• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
It seems too punk or bohemian for the kind of person who digs Allen Edmonds enough that they're willing to spend $700 to get a custom pair of shoes.

I'm always willing to learn though, anyone care to help me understand its aesthetic appeal?

3CC1F994-1DFA-40ED-ACED-AA25CB48F783.jpeg
09D539F3-00CC-45F4-9BC1-0266EBCA13A3.jpeg

This is why I buy black shell.

Last edited:

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Well no RDA for me, cat needs a tooth extraction and it's over $1k :mad:

Looks like he is going to have to learn to be ok with having his teeth brushed from now on.
Had a dog that needed similar once, 1200 bucks and he wound up loosing a lot of teeth. He figured out how to eat however after he recovered...Lived another 8 yrs after the operation. I often wonder if the vet was BS's me.

BFT9000

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Took some time today to take some pictures of my entire collection...phew! Pulling down and putting back so many pairs is not a task for the faint of heart.

BFT9000

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Oh yeah, and no more Strands, ‘cause @BFT9000 doesn’t have any more storage space.
:hide:

Here's a quick pic of my "Strand Wall". You can imagine my reaction to @AEfaninTampa joking about my lack of storage space.

PXL_20210929_013634537.jpg

I can comfortably fit another box of six on the very top, but I don't think ill be able to reach (at 5'11") a row on top of that one. I'll have to annex another wall, and I'm certain Mrs. Strand King will not be pleased with that.

manowar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ok so it will begin sometime around October 1st, I am guessing?
I should have provided more context - read the original post and you'll see that October 7th is the START date for the Rediscover America Sale. (Someone correct me if I'm wrong since my ad is now in the landfill prematurely.)

AdaminPhilly

Reaction score
I should have provided more context - read the original post and you'll see that October 7th is the START date for the Rediscover America Sale. (Someone correct me if I'm wrong since my ad is now in the landfill prematurely.)
Oh! Thanks. Sorry it's late here.

BFT9000

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My collection to date, 82 different Strands:

strandcollection1.jpg

Rows from top to bottom, left to right:

Red, White, and Blue Webgem, Holly Mok, Brown Grain Mok, Black Grain Mok, Walnut Grain Mok, Walnut/Olive Wool Mok, Mahogany/Charcoal Wool Mok, Camel Suede Mok, Crimson Red Suede Mok, Denim Suede Mok, Navy Suede Mok, Olive Suede Mok, Snuff Brown Suede Mok, Brown Nubuck Mok, Tan Nubuck Mok, White Nubuck MTO

Tinsel Avenue, Snuff Suede/Orange Midsole Mok, Tan Suede/Green Midsole Mok, Navy Suede/Blue Midsole Mok, Saddle Suede Mok 2.0, Grey Suede Mok 2.0, Adriatic Suede Mok 2.0, Black w/Blue Sole Mok, Tan Mok, Brown Mok, Navy Apache Mok, Olive Mok, Grey Mok, Joseph Abboud Desert Oasis Mok

Black Calf, Dark Taupe Suede, Loden Suede, Slate Suede, Navy Suede, Vintage Dark Brown Suede, Brogue Suede, Snuff Suede, Chocolate Suede MTO, Burgundy Suede MTO, Purple Suede Webgem, Brown Texture/Lug Sole Mok, Walnut Texture/Lug Sole Mok, Bone Essex Mok

Chestnut Calf, Walnut Calf, Bourbon Calf, Vintage Tan Pin Grain, Vintage Mahogany Scotch Grain, Vintage Burgundy Aniline, Vintage Burgundy Polished Cobbler, Vintage Navy Aniline, Vintage Brown Aniline, Walnut Weave, Copper Weave, Black Weave, Olive Weave, Chili Weave

Midnight Navy Calf, Blue Calf, Oxblood Calf, Merlot Calf, Dark Chili Calf, Chili Calf Webgem, Brown Calf, Coffee Calf, Cigar Calf, Copper Calf, Mahogany Calf, Olive Calf, Grey Calf, Carbon Calf

Marbled Dark Cognac Cordovan, Marbled Color #8 Cordovan, Dark Cognac Cordovan, Color #8 Cordovan, Chili Cordovan, the Strand King, Bourbon Cordovan, Green Cordovan, Navy Cordovan, Black Cordovan

strandcollection2.jpg

Next stop is 100!

Last edited:

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Well, I'm about to spend at least 4K on a move, so I could tell my wife "Is $700 really that important if you're about spend 4K"?

If any of you all know of great moving companies, please PM me.
I feel your pain.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 89 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads