• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DawgPound

Reaction score
Gents, what is your best AE footwear that no one notices? My Navy 1A navy Shell gets no respect. In fact, a woman asked me why I would wear a plastic shoe, when I own so many nice leather pairs? Anyone got a story?
Funny! My wife and kids both have said shell looks like plastic (until it starts to age). Then again, my chili shell Landon boots are one of her favorites that I have and she first noticed them without me pointing them out.

That said, probably my navy/black LandSharks get the least respect. People just don’t easily see/notice them…dark colors. Once a person knows what they are (shell/shark), then they think it is really awesome. On the flip side, without a doubt my various Strandmoks get the most notice/respect.

Hisheirness23

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Beautiful shoes, and well cared for!
I wouldn't mind if the Marbled 8 made a return for TS-21, since I choked when I had a chance to grab a pair a couple years ago. Oh well, not likely to be repeated any time soon.
Would love this and possibly having a scuffed/marbled shell every TS! The unique character of each is what makes them so beautiful! Scuffed black maybe as well? Wonder if there is a scuffed chili?

Rithrin

Reaction score
Gents, what is your best AE footwear that no one notices? My Navy 1A navy Shell gets no respect. In fact, a woman asked me why I would wear a plastic shoe, when I own so many nice leather pairs? Anyone got a story?
The only time my shoes get noticed is if they are what average people think is unusual so spectators, weaves, bright colors or textures.
Exactly! The Broadstreet and the 1776 get noticed and commented on. At work the other week, my burgundy shell Leeds got noticed by a coworker, but not for the reason you might think. The coworker in question said, "Hey, I think we own the same shoes! They're so versatile." to which I replied, "Allen Edmonds? Good taste!". His response was, "No, they're Eccos, but they're the same color!"

I guess the state of society is that same color must mean same maker even if they don't look anything alike.

EZB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Global entry renewal interview today
575E3982-5BB6-467E-926C-37ACBF0FBDBC.jpeg
6A801AD6-6B99-4EC0-A01D-E9B80B6F389A.jpeg
8B97C368-0C15-4E33-BF21-3D7F4956370A.jpeg

EdwardWilson

Reaction score
I had a dream, or rather a nightmare, last night that this year's AE trunk show only offered the Mac Neil in red or blue patent leather.

Serves me right for watching Apocalypse Now before bed.

JFWR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I had a dream, or rather a nightmare, last night that this year's AE trunk show only offered the Mac Neil in red or blue patent leather.

Serves me right for watching Apocalypse Now before bed.

Million dollar idea.

FatTuesday

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The most common comment is from my significant-other, "All of your shoes look alike."

Occasionally in meetings when seated and folks notice that my shoes are actually boots, I may get a comment - mostly complimentary.

I wore a pair of Made-in-Maine ranger mocs to go hiking and the same S.O. said, "Why are you wearing your dress shoes to go hiking?"

Last edited:

EdwardWilson

Reaction score
Does Anyone know the last for the AE Elgin? They look suspiciously like the Strandmok.

1627925684740.png

1627925758894.png

Shoenut

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

DawgPound

Reaction score
Maiden voyage of the brown shell Strands! Love them! I only wished that a natural edging was a factory option. Maybe I’ll do that like a couple other pairs, but I’m not there yet. Here they are in three different lighting environments since shell changes so much!

3FA76594-40C2-4B7D-AE29-96F44D08D091.jpeg

7646DA17-ED5E-44EA-8CA0-CF4F960D577B.jpeg

4A429F5E-CA4D-4BE6-8F3E-69ABD9CBAF15.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 81 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 83 37.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.4%

Forum statistics

Threads