• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

barutanseijin

Reaction score
I hem mine (or buy them at proper length but I’m on the shorter side). Then again, I’ve never understood the whole cuffing thing. ??‍♂️

See, if you cuff them, you can show off your selvedge stripe. Why have selvedge jeans if no one knows they’re selvedge?

With the cuffs you can also put on that oh-so-unique Marlon Brando in the “Wild One” look, too.

Last edited:

Shoenut

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
See, if you cuff them, you can show off your selvedge stripe. Why have selvedge jeans if no one knows they selvedge?

With the cuffs you can also put on that oh-so-unique Marlon Brando in the “Wild One” look, too.
I bought my first pair of selvedge jeans clutching my checkbook. Really, over $100 for denim? At first I cuffed them, but after a while, I liked them so much that I had them hemmed. My selvedge jeans are the only kind of denim that I buy now. They make me feel good. And that is what counts. It is kind of like an AE shoe, very few people know they are AE, they just think that the shoes look nice.

Shoenut

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The sun is almost out, time for a stroll to the coffee joint.
8C7BE71D-9E94-476C-A643-EBB5DDF21E19.jpeg

barutanseijin

Reaction score
I bought my first pair of selvedge jeans clutching my checkbook. Really, over $100 for denim? At first I cuffed them, but after a while, I liked them so much that I had them hemmed. My selvedge jeans are the only kind of denim that I buy now. They make me feel good. And that is what counts. It is kind of like an AE shoe, very few people know they are AE, they just think that the shoes look nice.

I admit that i have selvedge jeans, too. I avoid cuffing on them by having them hemmed, but what works for loafers doesn’t necessarily work for LWBs or boots.

DawgPound

Reaction score
Hey all! For the trunk show, I’m thinking of getting one pair in marbled black and another in natty. Was thinking a Strand and one of the boots (Higgins or Landon). Which color would you get for the shoe and then for the boot, and any reason why? Thanks in advance!

I’ve gone back and forth on this…absolutely love the marbled Strands I’ve seen from the last two shell trunk shows, but not sure what I’m wearing with them if they were marbled black. So was leaning that way the boot (more space to also see the marbling) and the natty for the Strand.

Shoenut

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Hey all! For the trunk show, I’m thinking of getting one pair in marbled black and another in natty. Was thinking a Strand and one of the boots (Higgins or Landon). Which color would you get for the shoe and then for the boot, and any reason why? Thanks in advance!

I’ve gone back and forth on this…absolutely love the marbled Strands I’ve seen from the last two shell trunk shows, but not sure what I’m wearing with them if they were marbled black. So was leaning that way the boot (more space to also see the marbling) and the natty for the Strand.
That is how I would do it

Vincent George

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Shoenut

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Ya I was reading about the differences re: insole. Is it the whole insole or just the heel pad?
BB is the entire insole. The base insole on the BB is full texon. That is covered in Poron with a glove liner over the top. If you have just a little room in your regular 10EEE then it won’t make a difference.

Kansai22

Reaction score
Thinking about picking up a pair of Williamsburg Chukka Boot does anyone know how they fit? Are they similar to the Park Avenues in sizing? I am an 11D in Park Avenue should I purchase a 11 in the Williamsburg Chukka Boots?

Should I go with 1 size larger than normal for thicker winter socks?

They are priced at $199 is this a good sale?

williamsburg-2800-coffee-angle-web.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads