• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Hey! Glad you asked.

Twice a year we do what we call a trunk show. In February, the materials used are usually non-shell. In September, always shell. This year, we felt like we were rushing to get out ducks in a row so we opted to push the show back to the very end of October/beginning of November.

We give you a menu of sorts of styles, colors, soles, and sometimes a few other methods of customization to choose from, and usually several of the options are not typically available to you in our standard line. Within the constraints of that menu you can create something specific to your personal tastes. We usually quote 12 weeks, but some people see a quicker turnaround. There are no discounts of any kind, but there are also no upcharges for your special makeup. It's just $695 for shoes and $725 for boots...usual shell prices. No returns or exchanges, so this is not the time to take sudden gambles with size. Definitely square that away before ordering.

We choose a handful of "host stores" that hold mixer events on kickoff day and have physical samples for you to touch and look at, and the host stores always change slightly from event to event, but EVERY store is armed with a ton of photos and references so you are 100% crystal clear on what you're getting into before pulling the trigger, even if your favorite store isn't a "host". Lots of customers email and call in, so you don't even really have to visit anyone in person. Just support any store you like, and if you don't have one, I can link you with one.

Speaking of which...it's about that time. I should be announcing soon. Stay tuned!

interesting. I already received an email with the details. Maybe that was an error on someones part. Update. Just did not read the thread all the way before posting. Carry on.

Last edited:

Shoenut

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Indeed!

(All credit goes to my wife!

Me - "How do you like these boots?"
Her, unamused - "Did you slay a dragon?")
I have always said, “Behind every great collection, there is a woman rolling her eyes”.

DawgPound

Reaction score
In honor of the trunk show announcement, I present brown shell Strands today :)

F73A7BBB-519E-4843-BA4C-9C7AC9F7E28F.jpeg

Duke Santos

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A pair of Burgundy Landons with a commando sole are calling out to me. I, however, have already bought 2 AE and 2 C&J in the last 10 months and still need a pair of formal shoes in the near term. I'll see what the RDA sale is on some black Carlyles, and if it isn't great, might put that on the backburner and get my trunk on.

Roycru

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Since I was going to be walking around for about five hours today wore brogue suede Strands.

Since the last three and a half years of my life have been like being in a horror film, took a picture with Vincent Price's star on Hollywood Blvd.

IMG_7383.jpeg

For fans of "A-E In The Wild" pictures, standing by the Hollywood Tower Apartments on Franklin Avenue in Hollywood CA and once again showing although my belt (brown alligator) and my shoes (brown suede) don't match, things haven't gotten any worse (so far).

IMG_7404.jpeg

A better picture of the Hollywood Tower Apartments. There is a ride in some Disney parks that looks something like this building.

IMG_7406.jpeg

For fans of food pictures in shoe threads, a Cajun Chicken Sandwich, brown rice, and me at Birds on Franklin Avenue in Hollywood.

IMG_7397.jpeg

For fans of random Hollywood pictures in shoe threads, Birds from across the street.

IMG_7401.jpeg

More random Hollywood pictures, not The Daily Planet Clark Kent, Lois Lane, and Jimmy Olsen worked at.

For fans of random facts in shoe threads, ate at the Bourgeois Pig on the same day as the 2020 California Primary Election.

IMG_7393.jpg

One more random Hollywood picture, outside an ice cream shop on the same block of Franklin Avenue as The Daily Planet, the Bourgeois Pig, and Birds.

IMG_7400.jpeg

Last edited:

ProfilaBinding

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
When I inquired earlier, I believe she posted all colours are available if you choose Dainite.

Thanks. I came to realize that ordering shaved black shell might actually look better with a standard black dainite sole. The olive might make it too green and take away from the contrast. This black marbled shell is a little tricky because I'm not guaranteed it will be green. It seems to cover the whole spectrum of camo (black, green, dark green, red).

Thrift Couture

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks. I came to realize that ordering shaved black shell might actually look better with a standard black dainite sole. The olive might make it too green and take away from the contrast. This black marbled shell is a little tricky because I'm not guaranteed it will be green. It seems to cover the whole spectrum of camo (black, green, dark green, red).
It may make for a killer combo though. Shaved black/olive sounds really nice. I was thinking natty or chilli with red Dainite. The problem is, I don’t care for any of the choices enough to jump.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 61 39.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 17.9%

Forum statistics

Threads