• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

H. E. Pennypacker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'll be in the suburbs of Memphis, TN. I have many friends and my wife's family who will remain here, so I'm sure we will come to visit. It will be a challenge getting used to a humid climate again, but I was raised in Kansas, so it will probably seem familiar. I look forward to having some rain again. In my opinion, the best time of the year in LA is in January and February when the weather is cool and we get a little bit of rain.
Nice! I've been thinking of visiting Nashville for the food and to explore a different environment, than what we're accustomed to here. I agree with you about the weather, I actually don't like the heat, ironic given that it's warm year-round here. Hope all goes well with the relocation!

Duke Santos

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Potter and Sons might be close to your new home which could be helpful.

Love those guys. I discovered their youtube videos during lockdown, and it was a huge impetus towards learning how to take care of my dress shoes. Prior to that, I'd always just had it done at the airport or the hotel or at my barber (Truefitt & Hill in Chicago).

NYCTechNerd

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Love those guys. I discovered their youtube videos during lockdown, and it was a huge impetus towards learning how to take care of my dress shoes. Prior to that, I'd always just had it done at the airport or the hotel or at my barber (Truefitt & Hill in Chicago).

About a year ago, I found these channels which really helped with my shoe care process/program (so much so that my wife requested I take over care of her 60 pair collection):

Bedo's Leatherworks (VA)
Cobblers Plus (CO)
Kirby Allison/Hanger Project (TX)
Trenton and Heath (Potter and Sons in TN)

As a result, I have ordered Saphir products from Kirby Allison as well as Potter and Sons, sent a resole to Cobblers Plus which has a video, and am trying to figure out a project to send to Steve at Bedo's. I also have a secret place in NJ for repairs because I have not had much luck with anyone in Manhattan which seems weird.

EZB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
About a year ago, I found these channels which really helped with my shoe care process/program (so much so that my wife requested I take over care of her 60 pair collection):

Bedo's Leatherworks (VA)
Cobblers Plus (CO)
Kirby Allison/Hanger Project (TX)
Trenton and Heath (Potter and Sons in TN)

As a result, I have ordered Saphir products from Kirby Allison as well as Potter and Sons, sent a resole to Cobblers Plus which has a video, and am trying to figure out a project to send to Steve at Bedo's. I also have a secret place in NJ for repairs because I have not had much luck with anyone in Manhattan which seems weird.
And now look for The Elegant Oxford.

ptfly

Reaction score
I'll be in the suburbs of Memphis, TN. I have many friends and my wife's family who will remain here, so I'm sure we will come to visit. It will be a challenge getting used to a humid climate again, but I was raised in Kansas, so it will probably seem familiar. I look forward to having some rain again. In my opinion, the best time of the year in LA is in January and February when the weather is cool and we get a little bit of rain.

BTW, this Alden CFO story is one of the most bizarre things I've ever read on here. How could this have remained a secret for so long? 30 million? I'm just baffled.
Good luck on your big move. You will be about two hours NE of me. Hopefully we have a nice, long fall. Strong storms but you know that from Kansas.
I travel to LA at least once a year and have friends there. Lived in North California back in the day. The one thing I would have trouble getting used to in LA is the lack of seasons and seasonal dressing.
Welcome to the area.

Count de Monet

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Good luck on your big move. You will be about two hours NE of me. ……

So you live in Dewitt? :cool:

AE related, I’m curious about the game day foot wear of choice among college football fans lurking here. My red Maritimes are undefeated this young season, including their appearance at the curb stomping of Texas last week.

I will have likely switched over to the “russet” Sauk Drives by the Auburn game in Fayetteville next month. Or my deep red GMTO Eagle Country’s. Surely it will be boot season by then. The EC’s are prettier but the Dublin Sauk Drives with the old school yellow label Vibram soles are great for foul weather.

JFWR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So you live in Dewitt? :cool:

AE related, I’m curious about the game day foot wear of choice among college football fans lurking here. My red Maritimes are undefeated this young season, including their appearance at the curb stomping of Texas last week.

I will have likely switched over to the “russet” Sauk Drives by the Auburn game in Fayetteville next month. Or my deep red GMTO Eagle Country’s. Surely it will be boot season by then. The EC’s are prettier but the Dublin Sauk Drives with the old school yellow label Vibram soles are great for foul weather.

I was going to wear my blue suede Strandmoks to the Illini game on Friday, but I decided just to wear a pair of non-AE chukkas as I had worn my suede shoes a lot.

FatTuesday

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Since purple footwear is hard to find, this is my football season Saturday default:

Horween football grain!
20170729_151906.jpg

The Duke beef-roll penny loafers

20180324_123817.jpg

Patriots short wing penny loafers

_MG_2994 (1).jpg

Promontory Point cap-toe boots

77a2891968394650d9e3f51f23fffeee--mens-dress-boots-men-dress-shoes.jpg

My buddy's choice
20191207_100752.jpg

20191207_100747.jpg

JFWR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Since purple footwear is hard to find, this is my football season Saturday default:

Horween football grain!
View attachment 1671836

View attachment 1671837

View attachment 1671839

View attachment 1671838

Those boots are real damn nice!

Those look like they would be great fall boots. Really nice and rustic, and the football grain is super cool.

mreams99

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Horween football grain!
View attachment 1671836

View attachment 1671837

View attachment 1671839

View attachment 1671838

Since football leather options are hard to find, I had to go the opposite route. I’ve got a pair of Cronmoks that I dyed a deep dark purple.
365213C8-07B8-45F4-B9DD-C88D02DB5589.jpeg
8DD5F7A9-1AAE-4A8A-9671-33DB8B85A9F9.jpeg

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Oldie but a goodie. Regent Street LWB circa 2012. Perfect casual shoe. When it needs a resole I’ll slap a double leather on it.
FDD4D2E7-65B0-4419-BA55-21B9B90C06AC.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads