• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

aero25

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

aero25

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

aero25

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Strandmok before the Strandmok name.

Man, if I could wear the 222, I'd have wanted the Lubbock.
Yeah, that's a good looking monk strap. I always wanted the Stewart and Big Sur out of that lineup. Never could find one worth salvaging.

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yeah, that's a good looking monk strap. I always wanted the Stewart and Big Sur out of that lineup. Never could find one worth salvaging.
Kinda surprised they haven't brought back the Stewart...a patina monster Leeds? Seems perfect for today's wants.

Count de Monet

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Gents, what is your best AE footwear that no one notices? My Navy 1A navy Shell gets no respect. In fact, a woman asked me why I would wear a plastic shoe, when I own so many nice leather pairs? Anyone got a story?

As others have said, unless I’m wearing spectators, white bucks, wing tipped boots, etc. nobody ever comments on my shoes. If they did, I’d figure I was doing something wrong.

That said, the shoe that gets the most disrespect is my Wilberts. And not in the real world but right here.?

The somewhat weird leather has a fantastic feel about it, seems impervious to the elements, and the shoe is super comfortable. It’s handled cobblestones in Europe and some things on the sidewalks on a trip to Chicago I probably don’t want to know about and they remain no worse for wear. They are better road warriors than any of those in the actual collection.

ProfilaBinding

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Strandmok before the Strandmok name.

Man, if I could wear the 222, I'd have wanted the Lubbock.

They were similar to the Strandmok, but they didn't have poron. Some might like them more because of this.

@EdwardWilson If those were in my size, @BFT9000 or myself would have already bought them. I say, go for it.

EdwardWilson

Reaction score
They were similar to the Strandmok, but they didn't have poron. Some might like them more because of this.

@EdwardWilson If those were in my size, @BFT9000 or myself would have already bought them. I say, go for it.

Strongly considering. I’ve had a real issue with sizing. I had a 9B Strandmok that was too tight, and an 8.5 Boardwalk (also 65 last) that is slightly roomy. The last (no pun intended) thing I need is another pair of shoes that I’m reselling on eBay.

In addition to the red and blue patent leather Mac Neils, if the trunk show offers shell Mac Neils, I’m guessing they will be around $695. Given that I’ve rarely paid full price for AEs and I’m now earning Canadian dollars, this could be $2000+ CDN fall. And part of my plan in moving to Vancouver was to save money…

EdwardWilson

Reaction score
*freezes and quickly hides the red and blue patent leather on her desk*

Yeah seriously put that rubbish away.

In this nightmare I was at the AE store in Seattle while the AE enthusiasts were crowded around a salesman who was slowly unveiling the trunk options. At first big-tall heads were obstructing my view, until the veil was finally removed and two fugly, bright red and blue VW Beetle looking patent leather Mac Neils were revealed in all their hideous glory. I desperately started pawing through the store’s inventory looking for bourbon Mac Neils with natural welts until a salesperson said “Better luck next year, kid.” Then I woke up.

EZB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah seriously put that rubbish away.

In this nightmare I was at the AE store in Seattle while the AE enthusiasts were crowded around a salesman who was slowly unveiling the trunk options. At first big-tall heads were obstructing my view, until the veil was finally removed and two fugly, bright red and blue VW Beetle looking patent leather Mac Neils were revealed in all their hideous glory. I desperately started pawing through the store’s inventory looking for bourbon Mac Neils with natural welts until a salesperson said “Better luck next year, kid.” Then I woke up.
Red and blue PatMacs....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads