• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

HCapLonghorn

Reaction score
A pair of chili shell strands on a wedding lawn this evening - really nice affair I’ll add

Attachments

• F323BC3A-CC24-4764-9C64-D18D8CEC6588.jpeg
    F323BC3A-CC24-4764-9C64-D18D8CEC6588.jpeg
    383.6 KB · Views: 24

H. E. Pennypacker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No matter how bad your day is you can always make it worse by struggling to put on those floppy tongued fools, the grey suede Strandmok 2.0s.

View attachment 1671345

For fans of "A-E In The Wild" pictures, aboard Metrolink Train 662, an outbound Orange County line train enroute to Orange CA and contemplating how one of the best shoes ever, the suede Strandmok 0.0s and one of the worst shoes ever, the suede Strandmok 2.0s, could have been made by the same company, or even on the same planet.

View attachment 1671347

For fans of food pictures in shoe threads, tea and me at the Paris In A Cup Tea Salon in Orange CA.

View attachment 1671348

For fans of travel pictures in shoe threads, downtown Los Angeles as seen from a train arriving from the south.

View attachment 1671349

Some random travel advice: If you ever see this out an airplane window, hold on to your seat and brace yourself.

A random travel question: Haven't been on an airplane since Jimmy Carter was President. Can the seat cushions still be used for flotation devices?
Since you were out in Orange, I highly recommend The Cellar in Fullerton for your next OC outing. The cocktails are creative and amazing. The steak au poivre was also delicious.

AEfaninTampa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
A random travel question: Haven't been on an airplane since Jimmy Carter was President. Can the seat cushions still be used for flotation devices?

Yes, but only if you crash in water. Nobody ever drowned in a cornfield in Iowa.

Hisheirness23

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No matter how bad your day is you can always make it worse by struggling to put on those floppy tongued fools, the grey suede Strandmok 2.0s.

View attachment 1671345

For fans of "A-E In The Wild" pictures, aboard Metrolink Train 662, an outbound Orange County line train enroute to Orange CA and contemplating how one of the best shoes ever, the suede Strandmok 0.0s and one of the worst shoes ever, the suede Strandmok 2.0s, could have been made by the same company, or even on the same planet.

View attachment 1671347

For fans of food pictures in shoe threads, tea and me at the Paris In A Cup Tea Salon in Orange CA.

View attachment 1671348

For fans of travel pictures in shoe threads, downtown Los Angeles as seen from a train arriving from the south.

View attachment 1671349

Some random travel advice: If you ever see this out an airplane window, hold on to your seat and brace yourself.

For Southwest Airlines, they instruct you to put on a life vest found under your seat cushion (but not to inflate until after you have left the plane). Think the seat cushions could still be used ?

EdwardWilson

Reaction score
I was worried for a moment when the headline didn’t mention which company…

This makes it a little easier to digest:

1632082784842.jpeg

ProfilaBinding

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Where to? I may seem close minded, but every time I travel and come back home, I was always think, ‘there’s no place like home; LA.’

I'll be in the suburbs of Memphis, TN. I have many friends and my wife's family who will remain here, so I'm sure we will come to visit. It will be a challenge getting used to a humid climate again, but I was raised in Kansas, so it will probably seem familiar. I look forward to having some rain again. In my opinion, the best time of the year in LA is in January and February when the weather is cool and we get a little bit of rain.

BTW, this Alden CFO story is one of the most bizarre things I've ever read on here. How could this have remained a secret for so long? 30 million? I'm just baffled.

H. E. Pennypacker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This makes it a little easier to digest:

View attachment 1671625

This guy really reminds me
1632086560300.png

of this guy....
1632086570681.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads