• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

EZB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
After 18 and a workout with the trainer, a long hot shower and an Eagle rare on the rocks, decided to give the Broadstreets another try. Fit works, although one instep slightly tighter than the other ( my feet likely still a bit swollen - course is VERY hilly). decided to see how they paired with a few pair of summer weight wool trousers as well as a pair of cream colored cotten trousers. I also just bought a pair of linen trousers in rust, but still at the tailor. Still deciding if these work with the light grey and blue / grey slacks.

View attachment 1647441 View attachment 1647442 View attachment 1647443 View attachment 1647444
They seem to all go well, but I think that first one is least best

SJTM

Reaction score
I think the light grays work, and the cream were made for spectators, or vice versa.
Have you tried browns?
Waiting for tailor to finish the rust linen pants, but do not own any "brown" pants that are summer weight. The tan linen pants posted above look like a great option. S&M has some linen pants in "tobacco" which look like another good option.

I have a few linen sportcoats in tan, cream,and dark blue as well as navy seersucker. My walnut C&J spectators work well with all of them. That said, I am convincing myself that these carbon Broadstreets are nearly as versatile and set a different tone - still spectators, but the darker leather is a bit more subdued / refined if that makes any sense. I doubt I would wear the C&J's with a suit, but I might see this working with certain summer weight suits, such as an extremely subtle grey POW. I think these could also work with a tan seersucker pant, but rarely see this fabric these days. I used to have a pair of extremely pale green linen pants ( almost looked like taupe) They would have brought out some of the other hues in this shoe.

Actually one of the most intriguing shoes I have owned.

SJTM

Reaction score
S&M Olive linen?
1627864604074.png

Ashley_S

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hello all. I stumbled across this forum yesterday looking up some specific information about pairing some newly acquired Broadstreets in Carbon.
I emerge from the rabbit hole several hours later with much more knowledge. My wife kept looking at me because I would laugh out loud every page or so. I appreciate the respectful banter.
But I think I'm in trouble. I apparently need many more pairs of shoes and boots than currently reside in my closet. Especially in Shell Cordovan.
You don't say...
Make sure you're hanging around here in September! ??

BFT9000

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Polishing my marbled shell Strands.

PXL_20210802_055026639.jpg
PXL_20210802_055134424~2.jpg

These shoes are amazing. The marbled effect gives them an incredible depth and variety of color. Here's hoping we get even more marbled shell this year!

EdwardWilson

Reaction score

James1051

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Polishing my marbled shell Strands.

View attachment 1647557 View attachment 1647558

These shoes are amazing. The marbled effect gives them an incredible depth and variety of color. Here's hoping we get even more marbled shell this year!
Beautiful shoes, and well cared for!
I wouldn't mind if the Marbled 8 made a return for TS-21, since I choked when I had a chance to grab a pair a couple years ago. Oh well, not likely to be repeated any time soon.

Shoenut

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Gents, what is your best AE footwear that no one notices? My Navy 1A navy Shell gets no respect. In fact, a woman asked me why I would wear a plastic shoe, when I own so many nice leather pairs? Anyone got a story?

Shoenut

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Gents, what is your best AE footwear that no one notices? My Navy 1A navy Shell gets no respect. In fact, a woman asked me why I would wear a plastic shoe, when I own so many nice leather pairs? Anyone got a story?
By the way, I ended up giving her the proper AE response. Either you get this boot or you don’t.

Genericuser1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well I picked up a pair of hi-top Moto sneakers and the width isn't too bad, wish I had gone with a 44 instead of a 43 but over all the fit is decent. I'll pick up a waterproof leather pair this fall so the Black tumbled HM's will go back into normal rotation.

Weather.com says nice riding weather for most of the week so probably not many shoe pics from me this week.

Clearly you are having too much fun.

supra_tint1.jpg
supra_tint2.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads