• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ProfilaBinding

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Why choose?? Get both! Call it an early Christmas present for yourself.

I told my wife recently that I wanted to "invest" in some trunk show shoes, as a hedge against inflation. She said "you invest in a lot of shoes already".

I already have a good idea of what I would want. Natural is going to be a hard pass for me, probably. It would look great on a Higgins or Strand. The marbled Strand is the easy choice for me, but seeing the marbled Higgins has made me rethink it. It would likely be one of those two.

EZB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I told my wife recently that I wanted to "invest" in some trunk show shoes, as a hedge against inflation. She said "you invest in a lot of shoes already".

I already have a good idea of what I would want. Natural is going to be a hard pass for me, probably. It would look great on a Higgins or Strand. The marbled Strand is the easy choice for me, but seeing the marbled Higgins has made me rethink it. It would likely be one of those two.
It sounds like a soft pass there. You should get both!

Genericuser1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Y’all know this is my favorite time of the year. What time? TRUNK SHOW TIME! Get ready! We’re lean and mean this year with a slightly more streamlined show, but we've included some seriously rare colors this year that should get even our most avid collectors excited ;)

■ WHERE AND WHEN:

• Orders can be placed in any store from October 29th- November 8th.

• The first leg of the show will kick off in LA, Michigan Ave, Madison Ave, Nashville, Dallas, and KOP. Each of those stores will have mixer events Friday October 29th.

• The second leg of the event will go live in Boston Newbury, Indianapolis, Denver, Tampa, DC City Center, and Scottsdale, where they’ll have their mixer event Friday November 5th.

• Although non “host” stores will not be having actual in store events or physical samples, they are all absolutely participating in this show! They will be armed with tons of reference photos and information, and are completely prepared to help you with anything you'd like.

• You do not have to order in person. You can call or email ANY store with your selections and participate remotely! SUPPORT your favorite store by reaching out early and letting them know you plan to participate! Many stores keep detailed notes about trunk show orders before the show to make sure the kickoff day goes as smoothly as possible.

• The mixers will officially begin in host stores at six, but they can begin keying in preorders starting the morning of 10/29/21. You might meet some like minded enthusiasts in your area!

■ COLORS AVAILABLE:
• Colors offered for this cordovan event will be: Brown, Black, Burgundy, Chili, and (DRUMROLL)...MARBLED BLACK and NATURAL.

• Natural is the great white whale all our customers beg us for every single year. At one point, per Horween...for everything thousand shells produced, only 10 to 20 of them were clear enough to reserve for Natural shell. Marbled black is a stunning wildcard that pulls green and brown as you shave the black shell down. Of all the marbled shell we've utilized, Marbled Black shell is the most unique in my opinion. And you know the best part? We’re considering both of our exciting additions unlimited currently. All colors are available to all stores.

■ STYLES AVAILABLE:
• Park Avenue $695
• Strand $695
• Randolph $695
• Higgins Mill $725
• Landon $725
• Freeport $725
• Park Sneaker $595

■ SOLES AVAILABLE: There is an attached chart listing all available soles for each model, along with the default sole. Please note that this chart also includes style numbers for each model as well as which models will be exclusive to stores/unavailable online.

■ EDGES AND WELTS: We will not be offering welt and edge ink changes this show. You can find the welt and edge colors assigned to each cordovan color in the chart attached.

■ OTHER KEY POINTS:
• The usual $120 special makeup fee is waived during this event
• All sales are final! No returns or exchanges, so be certain of your size beforehand.
• Natural shell and Marbled shell have a lot of variation, which is a characteristic of these colors that we embrace and do not consider a blemish.
• Please also note that there is no way we can honor requests regarding the extent to which a pair of shoes is marbled.
• We are not accepting out of size range makes at this time, and we aren’t accepting any customizations beyond what’s outlined here.
• We expect a quote time of around 8-12 weeks.

As always, I'm here to help you with any questions you have! Feel free to sound off below with any inquiries, but here is one for YOU: What will you be scooping up this Fall?
Wow. I am not happy with this! I promised I wasn't buying this year, and what did you come out with?!?!?! @polojock615 and I pushed for black reverse a few years ago, but this is pretty damn close.
:bounce2:Oh Lord, I just saw the news. Both natural and marbled green???? I know it's "black", but really it's green. How am I supposed to choose between those two? This is too much to process. Need to calm down and think logically.
Uh, if you DON'T get black marbled, we can't be friends anymore. It would clearly mean you aren't a true green connoisseur.

BFT9000

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

You have green shell Strands, olive calf Strands, and olive Strandmoks already, right? Maybe opt for the marbled black Higgins so you have a olive/green option in boots too!

Shoenut

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Shoe change to emulate other posters this morning.
954A8FB3-50A5-46B2-BF3F-08D83EEA8D46.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads