dressier than, for example, the Dundee or Nomad.

Ashley_S

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi all! Small trunk show update: The Madison Ave event on the 29th has been moved to the Rockefeller Center store. David and team look forward to helping you if you are local to that area or would like a store to work with via phone or email!

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I wear 11EEE in 65, and I take the Randolph in 11EE or 11.5E, depending on how I want to compromise fit. (The last isn’t as good for my feet as the 606/2042)

danwatts2005

Reaction score
I've been of the shoe loop (schloop?) for a while, but I am starting to think about replacing my Gobis. I wish AE would bring them back. My question is this: does AE provide something decent, these days? i kind of like the Cyrus, but I don't want any Nomads. Would I be better going to Alden or Oak Street Bootmakers? I'm trying to get close to the style of the Gobi, but I'm not crazy about Alden's leather sole on the unlined chukka. Thanks for any advice.

bluejazzmonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My first outing with the snuff neumoks. All day travelling and then a rehearsal dinner had them feeling a little uncomfortable at the end, but generally speaking these are some of the comfiest AEs I've bought. I'm sure they'll be even better as I break them in and mold them to my feet.

My Brother! You look sharp. How did the gig turn out?? What was the first tune that you performed at this gig??

p.s. I need to order one more pair of boots (before this sale ends).

Last edited:

JRC

Reaction score
After reading on this forum how great the Macneil shoe was, I was able to locate a pair in the shoe bank in my size. of course they are FS2 but as far as I could see, they suited my needs, along with a 30% discount.
They are Burgundy shell, which I love but they look like a older pair but a little brushing did wonders for them. The only defects I saw was the crease on the left pair and rolling on the right shoe.

My question is, how do you tell the age or manufactured date of a pair of shoes?

IMG_0031.JPG
IMG_0032.JPG
IMG_0034D.JPG
IMG_0035D.JPG
IMG_0036D.JPG

James1051

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Doesn’t work that way for me. I go 1 width narrower (than 65) for Randolph, which runs wide and high.

Duke Santos

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nora making sure my boot game is up to snuff before her evening walk.
20211017_161803.jpg

munchau

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
After reading on this forum how great the Macneil shoe was, I was able to locate a pair in the shoe bank in my size. of course they are FS2 but as far as I could see, they suited my needs, along with a 30% discount.
They are Burgundy shell, which I love but they look like a older pair but a little brushing did wonders for them. The only defects I saw was the crease on the left pair and rolling on the right shoe.

My question is, how do you tell the age or manufactured date of a pair of shoes?

View attachment 1687233 View attachment 1687234 View attachment 1687235 View attachment 1687236 View attachment 1687237
You got the ones I was going to order!!

manowar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads