• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

FatTuesday

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Question about suede - Besides Saphir product(s),
what's the go-to suede cleaner used by the SF experts??

I'm eyeing some pre-owned suede footwear. No obvious spots to remove, just want a general cleaning. I see a Bickmore (Bick 4 folks) for $7. Will mild soap and water do the trick? I just read where vinegar and water is better than many higher priced solutions.

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I'm eyeing some pre-owned suede footwear. No obvious spots to remove, just want a general cleaning. I see a Bickmore (Bick 4 folks) for $7. Will mild soap and water do the trick? I just read where vinegar and water is better than many higher priced solutions.
I’ve used my Laundress cashmere laundry stuff on suede before. Worked good.

FatTuesday

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I’ve used my Laundress cashmere laundry stuff on suede before. Worked good.
Good to know - thanks!
I'm gonna give Kirby Allison a bone and buy the Cadillac stuff.

Edit - Done. 3 Saphir products for $77. Hope it works!

Last edited:

Ashley_S

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah seriously put that rubbish away.

In this nightmare I was at the AE store in Seattle while the AE enthusiasts were crowded around a salesman who was slowly unveiling the trunk options. At first big-tall heads were obstructing my view, until the veil was finally removed and two fugly, bright red and blue VW Beetle looking patent leather Mac Neils were revealed in all their hideous glory. I desperately started pawing through the store’s inventory looking for bourbon Mac Neils with natural welts until a salesperson said “Better luck next year, kid.” Then I woke up.
I'm going to be that salesperson for Halloween.

Rithrin

Reaction score
Yeah seriously put that rubbish away.

In this nightmare I was at the AE store in Seattle while the AE enthusiasts were crowded around a salesman who was slowly unveiling the trunk options. At first big-tall heads were obstructing my view, until the veil was finally removed and two fugly, bright red and blue VW Beetle looking patent leather Mac Neils were revealed in all their hideous glory. I desperately started pawing through the store’s inventory looking for bourbon Mac Neils with natural welts until a salesperson said “Better luck next year, kid.” Then I woke up.
Why the hate on the PatNeils? You either get these shoes or you don't, you know?

EdwardWilson

Reaction score
I'm going to be that salesperson for Halloween.

AE_Ashley: crushing dreams since 2021…

67A20D52-452D-4958-9737-F4DA80F4D4B5.jpeg

bluejazzmonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

dpgaloot

Reaction score
Happy Monday,

I finally pulled out these new brown Strandmoks to try. I've owned them since last fall, always reached for something else until today. Lotta gap there, which has some of you more concerned than it does me. I'll never get the closure some of you want on this last, but it generally closes up a bit for me as the shoes break in.

Strandmok_Brn_2_25.jpg

Hisheirness23

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Hope you got a suede brush. I got one not too long ago and have questioned how I've gotten by this long without one! A must have for suede shoes/boots!

Shoenut

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Happy Monday,

I finally pulled out these new brown Strandmoks to try. I've owned them since last fall, always reached for something else until today. Lotta gap there, which has some of you more concerned than it does me. I'll never get the closure some of you want on this last, but it generally closes up a bit for me as the shoes break in.

View attachment 1648018
I can buy 3 pairs of the same style and get almost closure all the way to a large gap. Strandmok is the biggest offender.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads