• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

gantman

Reaction score
Hello all. I stumbled across this forum yesterday looking up some specific information about pairing some newly acquired Broadstreets in Carbon.
I emerge from the rabbit hole several hours later with much more knowledge. My wife kept looking at me because I would laugh out loud every page or so. I appreciate the respectful banter.
But I think I'm in trouble. I apparently need many more pairs of shoes and boots than currently reside in my closet. Especially in Shell Cordovan.

ProfilaBinding

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
These burgundy polished cobbler Sanfords arrived last weekend. Not a big deal, but I like looking at the older construction from 20 years ago. I honestly probably will not wear this pair much, if at all. I was considering using these as a "test" shoe for stripping down using acetone and then re-dyeing in some kind of walnut or light brown. However, I kind of hesitate to do that to such an old shoe. On the other hand, this model is not scarce or highly valuable. New ones are scarce, but not the used ones. You can see the difference between the shell (thank you, @BFT9000 ) and the polished cobbler. I will add that the shell version has wheeling and better lining. One detail I think a lot of men miss about these older models is the little perspiration holes in the toe box. It's cool seeing how much attention to detail they put into these.

IMG_3493.JPG
IMG_3494.JPG

EdwardWilson

Reaction score
These burgundy polished cobbler Sanfords arrived last weekend. Not a big deal, but I like looking at the older construction from 20 years ago. I honestly probably will not wear this pair much, if at all. I was considering using these as a "test" shoe for stripping down using acetone and then re-dyeing in some kind of walnut or light brown. However, I kind of hesitate to do that to such an old shoe. On the other hand, this model is not scarce or highly valuable. New ones are scarce, but not the used ones. You can see the difference between the shell (thank you, @BFT9000 ) and the polished cobbler. I will add that the shell version has wheeling and better lining. One detail I think a lot of men miss about these older models is the little perspiration holes in the toe box. It's cool seeing how much attention to detail they put into these.

View attachment 1647364
View attachment 1647366
The darker shoe looks sharp. It could only be improved by being a shell Mac Neil.

EZB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Called the container store so I could figure out how to best get a new top rail to split my current elfa closet into three closets: one for each of my sons and one for my father. I was told not to buy them online and to come to the store to get the pieces cut. I go to the store and find that I have to wait potentially hours while the closet designer helps other people design closets. It doesn’t matter that I don’t need him—just need to buy a couple pieces and have them cut. So I call the store from inside the store and am told to just buy it online! What the hell! You tell me not to buy it online, have me drive to the store, and then tell me to go home and buy it online!

On the bright side, I wore some nice shoes.
2D64B616-3304-413A-8B37-F27A2843810D.jpeg

SJTM

Reaction score
Hello all. I stumbled across this forum yesterday looking up some specific information about pairing some newly acquired Broadstreets in Carbon.
I emerge from the rabbit hole several hours later with much more knowledge. My wife kept looking at me because I would laugh out loud every page or so. I appreciate the respectful banter.
But I think I'm in trouble. I apparently need many more pairs of shoes and boots than currently reside in my closet. Especially in Shell Cordovan.

And what pairings did you come up with?

SJTM

Reaction score
Broadstreets in 11D came in… I think they fit! But I need to wait for the 10.5E pair to compare

My carbons arrived today. Purchased in 10D ( all of my AE's are 10D). Not clear if fit works yet - just walked 18 holes and my dogs are barking. But area around big toe does feel a little constrained compared to 65 last. I need to try again tomorrow - also need to try with my orthotic half sole insert.

savvysartorial

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Had a fantastic night last night in my new GS suede loafers.

How last night went

PXL_20210801_012910254.jpg
PXL_20210801_005406779.jpg

How today's going. Should've taken a shorts photo, as they're worse
PXL_20210801_204121760.jpg
PXL_20210801_204125247.jpg
PXL_20210801_204129341~2.jpg

SJTM

Reaction score
After 18 and a workout with the trainer, a long hot shower and an Eagle rare on the rocks, decided to give the Broadstreets another try. Fit works, although one instep slightly tighter than the other ( my feet likely still a bit swollen - course is VERY hilly). decided to see how they paired with a few pair of summer weight wool trousers as well as a pair of cream colored cotten trousers. I also just bought a pair of linen trousers in rust, but still at the tailor. Still deciding if these work with the light grey and blue / grey slacks.

AEBS1.jpg
AEBS2.jpg
AEBS3.jpg
AEBS4.jpg

James1051

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
After 18 and a workout with the trainer, a long hot shower and an Eagle rare on the rocks, decided to give the Broadstreets another try. Fit works, although one instep slightly tighter than the other ( my feet likely still a bit swollen - course is VERY hilly). decided to see how they paired with a few pair of summer weight wool trousers as well as a pair of cream colored cotten trousers. I also just bought a pair of linen trousers in rust, but still at the tailor. Still deciding if these work with the light grey and blue / grey slacks.

View attachment 1647441 View attachment 1647442 View attachment 1647443 View attachment 1647444
I think the light grays work, and the cream were made for spectators, or vice versa.
Have you tried browns?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 45 40.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 44 39.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 18 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 25 22.5%

Forum statistics

Threads